PDA

View Full Version : Child hit by car on Sunday May 27th

saucepot
05-29-2007, 08:13 PM
Hello I have not posted in several months but thought this needed to be said.My son, Matthew, was struck by a car on Sunday at the corner of Metcalf street and Albert street in the city's north end.
I just wanted to thank the woman who stayed with him and kept him as alert as she could until police and paramedics arrived, you kindness will be always remembered and appreciated by myself,my family and Matthew! We live in a society that see's nothing and hears nothing. You gave of yourself without a moments hesitation. I do not know your name but the powers that be do! There is definately a cloud with your name on it!
I am not even sure if this woman will even see this post but I had to make sure she knew how I felt. Matthew is recovering at home now and doing better each day and I think I have her to thank for a part of that.Also I would like to thank all of those who helped out at the scene with a kind word, their medical knowledge,the quick thought to call the police and paramedics...and knowing enough not to move him, you may have saved his life.

tred816
05-29-2007, 08:27 PM
Wow. I'm so relieved to hear he's ok. I'm not the lady that you were looking for, but your thread touched me.

Tell your son, he has an angel watching over him.
My prayers go to him and your family and I hope he makes a full recovery.

MrsBeasley
05-29-2007, 08:30 PM
Very touching post saucepot! It's nice to know there are people out there who will help a fellow human being in such a way. I hope Matthew fully recovers from his accident and continues on to live life to the fullest.

All my best to your family.

harbourchick07
05-30-2007, 08:28 PM
Saucepot you can really say that Matthews gaurdean angel was watching him that day. I hope he gets better, lots of love and hugs should help a lot. so give him a big hug from everyone that post something on this thread to let him know that we all care.

Flaxie
05-30-2007, 08:37 PM
Wow you and your young boy has been truly given blessing!!
I am sure there will be many prayers said for his fast recovery!

pepsimama
06-10-2007, 09:26 AM
That's wonderful that somebody stepped up and did what was needed.

I used to live at the corner of Albert and Metcalf and often became involved where others wouldn't. I called police on drug dealers. I let them sit in my home and observe them in action so they could make arrests. I got in the face of destructive kids but I also bandaged up kids who fell and got hurt or who were pushed through a glass door. I was there and called the police and ambulance when a man was beat up on the street corner, his blood running down the street. Aggressive boyfriends got my husband and his buddies looking at them sideways til they calmed down. It takes people to no longer accept the previously acceptable and to do something about it. You live in a community, then it's your responsibility to do your part too.

Off my soap box now. :)

I'm glad to hear that your son is recovering and that this event wasn't worse than it could have been.