PDA

View Full Version : Ladies! What does your man say .... ?

tred816
06-04-2007, 12:36 PM
....about you when he's at work and you're at home taking care of the kids?

Ever wonder what your man does at work? Does he flirt with the ladies? Does he badmouth you?

Well....I just wanted to share the most charming experience and someone out there might feel good about it.

I had a delivery to my house today and was watching my baby niece when the two delivery guys came to my house.
One busied himself at the truck while the other one came to look at the item they were replacing because it was damaged.
While he was looking it over, he asked if my niece was my only child. I explained it was my niece and I had two in school.
He went on to say he had 5 kids. Well 4, and one due next month. They were all under 7!
I commented on how busy he must be and he said, "Yup SHE is." He put no emphasis on the "she", but it was clear to me that he adored his wife/gf and it was nice to see a man who truly gave credit where credit was due.
So, next time you're at home taking care of the little ones and feeling unappreciated, remember, there could be another person out there hearing how wonderful you are.
Sometimes our better halfs don't always tell us or we don't necessarily feel like they appreciate us. But, there's always the chance they are telling someone else, when you don't even know it.

karen
06-04-2007, 01:17 PM
Fortunately, I'm blessed with a man that appreciates what I do (I'm a stay at home mom who minds 4 other children) and makes a point of telling me. When he is home, he is very quick to help around the house or to give me a break! And yes, I too, in turn tell him how much I appreciate him and/or his thoughtfulness! :)

domarloc
06-04-2007, 01:42 PM
I am also a stay at home mom and I have to say I am very lucky. My husband works a 40+ hours a week and has no problem coming home to help out when needed. Mind you I do not expect him to come home and do housework but him helping out tells me he realizes that it is not always and easy job.

tred816
06-04-2007, 05:41 PM
I also have a very loving husband who is very appreciative of what I do and he doesn't hesitate to say it.

Sadly, I know a lot of women who aren't so lucky so this experience was quite nice. I have a lot of respect for men who are faithful to their women and aren't ashamed to praise them to strangers.

I've had exes who said they said nice things about me to other people, but I didn't hear it myself. This was a first for me to experience being the stranger.

Mandi
06-04-2007, 06:15 PM
I have the most amazing partner. I would never worry what he says about me when I'm not around. It's so nice to know that some people really do appretiate what we do in our lives. :D

Flaxie
06-04-2007, 10:52 PM
I met my spouse at work and we both still work for the same company now. We have our own responsibilities in different areas but I always here from others the sweet things he has to say about me. I also hear when he is grumbling to tho lol!!
(That doesn't happen often thank goodness lol)

ILiveOnEarth
06-06-2007, 03:23 PM
My wife has been a stay at home mom for the last 11 years. We have an 11 year old and 3 year old daughters.

I think stay at home Moms should be paid from the government for what they do. They work harder then most people do that work outside of the house. I know my wife works very hard harder then I do at my job I would have to say. Not that I don't work hard I really like my job.

People that say it must be nice to stay home all the time and do nothing, well they have no clue what they are talking about. Those people haev never done it so they cant comment on it.

My job starts at 9:00 AM and ends at 5:00 PM my wifes job is a 24 hour 7 day a week 365 day job. I help out around the house too but my wife is so good to me she never complains and is always smiling she would not change a thing and neither would I.

6sixstring6
06-06-2007, 04:15 PM
[I think stay at home Moms should be paid from the government (quote form I LiveonEarth)

Why should the government (taxpayer) pay your wife or anybody elses if they are not providing a service to the public?
We have enough people on the dole now.

dolphins#1
06-06-2007, 04:46 PM
it was a nice comment cause there is a lot of stay at home moms and why is that everytime there is a post there is always someone that has a rude comment, it was the thought that counts.

I wish i had a man that would comment me, but he grumbles ALL the time we have been together for 14 years and it is so hard to get a please, thank you or i love you out of him ( don't ask why i am still with don't know besides 3 kids still not sure yet) but i am certainly glad to hear there are still some considerate and loving men/partners out there:D

The_Dave
06-06-2007, 05:22 PM
I think stay at home Moms should be paid also as long as significant other is working, but why is the stay at home Mom's job 24x7, 365 a year??? If you are off at 5pm, what are you doing to help out????

Flaxie
06-07-2007, 06:19 AM
If stay at home moms/dads were paid to do so there would be many many more families opting to have a stay at home parent. Now a days many families just can't get by on one income. Some argue that this would be a great benefit for the children. That all depends on the parents really...
But it would be a huge drain on employment! Alot of jobs go unfilled as it is due to lack of qualified employees without taking half of each parent set out of the work force as well!

PS I'd love to be a stay at home parent under the right cercumstances. Thank goodness for the B&G club, family and friends... it really does take a community to raise a child! :D

ILiveOnEarth
06-07-2007, 08:25 AM
Some one always has to be an idiot and say stupid stuff.

My wife and I have been together for 20 years fyi to all of you.

And The_Dave I did not go into detail on what I do to help out I just don't have the time or want to type here for hours I assumed by me saying "I help out around the house too" was enough of a clue to tell I do help. But the truth is being a mom is a 24 hour 7 day a week 365 day job. I don't expect you to understand that The_Dave because by looking at you name your not a mom.

All the mom's out there know what I mane when I say its a 24 hour 7 day a week 365 day job. Because it is. I can leave work and go home and help all I want but my wife cant leave her work and go home cause shes already there hence she is always on call so to speak :) and all I have to say is thank god for my wife she is the best. If only every man was as lucky as I am this world would be a better place. You may be thinking I'm nuts but if you only knew. I have to be the luckiest man on earth to have the wife and kids and family I have. People that bash threads and say stuff well they are just jealous :)

6sixstring6
06-07-2007, 12:53 PM
I'm not jealous, just don't like other people coming up with wacky ideas for my tax dollars. I pay way too much now. Like I said if you are not contributing to society as a whole, then why should society pay you.

I f you want your wife to stay home and you can afford it and you show your appreciation for what she does then that should be suffice. Just don't involve me in it.

I raised my family, with no help from the government ( child tax credit, no gst rebate or whatever else they hand out) and I have a problem with people suggesting more ways to go into my pocket.

ILiveOnEarth
06-07-2007, 03:30 PM
I'm not jealous, just don't like other people coming up with wacky ideas for my tax dollars. I pay way too much now. Like I said if you are not contributing to society as a whole, then why should society pay you.

I f you want your wife to stay home and you can afford it and you show your appreciation for what she does then that should be suffice. Just don't involve me in it.

I raised my family, with no help from the government ( child tax credit, no gst rebate or whatever else they hand out) and I have a problem with people suggesting more ways to go into my pocket.

Raising your kids the correct way in your own home with loving parents is a contribution to society. I think it is the best contribution you can get. After all the kids will grow up to run this Country. So you can have wacked kids telling you what to do in 30 or 40 years or well brought up kids your choice.

Misty589
06-07-2007, 04:20 PM
How does every discussion on here turn out to be a whine about people using someone elses taxdollars!?
I think the comment was just one in which to show how much he appriciated his wife and that he thought she was doing a wonderful job raising children at home and that she deserves a paycheck for her hard work.(obviously no one expects for that to happen, and when you decide to be a stay at home parent you KNOW that there is no pay) I didn't see anywhere where he said he would persue for the gov't to actually do this, just one of those off hand comments "wouldn't it be nice if.........."
I'm glad you appreciate your wife so much it sounds like you guys are a great match and lucky to have each other !

tred816
06-07-2007, 04:59 PM
Raising your kids the correct way in your own home with loving parents is a contribution to society. I think it is the best contribution you can get. After all the kids will grow up to run this Country. So you can have wacked kids telling you what to do in 30 or 40 years or well brought up kids your choice.

I was hoping someone would come back with that.:biggrin:

I'm not lucky enough to be able to be a stay at home mom, but would if I could.
A lot of mom's are working moms who are working the 24/7 job of being moms AND work outside of the home. In mathmatics, that's an average of 4 eight hour jobs a day! Not all of us sit on our buts at home. We actually take an active interest in our kids welfare.

six & dave need a reality check.

Being a parent is like slave labour and we do it because we love our kids and want the best for them. Not so the government will pay us.

You do it and see what it's like! I know The Dave doesn't have a clue about raising kids and six is obviously an old fogey who's stuck in his ways.

And don't go getting all huffed up about that. I hear people who aren't parents go on and on about how "great" they will be etc... until they actually have to do it themselves.

It's great to be idealistic, but don't be judgemental! It's hard work and we do it graciously.

This thread had nothing to do with you guys and if you don't have anything positive to say, go on to another one that actually involves you.

space
06-07-2007, 05:49 PM
any stay at home dad's here?

The_Dave
06-07-2007, 05:59 PM
tred816 if anyone needs a reality check it would be you. I agreed in my post that stay at home Moms should be paid as long as the significant other is working. I agree Mother's jobs are 24x7, I was asking ILiveOnEarth why it appeared in his post that his job ended at 5pm. ( and he answered that ) Not once in this post did I say Moms sit on their butts. As for helping to raise children, I have done that, not perfectly but with love and compassion not mental anguish and abuse. You think you know me but you really don't. If you want to make this personnal feel free to do so. I have done nothing to you but.........bring it on sister.

PS Victor says Hi.

chevygirl
06-07-2007, 07:21 PM
Actually Tred I believe this post DOES have to do with THE_DAVE. I hear it all the time from my co-workers/friends. That he talks about me all the time.How great I am. How happy he is to be part of mine and my sons life. You should take the time and read the posts before putting your foot in your mouth with your thoughts on what you think he must have meant.
And I don't mean to speak for The_Dave but what I got out of what he said was pretty much he appreciates stay at home moms and if they can't be paid for what they do, then they should at least be appreciated by there husbands, by helping out when they are only working 9-5. Moms jobs go on all day and night . When some men come home they think well, I bring home the money and I worked hard all day, it is time for him to relax. And stay at home moms just keep working.

I work and so does he. But when I come home I don't have to do anything The_Dave does it all. And when I do do something he really appriciates it. He also plays a huge part in my sons life. Which is more then I can say for a lot of non fathers that have children in there lives. The_Dave is growing to be my sons best friend and he loves my son as if he were his own. I am a lucky woman.

And anyone who thinks that raising children is slave labour and not a labour of love needs there head examined.

andrea
06-07-2007, 10:17 PM
i am not gonna say how entertaining this is.....seeing how i know u all....kiss n make up!!!
or just kiss me ...
either way im good...
woot wooot to stay at home momma's
double woot woot who raise kids AND work
tripple woot woot to the ones that work,raise kids and men!!,,ahahha

The_Dave
06-07-2007, 11:37 PM
andrea, we calls em as we see em. Smooch.

tred816
06-07-2007, 11:37 PM
I think stay at home Moms should be paid also as long as significant other is working, but why is the stay at home Mom's job 24x7, 365 a year??? If you are off at 5pm, what are you doing to help out????

Any parents out there that think Mom's job stops when dads get home? lmao

yeah, I didn't think so.

And no, I wasn't making it personal.

Everyone here who's ever read any of The Dave's posts knows his views on this. Not just this post, but his history of posts in general. Sorry if I took past history into account.

There's no need to "kiss and make up".

I'm happy for you chevygirl. Good for you. Not everyone is as lucky. btw...there's no need to be so defensive.

This thread was to help those women out there who "don't" always hear the good side of things. Not to start a new rant about our taxes.

tred816
06-07-2007, 11:59 PM
I do apologize The Dave. I categorized your comment with six's and should have been more clear about that.

I also didn't mean you didn't know "how" to raise a child. It's just that a lot of people who have never raised a child full time tend to be very judgemental of others who do. They tend to think it's "easy".

You hear it all the time and it gets frustrating to us "full-time" parents.

The_Dave
06-08-2007, 07:22 AM
Thank You and I will leave it at that.

dstream
06-09-2007, 09:37 PM
Wow that is nice to hear that some men are realy gratefull to there spouses,Now if i could get a man like that i would be such a happy laddy. I dont mean to be a downer on men ,maybe mine will change when we get married but i take care of him as if he is a child . I feed him , I clean for him , I work 40 hours a week , he works too but I mean it feels like im taking care of a house full of kids with him ,but im not. its just him. Now honestly if there are any guys reading this ..please give me your comment i would like to know am I being to generous to him , or should he be doing stuff for me as well ..Oh and i never get thank yous ever..its just do this
is this a test to see what type of a wife im going to be ..i need to know there must be some guys out there that can tell me

The_Dave
06-11-2007, 12:09 PM
And you plan on marrying this person?????? Why????

Flaxie
06-12-2007, 06:56 AM
Dstream
Once you allow someone to treat you like that there is no going back. You both need to move on and find partners your more compatable with. If you're not happy being a doormat then stop!
In my 1st serious relationship I lived with someone for 7yrs. We brought the worst out in each other! Once I realized the only way to "change" him was to leave him I bolted; and 9 yrs later we both have happy relationships filled with love and respect. (It didn't take 9yrs to find my soulmate it just happens to be 9yrs since I left my ex lol)

Your mantra should be "I deserve what I want in a partner"
not "marriage will change him"

ILiveOnEarth
06-12-2007, 10:22 AM
Dstream
Well I'm a guy and you should not be treated like that. Why cant he help out around the house. If I were you I would leave him in a second. And if he reads this he should be ashamed of himself. People like him give guys a bad name.

We are not all like that. Keep looking you will find someone better when you do you will know. Some people say love at first sight does not happen well they are wrong it does.

Just think is that how you want to spend the rest of your life. By the sounds of it he will not change it will only get worse.

mizunderstood
06-17-2007, 08:13 PM
I just got back after a month away from my kids, (left them with their father the whole time) to start a new career, and I am amazed. I got a thank you from him. He finally realized how hard it is to raise kids full time.. lol.. And I reminded him that I raised both kids and worked while he left it all to me. He told me that he appreciated all that I have done and still do... All I can say is WOW. And he is now going to be a full time stay at home dad.. lol..

mommyd
06-29-2007, 01:04 PM
[I think stay at home Moms should be paid from the government (quote form I LiveonEarth)

Why should the government (taxpayer) pay your wife or anybody elses if they are not providing a service to the public?
We have enough people on the dole now.

so true!
the gov't does pay ppl to stay home and watch the kid's
it's called welfare
(this isn't a dig on just anyone on it, just the ones that do abuse it and have kids just to get it/more of it and all that jazz).
If there was money specifically alloted for stay at home parents, then it would be just another way for ppl to abuse it and overpopulate the earth with unwanted children. And if you can't afford to have a child, or have to go on welfare if you were to have one, then don't have one. I understand accidents happen, but then again, do what you need to do in order for that not to happen. There will always be unplanned pregnancies but the more we try to keep it from happening (unless you are in a good position to bring one into the world) then there would be less unwanted children living in conditions they shouldn't be living in.

mommyd
06-29-2007, 01:14 PM

the fact is, while there are tons of GOOD parents that would take advantage of being paid to be a good stay at home mom, you would have even more ppl having kids JUST to be able to stay home, and therefore have even MORE children who AREN'T productive to society because the parents wouldn't be treating them the way they should ANyone who has kids just to get money , imo, is not a good parent. It's just how it is, we already have ppl doing this with welfare. 6sixString6 is right.
I'm a stay at home mom, and i would never expect to have even more money given to me by the gov't just for being a stay at home mom , the child tax credit and i even reveiced a child disability tax credit because of some problems my son had (and i was really surprised that they even offered something like this) but i was mainly a stay at home mom because of his disability, it just would have cost even more to get a nurse and all that stuff for the house. (for the gov't) and i wanted to care for him myself, not have someone else do it.

"So you can have wacked kids telling you what to do in 30 or 40 years or well brought up kids your choice"
just because you are a stay at home mom, doesn't mean you're doing a good job. And like i said, you offer something like the gov't paying for stay at home mom's, you're going to get way more wacked kids than good ones out of the deal.
anyways, that's all

beckettjag
06-29-2007, 01:14 PM
There's a funny site that pertains to just these situations it's called truemomconfessions and there is one truedadconfessions and you can show your appreciation or lack of on these sites they are kinda eye opening and entertaining

ASortaSweetart
06-29-2007, 02:47 PM
Canada is not over populated. Having children is contributing to society. They are future leaders, doctors, tax payers, etc.

Stay at home moms are heroes!

I guess some people just expect the worst from everyone.

mommyd
06-29-2007, 03:49 PM
Canada is not over populated. Having children is contributing to society. They are future leaders, doctors, tax payers, etc.

Stay at home moms are heroes!

I guess some people just expect the worst from everyone.

excuse me? did you even read my post? i didn't say canada was over populated, and raising children the best you can is a contribution to society, yes! BUT if you are having kids JUST to get money and not work, these ppl OBVIOUSLY would not be raising those children the right way, therefor over populating WITH children who can not provide anything to society. When children aren't taken care of properly they develop problems, because they are not learning from their home life anything good, and when you don't have proper role models in your life you don't really become much good to society. And they most likely will not grow up to become leaders or doctors.
And i am a stay at home mom. The good stay at home mom's are heroes, i am talking about the mom's who stay home and collect welfar (or who would collect anything offered to them JUST for being a stay at home mom) and NOT be a good mom, spending that money on themselves, and not treat their children like they should. That's all i'm saying. Geeze

cuddles2007
06-30-2007, 12:24 AM
When i am not working everything is 50/50 with the baby in our house. But when i am working it is nice to know that my child is looked after and my house is to. I have the best wife in the world she takes care of me good and my son also. She is a good wife and a good mom. just wanted to say that.

ASortaSweetart
06-30-2007, 05:42 PM
excuse me? did you even read my post? i didn't say canada was over populated, and raising children the best you can is a contribution to society, yes! BUT if you are having kids JUST to get money and not work, these ppl OBVIOUSLY would not be raising those children the right way, therefor over populating WITH children who can not provide anything to society. When children aren't taken care of properly they develop problems, because they are not learning from their home life anything good, and when you don't have proper role models in your life you don't really become much good to society. And they most likely will not grow up to become leaders or doctors.
And i am a stay at home mom. The good stay at home mom's are heroes, i am talking about the mom's who stay home and collect welfar (or who would collect anything offered to them JUST for being a stay at home mom) and NOT be a good mom, spending that money on themselves, and not treat their children like they should. That's all i'm saying. Geeze
You are excused. Except I was not singling you out or attacking you personally. So what one of those 5 sentences pissed you off the most lol

If I was addressing you only I would have quoted your message.

Chill out.

mommyd
06-30-2007, 07:49 PM
You are excused. Except I was not singling you out or attacking you personally. So what one of those 5 sentences pissed you off the most lol

If I was addressing you only I would have quoted your message.

Chill out.

how about the one where it looked like you mis-read what i wrote about overpopulation.