PDA

View Full Version : Groundhog anyone?

sarahnb
06-05-2007, 07:07 PM
Anyone know how to get rid of them? I discovered one hiding out under my front step today. He's free.

The_Dave
06-05-2007, 08:06 PM
Try a live trap cage, I believe the department of natural resources may even be able to provide one. Look in the blue government pages.

Nail
06-06-2007, 03:26 PM
Leave some fish down their hole. The stink will drive them out eventually.

cherie001
06-07-2007, 08:25 AM
when we had a groundhog under the deck the landlord put mothballd down and that seemed to do the trick.

however now that we have a house we have had problems with groundhogs and the mothballs only cause them to move alittle further away and did more holes so we have had to resort to live traps, they are really easy to lure in with alittle peanut butter, so far we have caught two with a homemade trap and as soon as we get it fixed (the last one chewed the wood to peices)will set again to see if there is more.

Good luck they do make a mess of the yard so I wouldn't put it off.

jdcb
06-07-2007, 09:47 AM
catch them in a bucket and start the bbq...

sarahnb
06-07-2007, 11:33 AM
Leave some fish down their hole. The stink will drive them out eventually.

Gross. And me too. The front deck is low to the ground. Aside from removing it, there is no way to get under it....except for Digger as the kids have named him.

shoona
06-07-2007, 04:05 PM
why would you want to get rid of it i have a mommy one in my yard who just had 5 babys they are the cutest things i have ever seen except for my kitty who plays with them...

Misty589
06-07-2007, 04:12 PM
I've got a hunting dog that would be up to the task ;)

countesscurling
06-08-2007, 08:20 AM
My neighbours have an ongoing problem with groundhogs. Seems that under their storage shed is the perfect home for groundhogs. They have a live trap. They trap them and them relocate them to a more suitable place.

sarahnb
06-08-2007, 09:22 AM
why would you want to get rid of it i have a mommy one in my yard who just had 5 babys they are the cutest things i have ever seen except for my kitty who plays with them...
I'm not sure how friendly a groundhog would be with kids. I'd rather my kids play in my yard than a groundhog.

Hunting dog? I might be interested.