PDA

View Full Version : Prenatal classes

missday
05-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Just wondering how far along you should be when you start taking prenatal classes?

magoosmomma
05-07-2007, 04:58 PM
depends I guess

with my first I was 6 months along before taing them

mizunderstood
05-07-2007, 05:48 PM
Usually they recommend anytime after 6 months.. But if u want to u can take prenatal classes even before u get pregnant... but typically they try to group the class together according to due dates... At least that is what I found with both my pregnancies HTH

MrsBeasley
05-07-2007, 06:39 PM
Your doctor will give you a form that you mail off to the hospital and they call you to schedule your classes (at least that's what happened to me).

Mandi
05-07-2007, 06:45 PM
Your doctor will give you a form that you mail off to the hospital and they call you to schedule your classes (at least that's what happened to me).
hrm. I mailed mine, and I haven't been to prenatal classes, nor have I recieved a phone call to book them. My due date by period was april 12, and by ultrasound it's today, so things must have changed? Good luck with finding out, your doctor would certainly know :)

mizunderstood
05-07-2007, 10:10 PM
I never had to send anything off to them, I just called the Regional hospital and told them when I was due and who my dr was and that I was interested in prenatal classes. CAll 648 6000 and ask to be put through to the mother baby clinic. I think they were definatly worth the time, things change every year and it good to keep up with the new info... :) Best of luck!

Misty589
05-08-2007, 04:36 PM
how far along are you? You should get an appointment at around 26-28ish weeks at the hospital to fill out history forms and they will register you for prenatal and breastfeeding classes at that time if you are interested in taking them.

djchopper6969
05-14-2007, 03:53 PM
I too never recieved anything. I never took prenatal classes and didn't even I know I should have...LOL. Only thing I needed help with is more sleep so I could get the house work done and take care of the baby but they can't teach you that hehe.