PDA

View Full Version : Prenatal vitamins

missday
05-07-2007, 04:15 PM
Ok so I can't swallow pills I know it's all in my head but I am having the hardest time trying to swallow my prenatal vitamins they are huge and i cut them in to four and i still can't make my self swallow them. I know it sounds retarted lol. but what I was wondering is if there are a chewable kind or liquid if anyone has any info that would be great cause i need to take these lol.

MrsBeasley
05-07-2007, 06:44 PM
I work in a pharmacy part time and I'm sorry to say, there is only the huge "horse pill size". Try drinking the fluid first then throwing the pill in just before you swallow.

tish
05-07-2007, 07:08 PM
i remember waaaay back in the day when i was pregnant with first ( awhole 12 yrs ago) there was a prenatal capsule...they were awesome. I looked for them since and never found them again....:confused:

care1978
05-07-2007, 07:10 PM
try cutting them in half, or crushing them up in something

Cherry Pop
05-07-2007, 09:23 PM
I hate swallowing big pills too. I find if you take big pills with milk, they are easier to swallow. Not sure why but it really works.

t_s_cb
05-07-2007, 09:51 PM
you know what i was the sam way..and you'll never get used to it either..lol..sorry but i didn't anyway..but that's what i did was cut them in half everytime..i'm a wimp too:D

christine chittick
05-08-2007, 04:01 PM
LOL - Know that feeling all too well. :) I found what worked for me was to actually not think about swallowing the pill, and not thinking it was going to get stuck in your throat....take a BIG drink and tip your head back (clears the way a lil better I believe and just don't think about it). Best advice I can give.

missday
05-09-2007, 12:53 AM
Thanks soo much guys lol I'm a big wimp I can seem to get the liquid down but for some reason I don't swallow the pill lol I've tried not thinking about it but the more i tell my self it's all in my head the more i think about it so i've decided to chew them lol thats what it has come down too. ewwww so I think tomorrow when I take one I'm going to try the milk idea mabey that will work if not I will have to continue to chew them.

leaha2879
05-09-2007, 06:36 AM
i cant swallow big pills either, i stopped taking them, my kids turned out great, but there is another pre-natal pill u can take and its small it called slow fe-folic, there smaller then birth control