PDA

View Full Version : unwanted mice...

jillrogers_7
05-15-2007, 07:11 PM
Does anyone know how to get rid of mice for good? My friend and I moved into an apartment a couple of months ago, and we are having a problem with mice. The first time we called the land lord, he came in himself to fill some of the holes in the walls that he thought they were coming in from. That didnt help. So I called several times after that, he finally got some guy from Pest Control to come in, he put some poison boxes down in most of the rooms of the apartment. He said that would take between 7 - 10 days for the mice to eat the poison and then the poison to work through their systems and blah blah blah. But it has been almost 4 weeks since he put the poison down, and the mice are still bothering us. If anyone knows how to get rid of mice for good, without them coming back, please help! Thanks!

care1978
05-15-2007, 07:50 PM
i got a cat. it worked for me

sunnyj
05-15-2007, 08:21 PM
I got a cat too! LOL!! Worked like a charm... mine is an awesome mouser if you want to borrow her for a day or two, let me know!:rofl:

icedragon
05-16-2007, 03:11 PM
i got a cat. it worked for me

my 2 cats help the mouse get into the garbage bag.

Sabie
05-16-2007, 03:15 PM
Get a pet Rat and the mice will find another home. Good Luck!!

jillrogers_7
05-17-2007, 11:53 AM
Yeah, we are thinking about getting a cat from the Animal Rescue League, I think that would be our only hope! Thanks guys!

Mandy
05-22-2007, 12:25 PM
I went and got two cats! hahah

No more mice for us....the occasional spider, but no mice!

Fill your cracks and around baseboard heaters, anything that they can squeeze into with steel wool, that helps too.

Rickster
05-24-2007, 11:09 PM
Ok,here's how you do it. Get a baking loaf pan and place it about a foot or so from the wall so as to see them running out to the bait,which is a piece of bread with some peanut butter spread on it to attract them(they love that) and place a half pencil with a thread tied to it (about 6-8ft. long) under one side as to hold it up for 'your' mouse. When you see him/her coming out to the trap ,be VERY still !! Soon as your sure you see him enjoying the treat....PULL THE Thread !!,LOL ! Rick. Either that or do what I use to with my boys; buy some pellet rifles and make a sport of it , :rofl: ,:rofl: . - Rick. :rofl:

trinity
05-25-2007, 07:59 AM
Either that or do what I use to with my boys; buy some pellet rifles and make a sport of it , :rofl: ,:rofl: . - Rick. :rofl:

Somewhere, a society for the prevention of cruelty towards rodents is probably plotting to get you, they're probably located in California and say things like mice are people too!
However, make sure the cat is a good mouser, my lump is useless. I finally resorted to removing every single remotely edible item from under my cupboards and off my floor- I even put my composter up on a stool. i bagged cookware, vacuumed under all my cupboards, put glue traps in 4 places including inside my dishwasher, and they have not been back.

Tammy C
05-25-2007, 09:01 AM
I have been dealing with these nasty rodents off and on for months, the only thing that has worked for us is antifreeze. I know it sounds cruel, but having mouse poo throughout my cupboards was cruel to me. All it takes is for them to drink 3 or 4 sips and they will go and die. Put little dishes of this whereever the mice are roaming and they will drink it and go die.

space
05-25-2007, 02:56 PM
years ago living in an old building we bought mouse glue that they sell at canadian.. that works pretty good..lol we had a cat one time that catches the mouse plays with the mouse for awhile then eats it..ewww.

anthony
05-25-2007, 04:01 PM
We have never had a problem with mice for a few reasons.

- Garbage is taken out weekly, no garbage lying around.
- The apartments are kept fairly clean
- There is "always" poison around the building including attic (they like attics)
- There should ALWAYS be poison in certain places, even when you do not suspect mice.
- The outside of the building is quite tight with few places to get in.

good luck !

Rickster
05-28-2007, 01:24 AM
I have been dealing with these nasty rodents off and on for months, the only thing that has worked for us is antifreeze. I know it sounds cruel, but having mouse poo throughout my cupboards was cruel to me. All it takes is for them to drink 3 or 4 sips and they will go and die. Put little dishes of this whereever the mice are roaming and they will drink it and go die.
Very,Very,very,...dangerous if you have ANY animals in the house and small children(as they can find anything). I lost a Dog to this stuff and I'll tell ya,,,it's not a 'pretty' sight !!!! :( - Rick. PLEASE , Be Aware.

MrsBeasley
05-28-2007, 05:23 AM

Very,Very,very,...dangerous if you have ANY animals in the house and small children(as they can find anything). I lost a Dog to this stuff and I'll tell ya,,,it's not a 'pretty' sight !!!! :( - Rick. PLEASE , Be Aware.

OMG!!!! Miss reading a few days and get a big Shocker!!!

Rick is absolutely right!!! This is a terrible option for anyone with other pets or children. Antifreeze has a sweet taste that attracts and is VERY TOXIC.

It only takes a small amount to cause acute kidney failure and death within a day or so.

There is No way to reverse the damage done either.

In general............. it's just a bad option all together!!!!

jillrogers_7
05-28-2007, 06:09 PM
Thanks everyone very much! All very good ideas! The antifreeze would be fine if it was just me and my roommate living there, but we are getting a new kitty on Thursday :)