PDA

View Full Version : Passenger Train Rides

KaylaGregAlex
05-27-2007, 10:58 PM
I noticed their is a 2 car passenger train that travels on the tracks by douglas avenue and harbour station etc. I am just wondering if anyone has any information on this, I have heard rumors its a public thing and u pay like 10 bucks to ride the train but I don't know where you get on etc.... I seen it again today and their were definately ppl on it.... I would love to take my son on it so any info would be great, time of rides costs etc...... thx

BettyH
05-28-2007, 05:14 AM
It is the Rally of Hope train. Apparently it was only on this past weekend to raise money for the ralley of hope.

I went on it a couple of years ago in the Fall when the leaves were all changing and it was alot of fun. It goes up as far as Welsford and then comes back.

I think it should run through the summer as a tourist thing, a lot of people would certainly use it, people off the Cruise ships, etc., with the right kind of marketing they could raise a lot of money.

jdcb
05-28-2007, 06:33 AM
Betty is right, about it all...

I think it should be a summer thing. I would love to go on it, but my wife is 9 months pregnant, so I can't...

dittydottie
05-28-2007, 06:45 AM
It is to help raise funds for rally of hope and if you go to the rally of hope site you can see a full schedule. I know for a fact that it goes again next Saturday(twice) and also next Sunday(twice)Adults $11.00 $8.00 for kids.(i think)About a 2-2.5 hour trip to welsford and back again.
I have heard that it is a good time for all.
I totally agree that it should be a summer event on the weekends. Might be hard during the week if tracks were being used for something else.
Anyone on here have connections?Put the bug in their ears!

magoosmomma
05-28-2007, 08:01 AM
It is also the 9th and 10th of june.. I already booked tickets for the morning run on the 9th..leaves 10am arrives back at 1230

Flaxie
05-28-2007, 08:09 AM
Last fall my mother and her friend each took one of their grandsons on the train. (my son was the lucky one from our fam. he was 6 at the time) They all had a great time. The conductor spoke with them and showed them around the outside of the train. The boys still talk about their train ride! I really recommend it!:biggrin:

KaylaGregAlex
05-28-2007, 09:50 AM
where do u book or buy tickets for the rides coming up???? I absolutely have to buy them my son is obsessed with trains and would be estatic.....

girdy
05-28-2007, 10:18 AM
where do u book or buy tickets for the rides coming up???? I absolutely have to buy them my son is obsessed with trains and would be estatic.....

632-5823.

Better hurry, the only trains available are June 9'th.

Misty589
05-28-2007, 04:53 PM
Betty is right, about it all...

I think it should be a summer thing. I would love to go on it, but my wife is 9 months pregnant, so I can't...

Why can't you go on a train if she's pregnant?

jdcb
05-28-2007, 06:26 PM
Why can't you go on a train if she's pregnant?

cuz she's 4 days overdue...

T-Diddy
05-28-2007, 09:42 PM
Ya.......but just think of the story your little one could tell when he/she got older, not too many people giving birth on trains nowadays...lol.

ps...congradulations and heres to many sleepless nights in the near future.