PDA

View Full Version : litter boxes

care1978
05-16-2007, 11:17 AM
just wodnering if anybody has any info on how i can limit the odor in my cat's litter box... it doesnt seem to matter how many times i scrub it and clean it, it still reaks!, it there anything that will minimize the smell that i can either put in the litter or put on her litter house?
any help with this would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!

LiLLY
05-16-2007, 11:18 AM
put baking soda in her litter

shelley
05-16-2007, 11:24 AM
It depends on the kind of litter you are using as well.
Dont use the one that says Yesterdays News it stinks bad the first pee.

Get one especially for odor control

care1978
05-16-2007, 11:27 AM
thanks Lilly and Shelley ill try those suggestions :)

cinder
05-16-2007, 02:21 PM
It will also depend on if you have a male or female cat. A male cat tends to spray and it is a stronger urine smell...if you have a male cat then you should have him fixed and that will cut down the smell a lot. I found using a multi cat or odor control litter works best. Most important is to buy a clumping cat litter and try to scoop it daily. I also buy cat litter dedorizer which is fresh smelling and has baking soda in it and each time that I scoop the litter I put some of that in as well. Good Luck!!

mypooh
05-17-2007, 07:39 PM
yeah I had the same problem when I got my cat a few yrs ago...I've since switched to the litter box with the cover that the cat has to walk into, it has a filter on the top and I use the multi cat scoopable litter and scoop it about every 2-3 days and it's good to go...and I have it it my bedroom, the only way I was able to get a cat was to haev everything in my room, so when it starts to smell I take care of it ASAP...Aslo I found the litter deoderizer works for smell, but depending on your cat, it may deter your cat from using the litter box, I know it did mine, same with the baking soda. Wish you the best of luck

lmor
05-22-2007, 10:44 AM
I buy this litter from walmart and I believe it is called arm in hammer something like that. It is awesome, You cant smell anything at all, I scoopit everyday or every second day and empty once or twice a week.. It costs around $6 or more but it is worth it..

drakelogan
05-22-2007, 01:28 PM
Hi, I have a covered box with a front flap for him to climb into..I find it's good for 3 days before I have to change it...and there is a filter on top to change as well that helps reduce the scent