PDA

View Full Version : The New Ticket System At Service NB

AaRdVark
05-08-2007, 08:34 AM
The New Ticket System At Service NB it works great, they should have thought of this before. First come first served. What do u think?

kaj27
05-08-2007, 09:05 AM
Could you explain a bit more? I'm interested now!

The_Dave
05-08-2007, 09:17 AM
I never had any concerns before the ticketing system. Whenever I had to go there, I received prompt courteous and efficient service. Sounds like they spent money on a new system when it really was not needed. In my opinion of course, based on my experiences there.

trinity
05-08-2007, 09:46 AM
how would you use a "ticket"? The way it was the last time I went, you line up, you get to the head of the line in the order you arrived, and then a light comes on at the next wicket that is free. Why would you need a ticket? I have waited a very long time some times, but it has been busy when I went and as many windows as possible have been open. So on a busy day, could I pull a ticket, go for a pee break, grab a coffee at the Market and come back and be immediately served?

AaRdVark
05-08-2007, 10:32 AM
There are no lines at SNB, now, you take a ticket and sit down when the sign comes to your number, you look for the light that is on over a service reps wicket and that is where you will be served. If no one response to that number indicated they move onto the next number. Quite simple- so everyone regardless of ability gets served on a first come first served bases. Now, there is still quite a scramble (esp. Saturdays) to get to the ticket dispenser when they open both the front and back doors at the same time.(haha)

Misty589
05-08-2007, 04:24 PM
good to know our tax dollars are being spent on something so necessary .........................

The_Dave
05-08-2007, 04:36 PM
Whats the old saying, If it ain't broke...............Aw but that is government waste for you.

6sixstring6
05-08-2007, 05:35 PM
The new ticket system was put in place for two reasons.
1. The line was too close to the attendants and people in the line could overhear what business was being transacted. Under the privacy laws, this is not allowed.
2. The SNB workers found all the chatter from people in the line talking with each other while waiting to be very distracting.

The chairs where you now wait are set quite far back from the counter.

The_Dave
05-08-2007, 05:50 PM
They only needed to move the line back.

6sixstring6
05-08-2007, 06:49 PM
they did, by introducing the number system. If yopu remember, there wasn't much room between the main reception desk and the line, where do you suggest they move it to.
the number dispensing machine was not very expensive i'm sure. It is just like the ones in Cdn Tire for parts or customer service.
You're *****in about nothin!!

kaj27
05-08-2007, 08:36 PM
LOL you guys are getting all hell bent about the cost of a ticket dispenser, I love it.

jdcb
05-08-2007, 08:46 PM
I think it's a good idea. Maybe seems like a waste is you visit during slow times, but in peak times this would be really nice... wonder if they have enough seats?

The_Dave
05-08-2007, 08:54 PM
I am not *****in bout anything, just giving you my opinion on EVERYTIME I went in there, if you read my post. Also knowing the government, they bought a system that cost next to nothing and probably paid THOUSANDS of dollars for it. Not to mention that they probably paid THOUSANDS of dollars to study the situation to see if they wanted to switch systems and then probably paid THOUSANDS of dollars to hire a consulting firm to do up flow charts and what not. I think you get the point.

There was nothing wrong with the old way, just move the line.

Oh yeah and they probably went through this whole process again to see where they would buy the chairs.

dollydoo
05-08-2007, 09:21 PM
I am not *****in bout anything, just giving you my opinion on EVERYTIME I went in there, if you read my post. Also knowing the government, they bought a system that cost next to nothing and probably paid THOUSANDS of dollars for it. Not to mention that they probably paid THOUSANDS of dollars to study the situation to see if they wanted to switch systems and then probably paid THOUSANDS of dollars to hire a consulting firm to do up flow charts and what not. I think you get the point.

There was nothing wrong with the old way, just move the line.

Oh yeah and they probably went through this whole process again to see where they would buy the chairs.

For once I think I agree with DAVE. The way they have the system now is Foolish. It;s the same thing as standing in a line. First come first served. What is the point of the # system. If they had a problem with hearing people in line put a wall up. Cost??? Alot cheaper than a foolish number system. Also, It is not final. They are going to see what people think about it first. And with what ive heard it won't be staying. Do you see a # system at a bank??? No don't think so!!! Especially on SA day and Family Allownace day as well as old age. Pretty sure that it was a waste of time. Banks have been doing great with the way they have their lines. And personally i would rather be more worried about people hearing how much money I have than what type of vehicle im renewing ETC. Thats my Opinion....

Chinna Dah
05-08-2007, 09:30 PM
I think this is great, for example my mom has a bad knee, and for her to stand and even wait for 3 or 4 people in line she is in a great deal of pain.So for her to go in and take a number, sit down and just go when it is her time, will be soo much easier on her, and many many others I am sure.

dollydoo
05-08-2007, 09:31 PM
That is why they have special tellers for that reason. Same as the bank does.

jdcb
05-08-2007, 09:56 PM
I think the point was, she had to wait standing in line for that special teller...

ChelorSean
05-08-2007, 10:31 PM
i agree with dave and disagree i was there on saturday to get my address changed i went in and the place was packed i was 127 and it was on 90 so instead of standing in line i went to my car had a smoke and listened to the radio came back and i was still 10 after a half hour so in cases like that if you have to run to the market you can and still get \away

AaRdVark
05-09-2007, 11:20 AM
-the ticket system was tried out in other cities before being implemented in Saint John.
-there is a special wicket for the disable but they have to wait their turn, the same as anyone(so it's not like the bank)
- there was NO consulting firm(s) involved, this was a suggestion by staff and was tried out as mentioned above.
- the chairs , they already had them.

As mentioned the switch was done for mainly privacy, and if you have been in that office moving the line over wasn't an option for safety reasons (flow of customers), there are other functions taking place on that floor and also access to the upper floor. Believe me SNB did it as cheaply as possible.

The_Dave
05-09-2007, 03:02 PM
So if they already had the chairs they could have moved the line back and just called next. Less expensive. Trust me, any system the government implements cost us a bundle.

AaRdVark
05-10-2007, 11:53 AM
Read what you want into it-
it didn't cost a bundle and again the line couldn't be moved-Privacy of our information,whatever the cost, was worth the change.
This is not the only customer service that has changed to this system- Blue Cross and the Regional hospital are the first two that come to mind.

puppyluv
05-10-2007, 11:55 AM
I like the new system at the registry office.. Used it today and it was comfortable etc...:) 2 thumbs up!

The_Dave
05-10-2007, 12:00 PM
Oh trust me it cost a bundle, the government had their hands on it so you know they paid 50 times its value. If it was changed for privacy situations, then why haven't the banks done so?? The privacy act came in a few years ago. You saying the government is just now getting on board. Move the line back and call next. Anyone who needs a chair should bring someone to stand in line for them.

AaRdVark
05-10-2007, 12:41 PM
ur opinion- trust you i don't
Now the bank changing it system - talking about cheap!
If they could figure a way to charge the customer they would.
Again - privacy was worth the change.

6sixstring6
05-10-2007, 01:06 PM
Give it up Aardvark, some people are never wrong............Just ask the dave.

AaRdVark
05-10-2007, 01:25 PM
lol

The_Dave
05-10-2007, 03:32 PM
AaRdVark, your too easy to get going.

Mandi
05-10-2007, 03:35 PM
AaRdVark, your too easy to get going.
And you absolutely love it! :rofl:

The_Dave
05-10-2007, 08:24 PM