PDA

View Full Version : Purolator's "attempted deliveries.

BEagles
06-01-2007, 11:58 AM
I'm just kind of curious to see if this has happened to anyone else. I had a package arrive today, but instead of me actually receiving it the Purolator person just left a delivery notice on my door instead of just walking up the 30 stairs to my apartment. I know someone was home because my sister was there with her baby. It wouldn't really bother me if this was an isolated incident, but this has happened to me every single time they've ever delivered to my apartment. I just don't see the big deal in walking up the steps and doing his/her job. Now I've got to wait until Monday, take time off of work and get a ride over to the westside so that I can pick the package up myself.

What's the point in a delivery service if they never bother to actually deliver the package?

Proud Auntie
06-01-2007, 12:21 PM
This has happened to me as well. One time, I was standing at my kitchen window doing dishes and I seen the truck pull up and by the time I got to the front door he was already heading back to the truck, and sure enough there was a sticker thing on the door. He didn't ring the bell or knock or anything, I was right there. Ridiculous to say the least.

kaj27
06-01-2007, 12:22 PM
They did the same thing to me. Except I live in a house with ZERO stairs. They still gave me the notice.

Sameday right-o-way on the other hand. The driver for my area is the greatest!!!

homey
06-01-2007, 12:32 PM
Sameday, in my area as well, are the greatest!

BEagles
06-01-2007, 01:07 PM
I'm kind of glad to see that I'm not alone, but also annoyed that it is happening to others. If they're just going to deliver notifications instead of actual packages leave my stuff at the dropbox location so I can pick it up the same day as I receive the notification. I'm so sick of their bull.

NoseToTheGrind
06-01-2007, 01:12 PM
Notifications are alot lighter, you know some delivery people, want to get paid the bucks, but not do the work...its happened to me before as well...just laziness.

Misty589
06-01-2007, 03:21 PM
i've never had this happen but i think you should report it each and every time it does, if there are several people reporting it every week then it might change

trinity
06-01-2007, 04:38 PM
I've seen Canada post do the same thing, I was waiting for a package one week, sitting on the couch which is 4 ft from the door. I saw the mail truck parking across the street, they dropped mail including a notice about my parcel, and I chased him down-then he said he "tried friday" but no one was home so he left the notice monday but my parcel was at Shoppers.

Proud Auntie
06-01-2007, 04:43 PM
Actually, yes I've had a similar problem with Canada Post doing that as well.

Cherry Pop
06-01-2007, 05:12 PM
I have had Canada Post do this same thing to me!

MrsBeasley
06-01-2007, 07:11 PM
I guess I'm lucky, I know the Purolator, Sameday and Canada Post People who deliver in my area all by name. They come both to my work and my house. They even know my dogs by name. I've never had a single problem. Only time I get a notice is when no one's at home.