PDA

View Full Version : Peeping Tom

je12122
05-09-2007, 01:54 AM
Well tonight my friend and I had a bad scare. It was about 1130pm and we were outside her house on the Eastside having a smoke, when My friend noticed someone walking between the yards of the houses across the street. There was a man and he was wearing a hoodie and he proceded to pull his hoodie up over his head and croutch down in the bushes and watched us. I did not notice the guy til my friend tells me there is someone watching us and to go inside right away. We then got her boyfriend to go outside to check it out, but the guy had vanished. My friend and I were really spooked out, thank god my friend's boyfriend was there and he walked me to my car and watched me drive down the street. Really scary, makes you wonder what would have happened if my friend didn't see him, cause I didn't that's what scares me!

missday
05-09-2007, 03:18 AM
I live east where abouts was this at so I can keep an eye out just incase because I smoke out side as well

space
05-09-2007, 04:43 AM
I don't smoke but I live out east, what area are you referring to?

Mandi
05-09-2007, 07:13 AM
Peeping tom seems like such an innocent term in relation to this situation. This seems far less innocent than that. I hope everyone's ok. -eeps-! I live east, and would like to know where this is too.

6sixstring6
05-09-2007, 08:31 AM
I live east where abouts was this at so I can keep an eye out just incase because I smoke out side as well

In another thread you said you were pregnant. What are doing outside smoking?

je12122
05-09-2007, 09:28 AM
well 6sixstrings6, I had my baby...oh about 4 months ago! lol Thanks though for your concern! lol It was off Bonacord Street, Lomond Crt. And Just to clear things up I didn't smoke AT ALL when I was prego, just been alittle stressed out lately having a baby that has had to have surgery etc...

Dan_Man
05-09-2007, 09:34 AM
I believe 6sixstring6 was reffering to missday not je12122 :P

The_Dave
05-09-2007, 09:46 AM
Paranoia will destroy ya. Sounds like you may be freaking yourself out. Who knows what this person was doing in the bushes. To be on the safe side you should have called the police and have them check the bushes area. He may have stopped to go to the bathroom, do drugs, have a drink, who knows.

je12122
05-09-2007, 10:02 AM
[quote=The_Dave;95877]Paranoia will destroy ya. Sounds like you may be freaking yourself out. Who knows what this person was doing in the bushes.

ha, those are famous last words. My friends boyfriend checked the area and he was gone and he walked me to my car and watched me leave. If the man had disappeared that fast in the time it took for my friends boyfriend to get his shoes on and come out, the Police would not have helped at all.

The_Dave
05-09-2007, 10:43 AM
You should report all suspicious activity to the police, that is what is called neighbourhood watch. If you don't report something, somone, somewhere down the road may be a victim because of that.

rhiley_08j
05-09-2007, 12:13 PM
Did you ever think that maybe he wasn't a Peeping Tom at all, perhaps he was scoping out a house, or getting ready to do a break and enter, and when he saw you he hid in the bushes and waited until you left. Just a thought.:)

HitByABus
05-09-2007, 12:46 PM

LOL......:p

HitByABus
05-09-2007, 12:48 PM
Did you ever think that maybe he wasn't a Peeping Tom at all, perhaps he was scoping out a house, or getting ready to do a break and enter, and when he saw you he hid in the bushes and waited until you left. Just a thought.:)

Well I am sure that thought would ease everyones mind....lol;)

poohbearjenn
05-09-2007, 01:22 PM
Who cares if he was just peeing, smoking a puff, having a drink or scoping out another house and you scared him -- that isn't being paranoid at all ... there was a creepy "stranger" hunched down in the bushes with 2 females standing outside! I dont' care if he was rolling in the grass looking for his contact --- I'd be scared too!! And rightfully so! Be safe and call the police. If he's a peeping tom -- or breaking into a house -- it's wrong either way!! I'm curious to know if the 2 people responding back to this stating "Paranoia will destroy ya. Sounds like you may be freaking yourself out...." or "Did you ever think that maybe he wasn't a Peeping Tom at all, perhaps he was scoping out a house, or getting ready to do a break and enter" are men (just curious because I think men may not look at this situation as a threat --- they have a much better chance at "dealing" with a creey guy crouched in the bushes if anything should "happen" :) but either way ladies ...you should always assume the WORST in that situation and play it safe. Better to be wrong then hurt or even worse dead...

The_Dave
05-09-2007, 03:11 PM
poohbearjenn, look at my name, do you think I am a man??? Also that is why I said she should have called police. But I do believe woman tend to be paranoid more than men as men are stronger and can protect ourselves better. In any event, all suspicious activity needs to be reported.

care1978
05-09-2007, 06:00 PM
as men are stronger and can protect ourselves better. .

i beg to differ there...lol
i know quite q few men that are afraid of their own shadows... im only 5' and i am more of man then these guys lol
my bf is 6'1 and id kick his butt on one of my bad days... thats kinda steroetypical somewhat (your statement) lol

The_Dave
05-09-2007, 06:04 PM
Ya stereo typical but true.

care1978
05-09-2007, 06:27 PM
Ya stereo typical but true.
id like to see any man give birth without bawlin'
but whatever, you obviously were taught men are stronger.... not true in all cases, by any means lol

Pumpkin
05-09-2007, 06:48 PM
How come so many people are passin this off? It's not normal for a guy to be walkin thru yards and crouching in bushes. That is really creepy. I also go outside to smoke, also live on the east side, and get creeped out some wierdo maybe around. I have seen drunk men stumble through my yard that don't even live around here....

You never know, if this guy is what you think he is, you may have just saved some women from possible rape, families from burglary, ect... ya never know who's is creeping around and what they are thinking or doing!! Thanks for posting!!!!

The_Dave
05-09-2007, 07:50 PM
care1978 your right about the give birth thingy, I was talking in general about being attacked. A man would stand a better chance than a woman.

PS how come you women always through the birth thing at us?? I guess it is your trump card. haha

The_Dave
05-09-2007, 07:52 PM
Pumpkin, I have already said a couple of times in this thread that they should have called the police. Report all suspicious activity.

Pumpkin
05-09-2007, 10:13 PM
Yes I totally agree The Dave!.

A few years ago one evening around 9 o'clock, coming into the end of school cuz it was just about dark, I observed something that seem to be strange to me.

I was standing outside my door and I watch this young guy I would say maybe about 26 years old walking down the road. Never seen him in the neighbourhood before and I have lived here for 28 years..

When i first seen him he didnt see me, and when he looked over he sorta jumped and then quickly crossed the street and walked up a ways, then came back and I watched him go up to the door at the house on the corner and he stood there for a good while after knocking and I could see he had a clip board or something. I couldn't see him by the door tho the trees blocked it. Then after he got no answer there he went next door and walked up their stairs and knocked, then jumped up and sat on the stair rail for a good while until someone finally came to the door.

Well when he came down the stairs he started to walk towards me (my driveway is directly across the street from the end of another street). He came right down my drive way and asked for a cigarette. I gave him one and he left, but it struck me weird!

So I called the police. I figured if he wasn't up to anything than no harm done anyways!! Never heard anything but was a little weirded out. He was out a bit late to be canvasing to peoples doors and I used to go to school with a couple guys who would break into houses that way. They would go up and knock on doors to see if anyone was around and if someone answered they would say "Is such and such at home? Oh sorry wrong house" so it was a bit freaky. If he had come an hour earlier I would have thought nothing of it mind you, but I guess it was the way he was acting too.

I dunno. Like I said ya never know who is creepin around and what they are up to!!!

sunkissed
05-09-2007, 11:01 PM
there has been alot of break in s all over the city ,,,, its the drugs, people need quick money!!!!! i'm gonna get a beware of dog sign and post it in my window, i live east thats scary!!!!

missday
05-10-2007, 12:58 AM

Yes I happened to have just found out that I am pregnant last week and I am Cutting down and trying to quit. It isn't as easy as you may think and this has nothing to do with the subject of this Thread I'm sorry but it's not called "pregnant people that smoke should be bashed" so I would appreciate it if you wouldn't Pre judge other peoples situations.

poohbearjenn
05-10-2007, 07:10 AM
poohbearjenn, look at my name, do you think I am a man??? Also that is why I said she should have called police. But I do believe woman tend to be paranoid more than men as men are stronger and can protect ourselves better. In any event, all suspicious activity needs to be reported.

Yes I obviously knew you were a "male" boy or man I wasn't sure....but anyway i didn't know if the other person was a man rather then assume, I simply asked the question. Yes, you did say to go to the police but I don't believe the comment about being paranoid was warranted.....that's only in my opinion. Just like you making the comment was in your opinion. Thank goodness we're all entitled to those! :)

The_Dave
05-10-2007, 08:35 AM
Paranoia will destroy ya, is from a song years ago, I can't remember which one though. I put that in as a joke, I guess you may not be old enough to remember the saying. Anyways my WHOLE point of posting in this thread was to make people aware, that any suspicious activity in their neighbourhoods or elsewhere should always be reported. You may save someone's life or personal property by doing this.

Off topic a bit, missday, congrats on your news of being pregnant. I wish you a healthy and happy pregnancy. PLEASE try to quit smoking, as I am sure you are aware of the dangers to yourself and your unborn baby. Take care and good luck.

poohbearjenn
05-10-2007, 09:02 AM
Well "The dave"... as long as that was your point ... I wasn't old enough to remember that one and just thought you were being a smart :) So I am glad that you do genuinly see this as a possible danger and not just a joke.

The_Dave
05-10-2007, 09:04 AM
No worries PBJ

Mandi
05-10-2007, 09:40 AM
there has been alot of break in s all over the city ,,,, its the drugs, people need quick money!!!!! i'm gonna get a beware of dog sign and post it in my window, i live east thats scary!!!!

LOL! I'm going to get a 'beware of poor people' sign for mine. :rofl:If anyone tried to break into my house, I'd be screwed. I suppose I could offer them tea and cookies, but that's about it.

It's depressing how people so easily take advantage of others to support their habbit.

Mandi
05-10-2007, 09:42 AM
Yes I happened to have just found out that I am pregnant last week and I am Cutting down and trying to quit. It isn't as easy as you may think and this has nothing to do with the subject of this Thread I'm sorry but it's not called "pregnant people that smoke should be bashed" so I would appreciate it if you wouldn't Pre judge other peoples situations.
Yeah... Aparently mr six strings doesn't know that cold turkey quitting when you're pregnant could put the featus into shock and terminate the pregnancy. People who judge so quickly and have nothing possitive to say get annoying really quickly.

Crystalbeach
05-10-2007, 09:49 AM
Peeping Toms are not into taking your stuff..they are into "seeing" things..it's how they get off..so to speak..
they are just about one step below pedophiles...and about one step up from pond scum.

CheyenneSuper
06-08-2007, 08:38 PM
We have a problem around here with prowlers at night sneaking around yards to see what they can steal or look into. I set up fishing line across the yard with something on the deck that would fall and wake us up. This works. You can take care of business yourself if you feel able and want immediate service or call 911 and hope that the police arrive quickly.

oldnugly
06-08-2007, 10:10 PM
any time there is something going on in my " hood " i go out and confront the people. i think that the rickster will agree with me on this.

a few times people have hung around with no reason and i went out to chase them. mostly just punks.

if you feel threatened in any way what so ever call 911. or if you have a favorite ogre call them first.

hint-don't call both. you will only get your favorite ogre in trouble.

t-bone
06-09-2007, 10:39 AM
i once heard prowlers outside my house in the middle of the night. i jumped right up and went outside to see what was going on. my mistake was i did not call the cops first or even wake my wife up to let her know what was happening.
when i came across them in my yard, there were 3 rather large guys and i was standing there in my underwear holding a shovel. LOL. well i managed to scare them away, but it could have been a bad scene.

oldnugly
06-09-2007, 02:24 PM
nobody but nobody will attack a half naked man with a shovel.

t-bone
06-10-2007, 08:30 AM
lol