PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know?..

harbourchick07
06-15-2007, 10:18 AM
Hi i am just wondering if anyone knows where i can find an electric horse/livestock fence?. I tried the Pet Corral and they carry everything horse related but the electric fencing. my dad wants to put one up for my horse. We moved him to my place for the time being while we fix up the barn where he is at, and the place we but the other horse, didn't have enough room,they only had 4 stalls and took 5 horses. and My horse doesn't get along with others in the same stall. two horse were only little ponies. If anyone knows where i can get an electric fence please let me know.

girdy
06-15-2007, 10:29 AM
Try "Feed Dealers" for a few farm supplies companies, and "Fences" in the Yellow Pages. There are probably a few people in Hampton/Sussex area carrying livestock electric wiring.

harbourchick07
06-15-2007, 11:06 AM
We looked all that up and there was nothing, my friend told us that the Sussex co-op has them.

Misty589
06-15-2007, 11:35 AM
i was going to say sussex co-op. If you don't find any I can ask my dad, we got some about 10 years ago for a couple of horses we were taking care of on his property.

harbourchick07
06-16-2007, 07:44 PM
yeah that would be awesome, electric fencing is expensive but cheaper then buying wood. lol i only need it for about a month or so because i can't keep tying my horse to a tree, and walking him down the trail he needs to be able to eat all day while i am at work and go in at night, he is a little skinny as he was a rescue horse, he needs to be dewormed and such but other then that and the fact he is full of it he is in good health and spirits, rated one a scale of 10 i'd give him a 61/2 maybe 7. i started to clip him but the mooter in the clipper fried on me, so he has a bald patch on him. i am not to worked though it will grow in soon. but yeah if your dad has a fence and it is in good condition or even mint and it still works my dad will probably by it from him.

Atchbe
06-16-2007, 08:55 PM
Hi harbourchick07, I was going to mention the Sussex Co op as well...but, it's already been mentioned.:D

It is so hard to find someone who has time to build the pasture and barn. Who were you hiring? or, does your dad do that for you.

Good luck with your horse. Sounds like he was rescued by a wonderful person.

harbourchick07
06-19-2007, 10:25 AM
yeah my dad is helping to put the electric fence up at the stable and at my house. We got the old barn floor ripped up and are putting sand down(it is better for their feet) I would put an electric fence up because a wooden fence will shift and eventually your horse will be able to get out ( like the little crap pony at our barn) she thought everyone how to get out of the fence. I love having my horse at my house but he is hopefully going back to the barn in july.