PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Pet Fence

Idon'tknow
06-18-2007, 10:37 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows anything about the new Wireless Underground Pet Fences? I saw them for sale at Canadian Tire but it's $400 and I would buy it if I knew that it woks well...LOL I mainly need to know if the radius can reach for a acre yard?

Big Hearted Auntie
06-18-2007, 01:22 PM
:D
Hi, the one I have is for up to 1/2 acre, so for an acre you would need 2. Check on ebay.ca, they are cheaper, and a couple of sellers from the States will ship them as a gift.

Idon'tknow
06-18-2007, 01:36 PM
Does your fence work well?

Big Hearted Auntie
06-18-2007, 02:47 PM
:D
yes, it took about a week for the dog to learn the borders, but now I don't have to worry about him running on to the road.

domarloc
06-18-2007, 03:23 PM
I highly recommend electric pet fences. In my personal opinion they are well worth the money!!

Idon'tknow
06-18-2007, 04:13 PM
Does anyone know if getting two would work for an acre?

Atchbe
06-20-2007, 08:54 AM
My concerns with underground fencing are it offers no barrier for animals coming in to your dogs area. Also, if there is something highly valuable on the other side some dogs will learn to go straight through and learn that the pain is only for a short time frame. You may never be able to leave a dog out unattended with underground fencing. Also, some dogs have developed aggressive tendancies with underground electric fencing. Some dogs associate the pain with the object of their arousement and can become highly reactive in the future. A good example is a child riding a bike.

You could go through Fundy fencing although it's costs a bit of money if you know someone who can put it up for you it's much much cheaper, just buy the rolls, gates and posts and you can do it yourself if your handy :) The gates are exensive.