PDA

View Full Version : Leaky Toilet

sugadip
12-23-2006, 03:09 AM
My toilet it leaking water and I don't know how to stop it. I've already taken off the back and it's still running. Please help because the noise is bothering me!!

oldnugly
12-23-2006, 05:38 AM
temporary....there should be a valve on the pipe that runs to the tank. if not try to ( if its one of the old metal type ) bend the rod that holds the float so that the float goes deeper into the water. this should put a little more presure on the valve inside the tank. also check to see if something is holding the thingy at the bottom of the chain from plugin the hole at the bottom of the tank. if that does not work pretend you have a water fall near your house. falling water creates negative ions....nudge nudge wink wink

puppyluv
12-23-2006, 05:55 AM
you can also buy the replacement parts at any harsware store..if the water is flowing into the tall stand up tube, you will need to replace the entire innard set up usually ( not expensive) and its easy to do.. If it is just the flapper at the bottom is old and deteriorating, you can get a new one of those cheap too! check the chain to make sure it is attatched ( some times it falls off)
hope this helps :)

lil grimlin
12-23-2006, 10:55 PM
i had this same problem its the plug in the bottom of the tank give it a wiggle or to and it will go back in right its cause all the calcium and what ever else in yoru water is growing on it

Rickster
12-26-2006, 02:03 PM
Sounds like either the rubber stopper on the bottom of the tank or your tank ball on the end of the rod coming off the tube in your tank. Turn off the supply(under your tank) and flush. When the tank is empty reach down and remove the stopper(unhook chain also)and check it for cracks or broken 'hinge'.Bend stopper in half and see if there are any small cracks(much as you do when checking car hoses).Replace if cracks are seen !Turn water back on and there is also a small adjustment screw at the end of the rod holding the tank ball. This makes the water shut off once the tank ball has reached a certain height in the tank.Try turning this screw a couple turns counter clockwise(or visa-versa) depending on the set-up and after each adjustment,flush to see if your problem is resolved. May take a couple of trys but eventually this will set the proper height for your tank ball to shut of the water flow.If all fails then you will need a replacement kit for your tank fush sysyem. Hope this helps !-Rick