PDA

View Full Version : Invaded By Rabbits....Help!!

zeversab
05-18-2007, 06:26 AM
I have a big problem with rabbits. They have invaded my yard...they love to eat my shrubs and plants. I have a big back yard all landscaped with raised mulch gardens...they will get in the gardens and dig and throw soil and mulch all over my grass. I was wondering if anyone has had this problem and if there is a solution.....I sure would like to know. Any feedback would be appreciated...I have tried the moth balls...but it does not seem to deter them. :confused:

TrueLine
05-18-2007, 09:03 PM
Remove the scrubs and replace them with shrubs.

zeversab
05-18-2007, 10:56 PM
Remove the scrubs and replace them with shrubs.

Too funny....thanks for the suggestion..lol:D

ksbeckaa
05-19-2007, 08:47 PM
They ravaged my tulips, it was a massacre....

ksbeckaa
05-19-2007, 08:48 PM
here is something more helpful, try sprinkling cayenne pepper..I didnt do it and my flowers paid the ultimate price, but my mom swears that it works. I will mayby see you at the bulk barn tommorow buying pepper to save those poor remaining flowers :)

zeversab
05-20-2007, 06:27 AM
Thanks for the tip...I will definitely try the cayenne pepper. I am sure hoping it works..because those critters have holes dug all over my mulch gardens and mulch spread everywhere.

CM
05-20-2007, 08:13 PM
I got this off the internet, very similar to some of the above suggestions.
Gardeners have also reported success sprinkling vinegar, hot pepper flakes and liquid chile sprays on and around plants. One method is to soak corn cobs in vinegar for five minutes and then place them throughout the garden. The corn cobs should be resoaked in vinegar after two weeks. I have tried just sprinkling vinegar around the bean plants but without much success.
One thing that Bugs and his friends don't like is bacon grease. To keep rabbits away from your garden, sprinkle some bacon grease around the outside of it. One sniff, and they should head off in another direction.

Lemme_LQQK
05-21-2007, 12:03 AM
Try putting a few bars of soap around , I know it works by hanging them in apple trees to keep the deer away ,and from eating the apples.

The_Dave
06-06-2007, 03:24 PM
OHHHHHH poor bunnies, let them eat.

domarloc
06-06-2007, 09:15 PM
Cayenne pepper all the way!!! It works on almost all unwanted pests.......has not worked on my husband yet but I'll keep trying!!!:rofl:

dvjw
12-18-2007, 05:23 PM
a 22 rifle and a 12 year old may fix it !! lol or just get a dog!! lol both work for me .