PDA

View Full Version : Scalping...

rubycshells
12-23-2006, 05:40 PM
VERB:
scalped , scalp·ing , scalps
VERB:
tr.

To resell at a price higher than the established value: scalping tickets to the baseball game.
To buy and sell (securities or commodities) in order to make small quick profits.:cool:
So what are your thoughts about those who are trying to sell items for a large profit? Various people have made comments in the Items For Sale forum but according to the "rules" that isn't permissable.

If scalping sports tickets is illegal*, shouldn't trying to scalp items like electronics be just as illegal?

*I know it is illegal in some U.S. states but I'm not 100% sure about Canada

Your thoughts :rolleyes: .

richunclepennywise
12-23-2006, 07:08 PM
free market.....sell for whatever you can get....the value of something IS the price you can sell it for

oasis
12-23-2006, 07:20 PM
I get a kick out of the people trying to protect the people that are crusing these forums. Most if not all of us know what items we're interested it in are worth. But There are some that feel it necessary to protect me!

If some one wants to buy a playstation for $600 and try to resell it for $1500 so be it. If some one is really desperate they WILL buy it. Myself I wouldn't. I know what I am willing to pay for anything I'm interested in. And I won't pay any more for it.

Scalpers don't bother me. If I buy a car for $300 and decied to try and resell it for $300,000 I'll have that car for a long time. It's the way of the world.

All the price police are doing is keeping these posts at the top of the forum list, and showing others that they can not mind there own business. If your not interested move on these scalpers are not worth the time it takes to post your opinion.

When you post "I'm only trying to stop him/her from ripping someone off" Your just telling others that "I'm smarter than you and you need my protection".

Don't bother I know that it isnt worth that much. I'm willing to bet there will be a lot of people with nothing under there trees this chritmast except a play station because they bought more that one with visions of getting rich off the shortage. then they get stuck with them and now are short of cash.

I get a laugh out of waching this. As Christmas, or a concert gets closer you see the price droping almost hourly in desperation trying to dump the item because it's getting down to the wire.

For the Stones concert in Moncton a co-worker got his tickets for less than face value. The scalper that had been tring to make a proffit bought quite a large number of tickets and 1/2 hour before concert time my co-worker as a joke offered him less than face value. the guy was so desperate he said yes. He and his wife and another couple jumped in there car drove to Moncton and got there in plenty of time to see the Stones. They had a great time and a good laugh!

trinity
12-24-2006, 06:59 AM
Hey, I figure-if I want to gamble and buy 50 Baby Alive dolls or playstations, and want to waste my precious holiday season sitting home by the phone, checking email constantly, trying to hook up with 50 miscreant strangers, more than half of whom will NOT show up on time or at all to view/buy the item, that's my business. Fair? No, not really, but there is desperation on both sides of the coin. if I get stuck with them unsold, or you pay me more than store price, one or both of us is dumber than dirt. If your kid/spouse really wants a PS and they are sold out, buy them a gift card for the amount the thing costs and leave it at that.

shadow
12-25-2006, 10:22 AM
hahah you make it sound like this machine is gold. EB games has them to sell. They are not the hit like the xbox 360 is. Sony made a big mistake making the disks blue ray and they will pay for this mistake.