PDA

View Full Version : Tylenol for Arthritis

trinity
05-11-2007, 08:30 PM
Let me say, this stuff is amazing! I went for a 2 hr hike Weds in the nature park, (and by 2 hrs I mean 2 hrs, 10 minutes) and when I got home I was Hurtin' with a capital H. I had gotten a free sample in the mail and I thought "Why not? " I took the 2 it recommended and my pain was not only gone in an hour, it stayed gone. I woke up yesterday with no pain, not even my usual morning stiffness, and I stayed that way all the next day. I went to Walmart last night and bought a bottle, and took one more this morning just as preventative. I haven't been this pain-free for 15 years! Right now nothing hurts! And its OTC, and not pricey, on par with regular Tylenol/Advil.

mypooh
05-13-2007, 09:55 AM
Just wondering if you have mild arthritis. I want to try the new tylenol for arthritis but mine's pretty bad. It used to only bother me really in the winter time, now I don't have a single day where it doesn't hurt in some way, I also have low bone density so I have pain from that too. I've been on celebrex but unfortunately I must have gotten immune to that because it no longer even touches the pain. I've seen it get so bad my legs will give out on me..Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as I hate going to the doc

puppyluv
05-13-2007, 08:32 PM
the tylenol has an anti inflammatory in it...Aleve is actually closed to an Nsaid...and I find that works much better for my arthirits, if I need to take something for the pain. I only take Aleve if I havent been taking my Bell Shark Cartlidge...(GNC or shoppers) That stuff is amazing, and it doesnt have an side effects! I have both OA and rheum...and have been using shark for aobut 3 years....what a difference.

trinity
05-13-2007, 08:46 PM
I don't know if I have arthritis, probably, since I have pretty much always hurt somewhere since i was about 20. I usually don't take anything for it, but more days than not I get out of bed and wow, the pain and stiffness is unreal.

Poppy
05-24-2007, 09:20 PM
I take a glucosamine supplement, Fish Body oil, Vitamim E (natural) daily. For an anti-inflammatory I take organic ginger root powder and organic turmeric. It works fantastic :)

Just to add, I give the same things to my dog with Hip Dysplasia and severe arthritis and it has helped her immensely.

trinity
05-25-2007, 02:54 PM
I've always found herbal and organic supplements to be too pricey for me, so I'm going with what works, for 7.99 for 50 caplets :-0
Show me another organic supplement that is 7.99 for a month and a half supply and I'm there.

Atchbe
05-25-2007, 05:59 PM
You can get Ginger root and Turmeric for very cheap at the superstore...just buy the spice in the natural food section and add to meals.

Another great homeopathic treatment for joints that are "rusty" "stiff" upon waking is Rhus Tox. That is under $8.00 and lasts over a month.