PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest place to declaw your cat...

jdcb
05-11-2007, 09:42 AM
I know there have been posts on this before, but opinions and prices change.

I have had it up to here *points at neck* with my cat. I bought her a new scratching post 3 or 4 months ago, and she just won't take to it. When I bought her the first, it took me 2 hours and a little bit of catnip and she never touched the furniture again.

But a little over a week ago I moved and threw out the old one. I had the old one sitting on top of the new one so she could associate and some of the familiar smell for her would transfer. I mean, just looking at this thing would make you sneeze.

My new place has hardwood highlights around the windows. Since we moved I've caught her scratching cardboard boxes, the couch, and just last night putting some good work into the windowsill.

So, please don't post about what is done during the declawing or opinions of the process. I agree with you already and I could hardly sleep last night after I made the decision it was gonna have to happen. But it has to as I don't want to get rid of my lil girl.

So, locations, prices, and reputations?

MrsBeasley
05-11-2007, 03:41 PM
Where I work the cost depends upon the maturity of the cat. However, it's $165 for an immature (young cat) and $191 for an older cat. If you want all four feet done there is an additional $30.

Along with general anaesthesia all of our cats get a local anaesthetic nerve block injected into each foot to help alleviate pain. They are also given an injectible anti-biotic, anti-inflammatory and an injectible narcotic pain medication during recovery and they recover relatively pain free.

Just PM for any further details, if needed.

adorabull
05-11-2007, 10:43 PM
I know there have been posts on this before, but opinions and prices change.

I have had it up to here *points at neck* with my cat. I bought her a new scratching post 3 or 4 months ago, and she just won't take to it. When I bought her the first, it took me 2 hours and a little bit of catnip and she never touched the furniture again.

But a little over a week ago I moved and threw out the old one. I had the old one sitting on top of the new one so she could associate and some of the familiar smell for her would transfer. I mean, just looking at this thing would make you sneeze.

My new place has hardwood highlights around the windows. Since we moved I've caught her scratching cardboard boxes, the couch, and just last night putting some good work into the windowsill.

So, please don't post about what is done during the declawing or opinions of the process. I agree with you already and I could hardly sleep last night after I made the decision it was gonna have to happen. But it has to as I don't want to get rid of my lil girl.

So, locations, prices, and reputations?

Pm'd you

michaelsmom
05-12-2007, 07:51 AM
I had mine done at all creatures, and i think it was around $150 for each of my girls. That was the front declaw only. I don't know the exact price, because I had them fixed at the same time. They also do payment plans as well.

leaha2879
05-13-2007, 03:59 AM
i was going to do my cats last yr, when i asked round they said they dont do it unless its health reason :(

MrsBeasley
05-13-2007, 06:29 AM
Did you ask people in general or did you call actual veterinary clinics? I know there's some vets who don't like to do it, but there's usually someone that works at most clinics (clinics with multiple Drs) that will.

At our clinic, there's some Drs that don't agree with it, but others will perform the surgery. We do on average (I'm guessing here) 4-6 a week maybe, some weeks less some more.

jdcb
05-13-2007, 04:05 PM
well, funny enough, last night I caught her actually using the scratching post for the first time

I was happy

icedragon
05-13-2007, 05:41 PM
Is there an age limit to getting cats declawed?

MrsBeasley
05-13-2007, 07:03 PM
There is no age limit, however as with any surgical procedure the older the animal the harder it is on them. But if you and your veterinarians take every precaution i.e. pre-operative blood work, IV fluids, good anaesthetic monitoring such as oxygen saturation, pulse/heart rate, respiration and blood pressure and good post operative pain control everything should be fine.

harbourchick07
05-13-2007, 08:19 PM
i do not like the thoughts of even having a cats claw ripped out. it seems painful, and think if it was a cat that went out side. I can understand if the cat is an indoors cat. My friend took her cat to the vet to get de-clawed and they told her about soft paws. they work well and they are very pretty. I just thought i would shoot that one out just in case you wanted to try them before paying a lot of money on something that you may possibly regret sometime down the road. and this way here your cat will have her toes painted (sorta):). I would try them first then see how it goes before de clawing your baby.

NoseToTheGrind
05-15-2007, 11:15 AM
I had mine done at all creatures, and i think it was around $150 for each of my girls. That was the front declaw only. I don't know the exact price, because I had them fixed at the same time. They also do payment plans as well.

I just called All Creatures myself, and asked about a payment plan, and they told me unfortunately they have no payment plan option available, 635-4102 is their number if somebody wants to not believe me...lol, but they did tell me that to have needles, fixed AND de-clawed for all 4 paws is $325 plus your governmental party funds. (TAXES)

Rekcus
05-15-2007, 12:53 PM
That place on Rothesay Ave is $145 plus tax. I called and asked a couple weeks ago, but have since changed my mind and decided to try re-training my cat. Also is an extra $50 if they're not up to date on their needles.