PDA

View Full Version : Acer or HP

winmore
06-03-2007, 10:00 AM
Opinions please on which is best computer to buy, Acer or HP.
Thanks.

kaj27
06-03-2007, 05:24 PM
HP is terrible. I've been using Acer for years now.

space
06-03-2007, 06:11 PM
I don't think there is a best computer.. their all the same.. I think it depends on the brand name. my wife has an HP for about 2 years no problem yet. but I prefer acer over HP.

ScoobyTacular
06-03-2007, 11:33 PM
I'm using an ACER, never had a problem with it, I recommend highly.

petty22
06-04-2007, 12:09 AM
I'm prefer a custom system over both of those brands unless you are looking at getting a laptop. In which case I would go with Acer.

s4q19
06-04-2007, 08:50 AM
I have a compaq laptop (HP) and a HP deskop now, I've had the laptop for 2 years and the desktop for about 4 months.. no problems with either. I used to sell Acer's, these are My observations: The desktops were great, never seen many of them come back. Of the entry level laptops (which was the bulk of what we sold), I saw alot of them come back with issues... now, we did sell ALOT of them, so that's obviously a factor, but we seemed to have a higher percentage in relation to the amount sold come back.. On the other hand, their mid-range to higher end stuff seemed to work really well. Just be carefull if you are going the laptop route, because the lower-end models used to come with 4cell lithium battery, I have no clue if they still do, but the lack of cells in the battery would significantly cut down on battery life.

This is my second compaq laptop (I'm pretty sure the first one was before HP acquired compaq), and they seem to work well. I've never had a problem with them. The only thing I've ever heard about compaq support was a friend of mine had one and his CPU fan failed about the day after his warrenty expired, and they wouldn't do anything for him. He was pretty angry about it... can't say I blame him.

So after that long winded reply, I'd say if you're going with a desktop, acer seems to be good and you should save yourself a few bucks. If you're going with a laptop, I would personally recomend acer as long as you're not going with their entry level stuff...

Good luck!

rrk4
07-08-2007, 01:37 AM
I bought Acer this Feb 2007? Its good. I love it.

puppyluv
07-08-2007, 06:28 AM
the fellow at furutre shop told me that they were having issues with acer covering thier warranty lately..I ended up buying hp and i love it...*except the vista part*

brandenp
07-08-2007, 11:26 AM
Neither, Get a Sony Vaio notebook :)

kaj27
07-08-2007, 04:38 PM
Neither, Get a Sony Vaio notebook :)

Overpriced for no Reason. Sony lost my respect when they started making poor quality Digital Cameras.

I've had no issues with using my Warranty on my Acer products. Futureshop having a Warranty issue.....that is no news; thats for sure.