PDA

View Full Version : Good news for Lily Lake

AreWeThereYetMom
05-16-2007, 09:27 PM
Was glad to read in yesterdays newspaper that the lifeguards will be returning to Lily Lake this summer.
Our family are long time supporters of the park for year round recreation - nice to hear of another positive event for the park :)

http://www.lilylakepavilion.com/images/X12969.jpg

Dan_Man
05-16-2007, 09:30 PM
That's awesome news :)

Mandy
05-17-2007, 09:00 AM
That is great news.

kaj27
05-17-2007, 10:16 AM
Too bad the water is barely swimable.

space
05-17-2007, 11:19 AM
the city must be up to somethinhg.. pipeline work is probably near.

roxxxy6969
05-17-2007, 06:04 PM
too bad no one can swim in it!! I remember the good ol days where Rockwood Park and Fisher LAkes was thee beach u took your family to for a fun day to swim and see all your friends! Now the Seaguls and Ducks have taken over..and if we swim in that water...we will get Swimmers itch! They need to do something about the water first before id even put my toe in it.
Nice to see Lifeguards will be there, but the funny thing is who will be in the water ? Not I...lol

ASortaSweetart
05-17-2007, 06:36 PM
I do not think I would go in the water either....atleast I wouldn't be the first! Perhaps if someone swims with no itchy rash at the end of the day and reports back I would feel better about it.:biggrin:

I am glad the life guards are coming back, perhaps this is some type of indication that the water is safe to swim in? Or are they just trying to keep us quiet so they can build that pipe line?

AreWeThereYetMom
05-17-2007, 08:28 PM
:confused: Wow, I posted good news and I guess to each their own decisions to swim or not to swim there.

Every beach has a risk of some type but that beach always had swimmers including families, boy scouts groups, seniors, etc. every single time we visited.
Nobody I know ever had any skin problems from the lake especially if you wear sunscreen and dry off properly.

Also the Rockwood by the Bay Triathlon/Duathlon is being held there again this year so it's obvious many locals still have faith in our fresh water systems.

Flaxie
05-17-2007, 08:40 PM
I love taking my kids there for a swim and playing at the playground.
I've held my daughter's birthday parties there as well.

I think swimmers itch is a concern come August. The water should be fine to swim in until then.