PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with an iso

eyeapisces
05-07-2007, 03:53 PM
An iso image is supposed to run just like an original CD, right? That was my understanding...
I just finished downloading an iso image of some software that I need. I have tried burning a copy on both my laptop and my PC with two separate programs (Roxio and Nero (http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cdr_software/cdr_applications/nero.cfm)), and both times I am left with a CD that does not run as an image, but instead lists all of the individual files on the CD individually. What am I doing wrong?!

kaj27
05-07-2007, 03:57 PM
The image itself is probably formatted wrong.

gorbie
05-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Burn the iso with ImgBurner

If that doesn't work - then the iso is pooched.

If it's not auto-running like you are expecting ... look for a setup.exe on the disc when its done?

http://www.imgburn.com/

icedragon
05-08-2007, 03:02 PM
I think he's burning the image without opening it. Your need like iso buster or power iso. some program to extract the files from the .iso nero has an option to burn iso to disc or something like that but I haven't had any luck using that option unless nero was the the program that took the image. Best bet if to use a program to extract the files then burn them

eugeneb
05-08-2007, 06:08 PM
you can burn a iso image with nero for a joke, i do it every day. when you open nero for burning a data cd go to the top bar and press recorder then hit burn image a window will show, hit browse , find image and it ok
then burn

Fundy
05-08-2007, 08:36 PM
yeah...what eugeneb said. Using NERO just goto 'FILE' in the top toolbar, then go to 'Burn Image'...then it will prompt you to navigate to the image file (Iso). It may vary slightly depending on which Nero version your using.

paak
05-09-2007, 05:52 AM
Sounds like the autorun might not be working.

Did you try right-clicking the CD in "my Computer" and selecting "Autoplay"? If there is no option to autoplay in that menu, then the autorun is messed up(which is controlled by a simple .inf text file). Try installing the software from the CD manually(by running setup.exe)...