PDA

View Full Version : I need advice?

christmas1month
05-20-2007, 08:27 AM
On Friday evening my 12 year old daughter was at the Irving store along with a couple of other friends on city road when it got robbed. As I would have been, she was scared to death and ran the whole way home. My problem is I think she should have some councelling and I don;t no where to turn. It being the long weekend and all I can;t seem to get any answers anywhere! She can't sleep and can;t stop thinking about the incident. I tried to get the police to come so they could talk to her to maybe reassure her that everything will be fine, but they were busy with the incident so no one came. She knows that he hasn;t been caught yet and in afraid that he will come find her!! Please someone tell me where to turn?

oasis
05-20-2007, 08:35 AM
Around here there is no help on the weekends. Sorry. Contact the community heath center in the Mercantile center when they open on Tuesday. They should be able to help you..

girdy
05-20-2007, 08:38 AM
This resource might help:

http://new-brunswick.net/Saint_John/teenhelp.html

If nobody is available, I'd suggest doing something to distract her. Go to Moncton and stay overnight, visit the zoo or whatever else might be open. Not the nicest weekend, but it might help get her mind off things.

Good luck

leaha2879
05-20-2007, 09:56 AM
heythere are emergency numbers in the book for after hours, if not call the kids help line and they will help you out :)

Misty589
05-20-2007, 10:01 AM
maybe she can talk to someone on kids help phone or the like for now to reassure her until you can get a hold of public health on tuesday

*bug hugs for your girl too that would be so scary for an adult I can't imagine as a 12 year old!

Misty589
05-20-2007, 10:02 AM
I wanted to add, too, try her peadiatrician or fam doctor if you have one, it may be faster than the public health route.

MistyMoon
05-20-2007, 05:03 PM
Kids help phone 1-800-668-6868 just to tie you over until Tuesday I'd call family services its much quicker. I would even try the regional hospital right now…she is obviously traumatized

pepsimama
05-20-2007, 05:27 PM
Oh poor thing! I would have been traumatized too! I'm so sorry that your daughter is going through this. I hope you are able to get some help for her soon and quickly.

Ck-sM
05-21-2007, 10:31 AM
On Friday evening my 12 year old daughter was at the Irving store along with a couple of other friends on city road when it got robbed. As I would have been, she was scared to death and ran the whole way home. My problem is I think she should have some councelling and I don;t no where to turn. It being the long weekend and all I can;t seem to get any answers anywhere! She can't sleep and can;t stop thinking about the incident. I tried to get the police to come so they could talk to her to maybe reassure her that everything will be fine, but they were busy with the incident so no one came. She knows that he hasn;t been caught yet and in afraid that he will come find her!! Please someone tell me where to turn?

how in the world would he find her did she tell him her name phone number and adress ?

i do realize its tramatic but dont get paranoid with no reason to be it wolnt do u or your daughter any good

shes depending on u right now for stability

kimbey76
05-21-2007, 01:39 PM
i think she means her daughter is afraid of the guy finding her, not that she is afraid of the guy finding her daughter, with post traumatic stress she doesnt have to feel logically, she is scared and probably needs someone to talk to and lots of time

tred816
05-21-2007, 03:28 PM
Mental Health has a mobile service for emergency situations. I don't know if they'd classify this as an emergency though. I suppose that would depend on their opinion.

christmas1month
05-21-2007, 03:47 PM
i think she means her daughter is afraid of the guy finding her, not that she is afraid of the guy finding her daughter, with post traumatic stress she doesnt have to feel logically, she is scared and probably needs someone to talk to and lots of time

thank you for clearing that up...yes I was talking to about my daughter being worried and thanks for everyone who reponded kids help line gave us some advice until tuesday.