PDA

View Full Version : where to go fishing ??

aimee1lynn
06-09-2007, 10:44 AM
we want to go fishing but also have 3 kids so really not into walking in the bush anyone have any ideas ?? Also can you fish off the wharfs ?? anyone know of a good wharf to fish at ??
TIA

Jonny2184
06-11-2007, 01:55 PM
Loch Lomond Lakes are ok.
Bring a chair, get a nice size hook and a big nightcrawler and a big weight.
Throw it in and sit and wait. Can get kinda boring but it's fishing.

Also if you drive down any highway you will find little brooks off on the sides now and then. You can always try them for fish, and its not much walking.

You can fish off the wharfs but it can be hard. Depending.
You can fish smelt I guess off the Renforth wharf. I've never done it in the summer but i guess you can. (shrimp is a good bait with a little hook.)

By reversing falls down by the resaurant "July 1st" you can fish bass but I dont know if your kids are big or little, and you would need a good size rod for them suckers.

Hammond River is also a great place to fish. Trout, bass, everything really.

you really have to go outside the city for good fishing. Rockwood park is ok for kids but you dont wanna eat them fish, and there are not many trout in there if any. Mostly it's little sunfish in there and they can be hard to catch cause they are small. but ive seen kids catch them before.

anyway, again your best bet is outside the city.
I do love loch lomond lake but the fish will move to the middle of the lakes soon (u'll need a boat) so get out there...

Dan_Man
06-11-2007, 06:43 PM
I started off the same way Jim :)
Many memories of going "fishing" with my Grandfather :)

aimee1lynn
06-11-2007, 06:57 PM
Thanks dan and jim !!We have done the fish pond thing it was fun when they were small :D but now they want to do the real thing ,,,,, we went to hammond river last summer but didn't have much luck ,,,,,
Jonny2184 where are the loch lomond lakes :confused: I am assuming they are on loch lomond road :o ,,,, I have seen the beach out there and a little pond or lake across from it:confused: :confused: .......
Fishing for bass sounds fun !! My kids are 11 and 9 ..... Is july 1st the only time you can fish bass ?? what kind of bait do you use for bass ?
Ya don't think I'd eat whatever came out of rockwood park :p

rubycshells
06-11-2007, 07:15 PM
We fish off the wharf in Beaver Harbour. It's great fun when the mackeral are running or just to do some bottom fishing for flounder.

Woofer
06-11-2007, 08:10 PM
i was fishing blacks harbour on saturday. caught lots and had a blast

peg-a-leg
06-13-2007, 11:11 AM
loch lomond lake is just past the airport. same area as the cut off for barnseville and st. martins. i have never fished there but you always see people there on our way home from work.

mattpage84
06-23-2007, 03:38 PM
i would agree that blacks harbour an beaver harbour would be good wharf's if your up for a drive, i lived right acrossed from the fish plant wharf in blacks harbor an got to fish from my back yard it was pretty good