PDA

View Full Version : How Clean Is Your Water?

kaj27
05-13-2007, 08:04 PM
Few years back I installed a inline sediment filter on the main line in the house. It catches particles around 5 microns. Well I am suppose to get 4-6 months out of each filter. Since installed I have been getting 2 months tops. Kinda sad.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v678/MoparBoys/100_5320.jpg

Yum. That is 1 month and 2 weeks to the day.

Chinna Dah
05-13-2007, 08:44 PM
do you have a pic of a clean one?

krista25
05-13-2007, 08:45 PM
Ewwwwwwww :(

kb
05-13-2007, 08:53 PM
i'm not really surprised just think what we are breathing

kaj27
05-13-2007, 08:55 PM
do you have a pic of a clean one?

Just used my last filter. They start out bright white. But here is a picture of it in the system.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v678/MoparBoys/Water002.jpg

kaj27
05-13-2007, 08:55 PM
i'm not really surprised just think what we are breathing

That is true. I also have a air filtration system too. Just as bad.

tigersvain
05-14-2007, 01:24 PM
You know your waters dirty when it leaves a ring of yellow around you bath tube.... its disgusting. i'm from the country..lived off well water and its crystal clear and has no smell, then i moved into saint john and well...i wont even drink this stuff , buy my water from the superstore. I mean when you fill up a glass is water suppose to be yellowish brownish? and smell like clorine (dunno how to spell that word). Very dirty water, think they need a better filteration system for this city. I'v been in ottawa and their water is no wheres as dirty as ours, its actually very clean and drinkable.

krista25
05-14-2007, 05:45 PM
I agree, our water is disgusting! The cold water from my tap comes out a foggy white.....I can understand it looking like that when it's hot.....but that's nasty! Also.....Gotta love those floaties in the water! Nothing like a good galss of floaties! :rofl:

icedragon
05-14-2007, 06:05 PM
I agree, our water is disgusting! The cold water from my tap comes out a foggy white.....I can understand it looking like that when it's hot.....but that's nasty! Also.....Gotta love those floaties in the water! Nothing like a good galss of floaties! :rofl:

As far as I know there are only 2 things that can cause that. Air in the water or Ferrous hard water.

icedragon
05-14-2007, 06:08 PM
Few years back I installed a inline sediment filter on the main line in the house. It catches particles around 5 microns. Well I am suppose to get 4-6 months out of each filter. Since installed I have been getting 2 months tops. Kinda sad.

Yum. That is 1 month and 2 weeks to the day.

you need a filter that can be backwashed if your water is that bad. Is that filter poe or pou?

icedragon
05-14-2007, 06:10 PM
You know your waters dirty when it leaves a ring of yellow around you bath tube.... its disgusting. i'm from the country..lived off well water and its crystal clear and has no smell, then i moved into saint john and well...i wont even drink this stuff , buy my water from the superstore. I mean when you fill up a glass is water suppose to be yellowish brownish? and smell like clorine (dunno how to spell that word). Very dirty water, think they need a better filteration system for this city. I'v been in ottawa and their water is no wheres as dirty as ours, its actually very clean and drinkable.

The yellowing in your bathtub is probally from iron, however the town waster has been quite bad lately for suspended particles. They must be flushing the lines or something.

kaj27
05-14-2007, 07:05 PM
you need a filter that can be backwashed if your water is that bad. Is that filter poe or pou?

I'm assuming you mean Point Of Entry or Point Of Use?

That is a Point Of Entry, That is just a sediment filter that is about 2 feet from the ground; where the line comes out.

Consumable lines use the Point Of Use; a charcoal filter in each. I don't have any UV systems.

icedragon
05-15-2007, 02:54 PM
If your on town water you shouldn't need a uv filter, unless there is known to be coliform problems here. If there is, even after water passes through a uv filter the coliform count is still usually quite high. This happens with most bacteria filters as coliform is smaller than the membrane in the filters