PDA

View Full Version : Tragically Hip Concert Cancelled :(

Olpkrazy
05-08-2007, 03:47 PM
Anyone know why they cancelled the Saint John show? I'm assuming it's due to low ticket sales. I was quite disappointed, as I saw them a few years back and was anxious to see them again. I'm considering going to either Fredericton or Halifax, but I probably won't be getting the awesome gold circle seats that I had for Saint John :þ

The_Dave
05-08-2007, 04:27 PM
People have lost interest in the hip, they are a shadow of their former selves. Their new music is not very good. I used to love The Hip.

Mandi
05-08-2007, 04:39 PM
I dunno. But that is crap news :( I saw them a few years ago, sixth row in the middle and it was the best concert I've ever been to. I'd drive to Halifax to see them.

The_Dave
05-08-2007, 08:42 PM
I have seen them 4 times, last time back in the late 90's, when they had it going on. They were awesome. Now their new music is too out of their style. They should have stuck to what worked for them.

Mandy
05-09-2007, 08:49 AM
They come here too often.....seems that SJ gets the same bands over and over....and years after they are "Top 10"

Olpkrazy
05-09-2007, 06:19 PM
How do they come here too often? They come here when they're touring to promote a new album. That's how most bands do it.

jdobbs
05-10-2007, 03:54 PM
I think it's because their music has changed and most folks like their older stuff better. I'm not a fan of their studio output of the last 10 years but I still enjoy their shows even when they play their newer tunes.

Pumpkin
05-15-2007, 03:55 PM
Maybe they cancelled themselves when they remembered the time they played here and someone threw a shoe at lead singer dude. lol "I mean really, who throws a shoe?"