PDA

View Full Version : Bridge ST. Park

wannabuy
05-06-2007, 07:58 PM
A couple of times i noticed people putting down this pretty little park and was wondering why?I love bringing my kids to it and have never found needles and things like that.Its a favorite place for me to bring the kids because its quiet and surprisingly clean!:D

Cherry Pop
05-06-2007, 08:26 PM
Never heard of it! Where is this park at?

wannabuy
05-06-2007, 08:32 PM
bridge street.in the north end.It has a few swings,a small slide,and a bench.Its very small but its a relaxing place to sit and watch the boats on the water or sit and read a book.

eagallant
05-06-2007, 09:56 PM
I hope that once the riverboat starts docking there that they will upgrade the park and make it more modern. I've always had serious concerns about the retaining wall & how the water wasn't securely fenced so kids couldn't crawl under - like I've seen them do too many times. It's pretty in the summer & the kids must like it too - they don't vandalize it.

wannabuy
05-06-2007, 10:08 PM
i agree about the wall,today we were there and the water was almost to the sand though so the wasnt making a difference!i just watch my kids even closer!

Rickster
05-07-2007, 12:41 AM
Lived adjacent to that park for some 14 yrs. and it was always a quiet,peaceful place. There's even a fairly nice beach further on to walk the dogs or take the 'kids' on a nature walk ! Nice area considering what some narrow-minded 'people' have to say about the area ! - Rick.

cuddles2007
05-07-2007, 10:31 AM
i live 2 mins away from that park. And i would NEVER ever take my child to that park! I know for a fact that there is needles down there. a girl that i know and her church group go down there at lest once a week and tries to clean it up. and at night or even in the day time . alot of kids do drugs down there, when i was 13 to the time i was 17 my friends used to go down there and do whatever like smoke drugs, have sex things like that . i my mom took my lil brother and sister there last summer and my lil sister found a used condom ! Its gross the things you can find down there. by the water there is alwys dead animals , and it makes te park smell. thats my opinon.

ksbeckaa
05-07-2007, 10:49 AM
I wouldnt go to the beach area there either with children or pets..Its ok for adults just watch what you are walking on, and dont wear sandals. I have seen condoms, used, tampons, used, needles, used. And a whole lot of trash. However, the area around the swings seems much cleaner.

eagallant
05-07-2007, 08:16 PM
We must be taking about a different park. I live a block away & use to run my dogs down behind the fence all the time. Way, way back close to where the old dock was there was debris but I've never seen condoms or needles. Maybe I'd better look down instead of up!

rhiley_08j
05-08-2007, 04:26 PM
I haven't seen those things either, and I have been there a couple of days this past week!