PDA

View Full Version : Mother's Day

dollydoo
05-11-2007, 05:51 PM
Who has a Mother that deserves a thank you. Please tell us why she means so much to you.

My mother is 44 years old. I am 24. She was a single mother for most of my life. She worked everyday and sometimes pulled double shifts so we could live in a house. I always did the dishes for my mother had supper ready for her cleaned the house etc to let her relax. Now i am a mother and i get to experience all the hours of working and cleaning and cooking and sheltering my daughter. Until she is older. As she is only 2. So my mother still deserves the best as she will always get from me until im done on this earth. :)

Rae_Maill
05-11-2007, 06:12 PM
My mother pulled 12 hour shifts and extra overtime just to keep a roof over my and my siblings heads (i have a sister and 2 younger brothers, i'm the oldest) she has suffered for the past 12 years or so with severe rhuematoid arthritis and still gets up every day at 5:30 to start her day. She is an LPN and works with Psych patients, she sometimes ends up getting a whooping at work but still loves her job and her patients. My mother gives of herself everyday, and this daughter wont' ever forget the life lessons of play hard work harder, and laugh or else you'll cry.

tred816
05-11-2007, 07:23 PM
lol do we have the same mother Rae Maill? lol just kidding.

My mom is amazing. She grew up in poverty as one of 5 kids, 3 of them were mentally handicapped and her whole life she was teased and picked on by the other kids and families because she couldn't possibly be of normal mentality with that many family members who weren't.

Her mom had a nervous breakdown when she was 14 and tried to beat her with a hammer because she was getting her siblings off to school and her mom thought she was helping the neighbours take her kids away...

Her mom (ie: my grandmother) was taken away and put into the insanitarium for a couple of years until she returned home to fight for her kids back (which she got!!! believe it or not lol).

My grandmother continues to live alone caring for one of my aunts and my mother goes to her house (an hour's drive each way) twice a week to make sure everything is ok, then travels every three months to Campbellton to see one of my other aunts in a hospital up there. She also makes bi-monthly trips to see my uncle in a special care home which is also an hour away.

Throughout all this, she adopted my daughter when I became a teen mom (at 15!) and is raising her.

She also found out last year that she has severe arthritis which they believe is caused by lupus, chronic fatigue, celiac disease and fibromyalgia. She has her symptoms under control now by taking medication which is used for chemo/cancer treatment and it makes her quite ill, but only once per week.

Oh, and she went back to college when she was 47 and became an LPN graduating with High Honors.

What a woman!!!!

space
05-11-2007, 07:25 PM
happy mother's day to my mother the greatest mother in the world. she had turn 79 last week. she has 11 siblings. 7 boys 4 girls. every year she would make at least 75-100 meat-pies for christmas and hand them out to her family an friends as a gift. she is good hearted. if you need a helping hand she's there to help you even if she doesn't know you. once a week she goes out and spend her time at a local club to enjoy herself with her friends. she had never drank or smoke.
when she invites family over for dinner she'll have the meal ready and she would not want anyone to help with dishes.. lol

she love's the tv show three's company she gets a great laugh from jack/john ritter. she'll laugh so hard as if she's crying.lol

happy mother's day
thank you for being my mom

love you!!

dollydoo
05-11-2007, 09:50 PM
These are great keep them coming. I know we all are thankful for our mothers. We should do this more often. Not just on special occasions.. What is the best gift you recieved on mothers day?? Or had given to someone????

My fav gift was last year when my little girl who at the time was only 20 months old. (She will be 3 in Sept.) Was a little card made from her own hands. Mind you I couldn't figure out what was on it. But, she told me it was MAMA and YOU. ( Which meant her. However she didn;t quite understand the whole me thing LOL):rofl: I thought it was so sweet. :D

ChelorSean
05-11-2007, 09:56 PM
Well i'm sorry guys and i know this will sound bad but i can not say i have my own mother to say it to because to me she is nothing(long story)but i have the best mother in law going....she has taken me in and cared for me when my own mother didn't want me so for that i thank her and to me she is now my mom!Happy mothers day all.
i will along with alot of you be enjoying mothers day as i have to babies of my own.have a great day ladies!!!

mizunderstood
05-13-2007, 09:30 PM
MY mom is the greatest mom in the world. She worked double shifts at a crappy job for little pay and never once complained about it... SHe supported our whole family on her own for the majority of our lives (dad has not worked a steady job in 15 years) Despite her long days and hard work she never once missed one of my basketball games, volleyball games or music recital, or any of my brothers for that matter... On top of all this she still found time in her schedule and love in her heart to take in foster children with disabilities. I remember one nite one little boy we had at the time was holding a knife to my moms throat saying I will kill you! and all she did was hug him tighter and told him that she loved him! For the past 2 years she has been working 2 jobs (8am-1130 pm) 7 days a week to pay off all the debts my father left her with when he left her and still finds time to spend with me and my kids, my brother, sister in law and nephew and is always more than willing despite her financial burdens to help us out with money when need be! To this day when I need something my mom is there for me. I look back now and wish I had been a better daughter (help a little more around the house) and hope that I turn out to be even half of the mom that she is cause if I am, then I know that she is the best mommy!