PDA

View Full Version : I know this is not where it is supposed to go...

krista25
06-14-2007, 06:56 AM
Does anyone else have a problem with getting into the Discussion Topics? Everytime I have tried since last night, the page doesnt load, it just stays white??

PA
06-14-2007, 08:40 AM
Yeah. They aren't loading for some odd reason.

livnlern
06-14-2007, 08:45 AM
I can get in,it seems to be working fine.

Lady_Athena
06-14-2007, 09:24 AM
I find different parts of the site seem to be going down and coming up randomly.

ourkidsrcute
06-14-2007, 09:28 AM
on the main page. where it has all of the different titles you can click on, go down to the very bottom and you will see the discussion topics there try and go through that way, that way is working for me

admin
06-14-2007, 11:00 AM
That's strange... people have still been posting in all the sections, so it seemed like the site was working okay.

Is it only a problem for the discussion section?

Which ISP do you use?

Does it make a difference if you go to www.isaintjohn.com/classifieds (http://www.isaintjohn.com/classifieds)
vs http://isaintjohn.com/classifieds (no www)?

Thanks

serialspell
06-14-2007, 11:33 AM
that is the difference for me, cannot get in if i put www anymore

admin
06-14-2007, 11:50 AM
that is the difference for me, cannot get in if i put www anymore

Is your ISP Aliant?

admin
06-14-2007, 11:58 AM
It seems to be a problem with Aliant that happens once per month or so, but not for all Aliant users at the same time.

During such times when some users can't reach the site, other people still can (on Rogers, etc.), and even many other Aliant users can reach the site.

We haven't determined yet why it happens, but it appears to be a problem at Aliant's end... it basically seems like their systems forget how to reach the site (for www and/or non-www URLs), and end up taking 12-24 hours to re-map it.

Thanks for reporting it

For anyone who works at Aliant, if you could let us know why this might happen, it would be much appreciated :)
(can post in the forum or send a PM)

krista25
06-14-2007, 04:13 PM
Thanks for all the info everyone...I just tried again and I was able to get on :)

And yes, I am with Aliant.