PDA

View Full Version : My opinionated Rant about negative people :) ...

poohbearjenn
05-11-2007, 12:30 PM
My biggest pet peeve is people who love to challenge everything....you know ....those people who have a negative comment and attitude towards anything and absolutely everything other people say or do. They pretty much sit on their perch waiting for the next time they can pounce and attack! "Hmmm who can I possibly offend and HOW can I do it in the most Negative way possible??" They saunter around their place of work, home, the streets ... completely have forgotten the proper way to arch their lips to produce a smile. It's like life has dealt them - and ONLY them - the worst hand around and they will do anything to bring everyone else down with them. My suggestion to those people is to find somthing in your life that is good (there is something -- just look for it!) and be happy!! Lay off the negativity a bit! Enjoy life -- most people have to work -- most people hate that they don't get paid enough -- Make the best of it! I know this may sound morbit -- so sorry in advance :) -- but take a minute and think "when im dead and gone -- how will i be remembered?" Im sure most of the negative people won't care right now-- but maybe years down the road when they're faced with they're inevitable death -- they just might care! Then it will be too late! Don't leave this world with regrets -- especially something so simple as just letting yourself be happy with what you have and being bearable enough for others to enjoy being around you!

trinity
05-11-2007, 02:31 PM
I describe it like this: for some people the glass is half empty, for others its half full, and for the group you are talking about, it is "somebody drank out of my coke again! they always drink MY coke and not anyone elses, and now I have their germs in my glass and I'll probably get sick, and I don't have enough money with me to buy a new one because I had to spend all my money on gas because my boyfriend emptied the tank and didn't bother to fill it like he always does and I was really looking forward to that glass of coke because I've had no break at all today because i was late for work because i had to stop for gas and there was a lineup, and I'll probably get fired because they claim I'm late too much...."
Next time one of these people get you down, think of the glass of coke, and laugh and make yourself be the one that says it's half full. trust me, there is NO winning with these people, and no amount of conflict resolution on your part will ever fix them.

poohbearjenn
05-11-2007, 03:07 PM
HAHAHHAAH!! THAT was AWSOME!!!! :) haha You hit it right on the money with that one :) They don't get me down at all -- I just feel sorry for people like that -- it's very sad to live life on a constant downer!! :)

trinity
05-12-2007, 01:19 AM
Even the "half empty" people you can generally deal with, while they see a more pessimistic view of things, they don't go on and on about it, they don't necessarily see it as personal, and they don't assign blame at random. (in the corporate world its called blameshifting)

s4q19
05-12-2007, 08:51 AM
I think you guys are describing emo kids... lol.. There's even a genre of music to suit their negativity.

Woofer
05-12-2007, 10:12 AM
sounds like alot of them hang in ISJ lol *no insults intended *

s4q19
05-12-2007, 10:16 AM
It just depends on where you are.... I was mostly making a joke, but Trinity's description pretty much fit an emo kid stereotype (short of the cutting themselves... lol ).

Rickster
05-12-2007, 11:04 AM
To each there own and no amount of encouragement will ever flip these people over to the other side. An observation I've made over the past several years is that it is mostly younger people that have this attitude as they have gotten too lazy or dependent on others to get out there and experience the better side of life. It is out there and all one has to do is want it !! There's also a crowd that has a low self-esteem on theirselves and blame everyone and everything for their problems. Lower education and the lack of a good job also adds fuel to their fire so all in all,let them rant as it does give one a better idea as to what type of people he/she is and perhaps they are using isaintjohn as therapy,LOL,lol. - Rick.( funny how 'intelligent' they become after getting a computer and I say this cause I know So many people, that are all of a sudden Geniuses after acquiring a computer,family included). - Rick.

trinity
05-12-2007, 04:35 PM
Well, the "emo kid" I based my description on is about 28 years old, and probably doesn't know what emo is as they don't own a home PC.

rhiley_08j
05-12-2007, 06:24 PM
You know what I tell em? Suck it up, Princess!!!!

catherineandcathyjo
05-15-2007, 09:04 AM
We are all either part of the problem, or part of the solution, we choose this. I hang on to if you can dream it you can do it, never stop dreaming., have a good day everybody, remember we all did wake up today, beats the alternative.