PDA

View Full Version : Yearly Garbage Pick up

Pumpkin
05-06-2007, 11:43 PM
Does anyone know if they are just doing the same thing as last year. You call and they come pick up 2x a year.

I seen people with a lot of out of the ordinary stuff in the garbage piles out tonight.

Looked on the City of Saint John site but only found bi-weekly garbage pick up's, anyone know or know the site?

Thanks!!

Rickster
05-07-2007, 12:34 AM
As far as I know ,they don't do that anymore as I called the works department last week concerning this 3-4 times a year thing and that's been dropped ! However they did inform me that they are going to be taking 'whites' (washers,dryers,fridges,stoves) but you have to deliver them yourself to the City works out on the Boarshead Rd.(Millidgeville) starting the 12th of May.

Pumpkin
05-07-2007, 02:08 PM
G, gets better every year doesn't it!!

The_Dave
05-07-2007, 02:21 PM
There was something in the paper a week or so ago, I don't have any details. You may want to call someone. It may have been what rickster is talking about.

rhiley_08j
05-07-2007, 02:24 PM
Believe it or not, the sanitation workers are pretty good at taking almost anything, especially if you go out and help them load your pile of crap into the truck.

NoseToTheGrind
05-07-2007, 02:49 PM
Well one thing about Quispam, they care about their residences....I went out there today and did a load of shopping,,lol....got all kinds of fans for parts, and the computer towers and parts people put out there is ridiculous, well not for me i got em....lol...i got a goldmine.

trinity
05-07-2007, 03:46 PM
NO darn wonder people just abandon their stuff along Broad St/Crown St.

The_Dave
05-07-2007, 04:00 PM
trinity, I don't think it is the city's responsibilty to pick up and take to the dump people's unwanted items other than regular garbage. Yes they did it in the past and everyone loved it, including myself. This has proven to be too costly as people ( contractors, renovators, landlords, etc. Look at the guy who tore down a house in the south end a few years ago and expected the city to haul it away ) took advantage of this situation by waiting until this time of year and then put all their unwanted items out and have the city be responsible to remove them. As usual others have ruined it for us all. If you have unwanted items you can call someone like rickster to come and haul them away. He says his prices are reasonable and will even give the receipt from the dump to prove he took it there. Sounds reputable to me. We all need to do our part to keep the enviroment clean, sometimes it may cost you a few dollars, but in the long run, it is worth it.

Misty589
05-08-2007, 04:32 PM
there is a drop off for whites on the east side too, on mcallister drive, sat may 12 and sat may 19 (as well as the west side one) you have to call city hall to register.

crydaga
05-09-2007, 12:14 AM
My neighbors are saying spring clean up . I did a google and found this/ http://www.news889.com/news/local/next_page.jsp?page=/content/NEWS/ARCHIVE/MAX/15/LOCAL/NEWS_LOCAL_ARCHIVE_2

I tried clicking on full story but i couldn;t get it.

Scroll down to may 2

rhiley_08j
05-09-2007, 12:24 AM
My neighbors are saying spring clean up Wednesday . (south) I did a google and found this/ http://www.news889.com/news/local/next_page.jsp?page=/content/NEWS/ARCHIVE/MAX/15/LOCAL/NEWS_LOCAL_ARCHIVE_2

I tried clicking on full story but i couldn;t get it.

Scroll down to may 2

According to that link your neighbours are wrong, there is no spring clean-up in Saint John, there is however, a sceduled day for drop of appliances. The only spring clean-up is in Rothesay, which is this week.

crydaga
05-09-2007, 12:33 AM
from news889.com

SAINT JOHN, NB - Got a broken dishwasher, useless car parts or scrap from renovating?

Just about anything you don't want can be disposed of this month.

"In the city of Saint John, residents must call and schedule a pick-up time, and you can do that throughout the year," said Brenda MacCallum, the public education officer with the Fundy Region Solid Waste Commission.

Items like batteries, hazardous household chemicals and what MacCallum calls 'white goods,' such as old appliances, will not be picked up.

MacCallum said the 'white goods' drop offs are May 12th and May 19th.

Residents wanting to take advantage of the service must call and register with the City.

People living in Rothesay can put all neglected items in manageable piles on the curbside for pickup next Monday morning.

For further information on what qualifies, call the Fundy Region Solid Waste Commission at 738-1212.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the city of Saint John, residents must call and schedule a pick-up time, and you can do that throughout the year," said Brenda MacCallum, the public education officer with the Fundy Region Solid Waste Commission.

Rickster
05-11-2007, 10:51 PM
You know Trinity : you hit it right on the nose as I know of people that put things on the side of the road (that the City won't pick up) and hope that someone will come along and take it away for them( for an anticipated value,lol) !! Right N.T.T.G,LOL,lol.(just kiddin' Bud). - Rick.