PDA

View Full Version : ??? I think my cay may have had a stroke ???

domarloc
05-30-2007, 04:54 PM
My cat was acting very strange the other day and was howling and laying around looking very strange, she heaved a couple times like she was going to be sick but never was......all of a sudden her left eye was all weird and she fell over onto her right side in the middle of walking accross the floor. I left her alone for a couple minutes to see if she would come around and she got up and went and layed down fro a sleep. When she woke up it was like nothing had ever happened. Is it possible she had a stroke and recovered that quickly?? I should also mention she has colitis and the reason I did not rush her to the vet is because she goes absolutley crazy at the vet and the vet cannot do anything with her. He told me there is little they can do for an animal that goes crazy like she does and only to put her though that stress if totally neccessary. So before anyone goes nutso on me for not taking her to the vet immediatley...I would have if she had not come around so quickly.:) Any advice or thoughts?

sweldo84
05-30-2007, 05:31 PM
It sounds like whatever happened to your cat was not normal....I think that even if you don't take your cat directly to the vet, you should call them and explain what happened, they can tell you if it's best for you to bring her in or not...just don't ignore, if you're anything like me, you would feel horrible and guilty if anything ever happened to her. Good Luck

Atchbe
05-30-2007, 05:34 PM
It could be that your cat took a seizure.

Here is an article for you to read:
http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cls=1&cat=1321&articleid=224

The only way to know for sure is to make a Vet appoitment. Perhaps ask for a quiet time to come in for an appointment. Ask your Vet if it's safe to give Rescue Remedy which is great for calming an animal during stressful times. You can get this in the natural foods section at the Superstore.
http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cls=0&cat=1448&articleid=1360

Of course always discuss holistic treatments with your Vet.

ceg
05-30-2007, 05:59 PM
Sounds like a seizure. You should definitely call the vet and describe it. If you know that your cat panics at the vet you may want to ask if there is a sedative you can give her before you bring her in if they want you to.

domarloc
05-31-2007, 04:45 PM
A seizure never even crossed my mind but know that I read the article that Atchebe attached to her post and it makes sense. I think I will call the vet though. Thanks for the input everyone.

Vix
05-31-2007, 04:59 PM
Good luck with your kitty, let us know how you make out.

Vix

Atchbe
05-31-2007, 05:01 PM
Keep us updated :)