PDA

View Full Version : Emachine t1742

mattpage84
05-12-2007, 05:33 PM
hey guys i have an emachine sitting at home, it wont boot or anything, ive tried multiple power supplies with no luck. When i plug in the power supply, i either dont get any fan's turning on or i get a high pitched whine coming from the ps it self. Its a 1.7ghz processor, other then that im not sure what else is wrong, when i got the system itself i was told the pins may be broken on the processor, but im not to sure, any help would be greatly appreciated

kaj27
05-12-2007, 08:54 PM
Well normally without a CPU the PSU will still fire up.

I would suspect something wrong with the board itself. Try pulling all the cards, memory, HDDs, CD-ROMS....pretty much everything and see if it starts then.

paak
05-13-2007, 10:48 AM
The most common thing that goes in an emachine is the motherboard (I have found atleast a dozen dead boards from emachines in the past year or so) - all of them have the same symptom - absolutely no power through the board(no fans turn or anything).

You could try resetting the CMOS, though, you might get lucky ;)

mattpage84
05-13-2007, 02:25 PM
well i tried pulling everything off except for my power connection and my video card, still wouldnt power up, i also tried pulling the battery right out of it, i read somewhere's that leaving it out for acouple of minutes may have helped, which it didnt lol. Im not sure if the ps it self is fried or what, i know the vga card works, i know the system will power up because i did have it running when i first got it, just didnt try booting. most emachines take a specific 24 pin atx connector dont they?