PDA

View Full Version : monitor question

livnlern
12-29-2006, 05:15 PM
does anyone know why a monitor may not come on ,power light does not come on either it stays black.
thank you for any help

amethyst
12-29-2006, 05:25 PM
That's happened to me before. It's dying.:(

livnlern
12-29-2006, 06:45 PM
oh no that's terrible it is only a year old from future shop.My daughter will not be happy with the bad news.

icedragon
12-29-2006, 08:25 PM
Any warranty with it? Not trying to insult you or anything but did you check to make sure both the plugs in the wall and the one in the back of the moniter never got knocked out? That's going to be the first question they ask you if you can take it back.

space
12-29-2006, 08:45 PM
oh no that's terrible it is only a year old from future shop.My daughter will not be happy with the bad news.

our lanlord bought a new refrigerator for our apt only about 2 months old.. the bottom part is not working doesnt stay cold. so as it was getting close to christmas our lanlord had brought in another fridge in for us an older one so we had 2 fridges here during christmas.. lol . at least they @ future shop could of done is to give another refrigerator as it was close to christams.. today the fridge still not fix. as our landlord not only bought 1 but had bought 3 fridges from them.

we bought a computer from them before and as it was still under warranty they gave us a hard time in honouring the warranty. never again!!

icedragon
12-29-2006, 09:40 PM
I've heard horror stories about them before. Mostly dealing with computers. Things like not giving the driver discs, not giving the os disc. We used to get alot of future shops computers when problems came up and it wasn't until I actually called microsoft that I found out they are suppose to give the os discs with the computers.

livnlern
12-30-2006, 03:21 PM
icedragon,you were not insulting my inteligence at all.It would be my daughters inteligence at stake.I actually did tell her to check her cord coming from the monitor,she said she did and it still wouldn't work.
Well today I took it to futureshop they checked the plugs and lo and behold it worked.LOL She lives with her father so I couldn't check it myself.
Thanks everyone for your help