View Full Version : And......DONE!

kaj27
12-29-2006, 11:11 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/12/29/hussein/index.html

Discuss!

jdcb
12-29-2006, 11:15 PM
Discuss!

NO!!! NO!!!! I won't, I refuse to discuss this...

kaj27
12-29-2006, 11:16 PM
NO!!! NO!!!! I won't, I refuse to discuss this...

Meh free country.

jdcb
12-29-2006, 11:21 PM
Anyway, sorry, I had to do that. Midnight moderation is fun :)...

Anyway, back to topic...

We now live in a world without Saddam Hussein! What this will bring about in terms of ramifications both in Iraq and around the world we have yet to see. Was this the right thing to do, debatable.

They didn't broadcast it live, but did videotape in and will release it to media. Do we think this was human rights issues derived like they claim, or to allow to edit any last words?

jdcb
12-29-2006, 11:22 PM
Meh free country.

I know, I was going to post what I already posted right below it, but took a few minutes to type, and spell check his last name... :)

Mandi
12-29-2006, 11:32 PM
I'm shocked. But I suppose it was going to happen sooner or later, he was a bad man.

user5624
12-30-2006, 12:48 AM
I wonder what's going to happen as a result of this.

Trey
12-30-2006, 01:17 AM
I don't really think it will put an end to the violence in Iraqi.

I was a little shocked when I got home from work tonight...I knew Saddam was to be executed but I guess I missed that it was today.

I do have to say tho...here I sit waiting to see the pic's...how sick is that? And how many of you are as sick as me? I know I will see the pic's and wonder why I wanted to see them.

HAPPY EID :)
And Happy New Year!

jdcb
12-30-2006, 01:44 AM
I do have to say tho...here I sit waiting to see the pic's...how sick is that? And how many of you are as sick as me? I know I will see the pic's and wonder why I wanted to see them.

There is going to be a video too...

airsky501
12-30-2006, 04:50 AM
That's great, BUT what about GWB and how many he has killed?

puppyluv
12-30-2006, 05:16 AM
This is a tough one....I think the world is better without people such as Saddam, but it still has people like Manson, etc in it.
I personally just can not understand, or really even fathom how someone could be so cruel, so evil (I believe he was) to his own mankind.

jdcb
12-30-2006, 05:21 AM
That's great, BUT what about GWB and how many he has killed?

along this lines, I was listening to Saddam's charges, they include "invading other countries..."

um???

airsky501
12-30-2006, 05:34 AM
How did they get US OIL under their sand? How many WARS are faught over land?

Bay
12-30-2006, 10:17 AM
The US shouldnot have brought Saddam back to Iraq, that is forbidden by the safetycouncil. But the US do as they please.
My opinion: hanging Saddam is disgusting US propaganda. The real dictator is still in the White House.

Lemme_LQQK
12-30-2006, 04:54 PM
Took too long as far as I'm concerned, I belive he was working towards being a world dictator.

Mandi
12-30-2006, 05:20 PM
I don't really think it will put an end to the violence in Iraqi.

I was a little shocked when I got home from work tonight...I knew Saddam was to be executed but I guess I missed that it was today.

HAPPY EID :)
And Happy New Year!

ewe. I had no interest in seeing the pics.. . but I was looking at my favorite blog ,and well... if you scroll on there , there you go.
http://www.trent.blogspot.com/

Somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 way down the page.

devils_advocat1
01-02-2007, 10:52 AM
it took far to long for this to happen, they should have shot him dead the day he was caught, with a world wide broadcast of it happening, there was no need to waste time and money on his trial only to find out what we already knew...again this was well past due

daneast
01-02-2007, 03:43 PM
I have not ,and will not watch the video or look at the photo's.
Although the death of Saddam was cheered by many..it did nothing to quell the bloodbath still continuing in Iraq. As the civil (religion based) war errupts it will bring the USA what it has desired all a long..control of the oil. They will see which side will be thier puppet and back them, spouting propoganda about bringing peace and "stabilization" which a lot of the world will swallow, hook, line and sinker. Although Saddam committed crimes against the people, he was nothing more than a tool and excuse for Bush to invade Iraq...The US supplied him with weapons when it suited them. I can name many dictators around the globe that have done, are even doing as bad or worse..only difference is..no oil. Sad really.

Mandi
01-02-2007, 04:23 PM
I have not ,and will not watch the video or look at the photo's.
Although the death of Saddam was cheered by many..it did nothing to quell the bloodbath still continuing in Iraq. As the civil (religion based) war errupts it will bring the USA what it has desired all a long..control of the oil. They will see which side will be thier puppet and back them, spouting propoganda about bringing peace and "stabilization" which a lot of the world will swallow, hook, line and sinker. Although Saddam committed crimes against the people, he was nothing more than a tool and excuse for Bush to invade Iraq...The US supplied him with weapons when it suited them. I can name many dictators around the globe that have done, are even doing as bad or worse..only difference is..no oil. Sad really.
Well said. I didn't want to see the photos but stumbled upon them. I wasn't exciited about this. It didn't acomplish anything other than 'an eye for an eye'. Bush... well. I watched the documentary Loose Change, and there's not much in it that didn't make sense to me...