PDA

View Full Version : Retail Drive ?

Goin4Coffee
06-14-2007, 11:36 AM
Okay,, Who has had the pleasure to take a spin up or down Retail Drive??
I Did a partial a few days ago, but today.. I Decided to have a look at the rest..---bad idea:mad: not to mention I was the ONLY vehicle on IT....

I only Have one Question:
WHEN are They going to FInish it???

I Understood it was finished,(could have fooled me),It was delayed I remember. They had the "Opening Ceremony" Last week---Doesn't that mean it's finished??:o

ILiveOnEarth
06-14-2007, 11:45 AM
Looks fine to me what more do you want? As long as you can drive from point A to point B it works. Roads are always a work in progress they will be repairing potholes on it next year :)

kaj27
06-14-2007, 11:59 AM
I'd like to see it finished also. What's the deal with the man holes still not flush with the road.

Still needs another coat of asphalt I guess.

Goin4Coffee
06-14-2007, 12:01 PM
Looks fine to me what more do you want? As long as you can drive from point A to point B it works. Roads are always a work in progress they will be repairing potholes on it next year :)
You've got to be kidding me....
although I'd have to agree with the roses part, :rofl:

jdcb
06-14-2007, 12:08 PM
I'd like to see it finished also. What's the deal with the man holes still not flush with the road.

Still needs another coat of asphalt I guess.

I imagine they're going to wait till the construction of the Hotel is complete before they put down the final coating of pavement. That way they don't just get it down then it get's torn up by heavy vehicles...

jdcb
06-14-2007, 12:12 PM
that's never stopped them before lol...they just finished rothesay avenue and tore it up not long after....

maybe they're learning??? http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/jdcb/ughdunno.gif

girdy
06-14-2007, 12:13 PM
I use it for getting to/from Home Depot/Rothesay Road. I'd drive on a goat path to avoid Westmorland/McAllister - Retail Drive is an enormous improvement.

Goin4Coffee
06-14-2007, 12:46 PM
maybe they're learning??? http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/jdcb/ughdunno.gif
:rofl: wishful thinking--that's a good attitude to have

Martin
06-14-2007, 06:19 PM
First, it's not the city who built the road...it was Troy Northrup's company. They got into a cost sharing agreement with the city to build it. So to say that the city is learning is wrong. 2nd...the final coat of asphalt will be put in once the hotel is built, and most of the heavy traffic is gone.

Now that Home Depot has a second entrance on Retail Drive, does that mean that they'll be taking down the lights at the Home Depot entrance on Westmorland?? One can only hope!

I for one, think the new road is a good thing for the area. It'll take alot of traffic off of Mcallister!

Goin4Coffee
06-14-2007, 10:13 PM
First, it's not the city who built the road...it was Troy Northrup's company. They got into a cost sharing agreement with the city to build it. So to say that the city is learning is wrong. 2nd...the final coat of asphalt will be put in once the hotel is built, and most of the heavy traffic is gone.

Now that Home Depot has a second entrance on Retail Drive, does that mean that they'll be taking down the lights at the Home Depot entrance on Westmorland?? One can only hope!

I for one, think the new road is a good thing for the area. It'll take alot of traffic off of Mcallister!
No one suggested that the "City" did it, or who did what, We all know who's responsible , and It was a comparison to Rothesay avenue. "they" did it to.

I think It is needed too, so long as it's used, but they really should have it all tweaked enough to avoid the mess at both ends:(. I think anyone who drives through there can tell it's not finished..I was clearly stating the fact that they had the Ceremony. (I guess with all the bragging I expected more)

bleacherbutt
06-15-2007, 07:49 AM

Does that mean that maybe the city will put those traffic lights somewhere that is really needed!!!!!! such as the intersection of Rothesay Rd. and Rothesay Ave. (That would be a welcoming addition). It is a nightmare there!!!!

trinity
06-15-2007, 11:49 AM
I agree, I know I avoid that end of Rothesay avenue like the plague, and on the rare occasions that I have accidentally gone that way, I have often turned right, gone down to one of those churches, and turned around to go left. Someone is going to cause an accident there out of sheer frustration. I don't know if you could realistically stop traffic coming off the highway, but it would be nice once in a while if no traffic could come up off the Rothesay road so that people could get a chance to turn left to get on the highway heading west.

rubycshells
06-15-2007, 01:08 PM
I usually take the Ashburn Rd exit by Strescon and loop around. Can't stand the Rothesay Ave/Rd. intersection...just too stressful.

skallywag
06-15-2007, 02:30 PM
Stressful? Come on! It's easy as pie! Just use common sense and take your time. Drive in London or NY for a bit, then complain about stress.

The only "stressful" intersection in SJ is SIMMS Corner, and only if you are trying to cut straight through it.

rubycshells
06-16-2007, 11:57 PM
Stressful? Come on! It's easy as pie! Just use common sense and take your time. Drive in London or NY for a bit, then complain about stress.

The only "stressful" intersection in SJ is SIMMS Corner, and only if you are trying to cut straight through it.

I actually have driven in many places all over the world...and I still find this intersection stressful. I would rather drive Montreal or London anytime...at least I know what is expected.

homebody
06-17-2007, 08:56 AM
does anyone ever write about useful things on this thread. who cares that someone is stressed. anyone know whatever happened to the Montanas that was supposed to be built there

Martin
06-17-2007, 09:19 AM
does anyone ever write about useful things on this thread. who cares that someone is stressed. anyone know whatever happened to the Montanas that was supposed to be built there

It's in their plans to be built. It's the next part of their plans.

homebody
06-17-2007, 09:46 AM
Has anyone heard any rumors of when the next phase will begin and what that will consist of. meaning whats going in there

dollydoo
06-17-2007, 11:12 AM
What about a set of lights up on garden street and coburg that is a crazy intersection everyonr is freaking out to get no where fast. Also as for the lights on westmorland road don't count on it they will probably put another set by home depot and the hotel knowing this city. Anyways Retail Drive is very nice. I like the view you get going up. It's a nice change to what your used to seeing. Also, does anyone know if they are still making the off ramp from the highway to Retail Drive??

jdcb
06-17-2007, 01:47 PM

I totally agree with that. Simms corner is worse. I use the Rothsay Road/Ave exit all the time to make a left, it's not problem if you have a tiny smudge of patience...

jdcb
06-17-2007, 01:48 PM

Wow, this post was kinda useless as it complains in itself of it's own uselessness and then tries to change the subject...

Goin4Coffee
06-18-2007, 06:47 AM
Wow, this post was kinda useless as it complains in itself of it's own uselessness and then tries to change the subject...
:rofl: - no comment

homebody
06-19-2007, 08:30 PM
I see the new Best Western hotel is starting to go up. Are there any specs on the hotel. Who is building it. Thanks

trinity
06-19-2007, 08:42 PM
Um, we care if someone is stressed? stressed drivers hurt/kill our friends and family, damage our property, and jack our insurance rates for all. Sometimes people post to point out potential problems, especially with new roads and construction, it might be helpful to others when planning their driving day.

JustWatching
06-20-2007, 08:19 AM
I think that all these stressed people should read The Secert - it will help them understand why when they physc themselves up for the stressful intersection it will be stressful - very stressful - and probably the rest of their day will be too...because you're getting back what you're putting out there - negative energy - it really works - they need to read the book....just my humble opinion :)

rubycshells
06-20-2007, 08:36 AM
Interesting how a thread turns into pop psychology...:rofl:.

murraydow
06-26-2007, 09:02 PM
Is that the Best Western that they are driving pilings in for on Major's Brooks Road?

puppyluv
06-27-2007, 06:36 AM
Yes Mur,
Behind the Boston Pizza.

ILiveOnEarth
06-27-2007, 01:40 PM
I imagine they're going to wait till the construction of the Hotel is complete before they put down the final coating of pavement. That way they don't just get it down then it get's torn up by heavy vehicles...

I drove down there just while ago and they are paving it.