PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know about the new hotel-when hiring?

trinity
06-04-2007, 05:34 PM
I am wondering if anyone knows when the Hampton Inn and Suites out east will start hiring? I've checked their website and the job bank and hcareers, nothing.

habsfan10
06-04-2007, 06:11 PM
Not sure, but I would like to know as well. The opening is not until the fall /07, so I would assume sometime toward the end of the summer would be some hiring. Anybody know, please pass it on to the rest of us.

dan j
06-04-2007, 08:29 PM
Based on past stays there in other cities it would seem like a good place to work. They're very focused on customer satisfaction and to do that they would have to first start with employee satisfaction.

trinity
09-18-2007, 02:03 AM
I have been trying to keep on top of any newspaper ads- I don't want to miss the job fair. Does anyone have any info on this place? I emailed them and was told to wait for the announcement of the job fair, but they should be open in 6 weeks, shouldn't they be having the job fair soon???

trinity
11-03-2007, 12:30 AM

sarahnb
11-03-2007, 08:22 AM
They have an office set up in Parkway mall.

Oolong
11-05-2007, 06:51 PM
They're very focused on customer satisfaction and to do that they would have to first start with employee satisfaction.

That's how the theory works anyway. :-\

The latter type of satisfaction doesn't always seem to be a priority with employers. Why work at employee retention when people are hurting for jobs?

trinity
11-06-2007, 01:29 AM
That's just it, people AREN'T hurting for jobs around here, that's why all the call centers are offering incentives all over the place, it is an employees market for lower paid jobs- we have to make them happy or else they will leave. Employers have to put up with things they would have fired employees for 5 years ago. Every place I know of is looking for employees, and I can't think of a single friend or relative that is unemployed and wants a job- if you have someone who says they can't find a job, they aren't looking hard enough or think they are too good for fast food or retail.

JustWatching
11-06-2007, 08:04 AM
I think it depends on their situation....if it costs more to go to work than it does to stay home then why bother?

I don't think in a lot of cases it has to do with being above retail or fast food places....it is simply about the pay....at $7/hr...if your paying babysitters....fuel/transportation...clothing etc sometimes you would break even or be in the hole with those wages.

Oh and just so I'm clear I'm not talking about people on welfare or anything like that....I know plenty of stay at home moms (dad working - has a very decent paying job) that it just wouldn't pay for mom to get a job like that.

sarahnb
11-06-2007, 08:46 AM
Exactly. By the time I pay for daycare for one and after school for two...why bother? We'd also need a second car and have more expenses. Add in the stress and up the grocery bill because I wouldn't be home to make meals. Just doesn't make sense for me to work