PDA

View Full Version : Harbour Station Roof & Marquee

Martin
06-05-2007, 11:22 AM
Has anyone noticed lately that the big marquee sign at Harbour Station has either been turned off, or half lit? I've passed by there at least 3 times in the past week in the afternoon, and it's been like this.

Anyone also notice that Harbour Station's roof still isn't cleaned up? Didn't the Mayor say that it would be done "SOON"?? It would be nice to have it cleaned up "SOON", as tourist season starts!!! Harbour Station's manager Mike Caddell has said in past interviews that the snow usually takes the dirt off the roof, but with no snow this past year it hasn't done that. They must be waiting for the fog to take it off now....

Martin
07-02-2007, 03:49 PM
Anyone know anything about this? If they are going to clean it? Or are they waiting for more snow!?

brandenp
07-02-2007, 07:17 PM
Anyone know anything about this? If they are going to clean it? Or are they waiting for more snow!?

I spose we could email the paper, and have it put on the front page of the city section of the paper, in the City Watch Section. It seems to be the most effective way to have anything done lately. It actually works lol

sarahnb
07-02-2007, 08:29 PM
It's a roof. Aren't there more important things to spend money on?

stripekv
07-02-2007, 08:38 PM

Who cares.

drcanada
07-10-2007, 12:45 AM
Why didn't they use a darker color to begin with? Seems to me we will be complaining about this today and years to come! Move forward Saint John is just a bloody roof!

Have idea why don't we look at repairing our streets instead. If the tourist are too busy looking at the roof, their like you lot a "waste of time" :rofl::rofl:

ASortaSweetart
07-10-2007, 11:57 AM
When I look at the roof I think about what we must be breathing in everyday. It's not the eyesore that bothers me, but what might be causing it.:rolleyes:

Also my husband thinks the marquee is a an accident waiting to happen. A few of the ads are blinding. lol [peeking over my shoulder wanting me to add his 2 cents]

I was a "tourist" here once and what turned me off the most was the raw sewage problem. heh.

Sorry I am not intending to thread jack, just inputting my (/our) thoughts:cool:

christine chittick
07-11-2007, 09:35 PM
If the tourist are too busy looking at the roof, their like you lot a "waste of time" :rofl::rofl:

But if they are concentrating on the dirty roof of Harbour Station - they will not realize the crater sized holes in the road as they drive over them! LOL

Jhazon
07-12-2007, 10:47 AM
Harbour station issues??? Did anyone notice the amount of poverty in this city? There is a dire need of support for the local food banks and cash for social service centers.

Harbour Station, like the Digby Ferry, is a business and governments need to stop assisting these operations.

trinity
07-12-2007, 02:39 PM
I guess I don't understand what the issue is, it's a ROOF. I'll be you dollars to holes in donuts my roof is dirty. While I suppose it doesn't look very nice, I'm sure that most average tourists have only one question about Harbour Station, which is "what is it?" The only issue with dirt and debris on a roof should be "will it make it leak/collapse?" Since it was partially funded by our tax dollars, the status of the roof is important that way, to maintain our investment.