PDA

View Full Version : my baby is now scared of the tub...help

Jamie-lynn
05-06-2007, 10:34 AM
My little guy loved this bath and then he wanted in the tub when the jets where on and now he Freaks out when I put him in the tub, it breaks my heart as he loved him bath time so much, any sugestions on what I can do, will he just forget about this eventually.....help!

ceg
05-06-2007, 10:43 AM
Maybe try showing him that you're not scared of it by getting in. Or put some of his toys in to show that it's fun.

Rickster
05-06-2007, 11:13 AM
I would get in the bath with him(without the jets on)and bath and play with him showing that there is nothing wrong with the tub.Perhaps your hubby/boyfriend can do the same at least till the fear of the tub is over.I understand what you mean by loving it as my boy's would cry at the bathroom door while I was in the tub and wouldn't stop till they were in it with me. Sometimes they would try to get in with all their clothes on ,just to be in the tub. I wouldn't use the jets for a while as it may be something that you have to gradually get him use to it and even then at a very low jet rate. Good Luck ! - Rick.

Jamie-lynn
05-06-2007, 12:16 PM
I have tried getting in with him, but so far it hasnt worked, maybe if I just keep at it he will realize that it isnt going to hurt him, I just feel so terrible! Thanks for the advise!

beckettjag
05-06-2007, 01:12 PM
I can relate , my daughter is 2 and a couple of days ago she loved the tub she would get excited and dance around and now I mention the word bath and she freaks and goes no no no.So if you come up with a solution I'd love to know it's come to the point where I feel like a horrible mother because I put her in there against her will so she can get clean.

Jamie-lynn
05-07-2007, 07:11 PM
ok so I tried putting him back in his baby tub and he fussed a little at first and then I praised him and acted goofy and he was ok, he played then, so hopefully if I keep him in it for a bit I will be able to switch back to the big tub in a couple weeks with any luck

The_Dave
05-07-2007, 08:44 PM
Try putting the little tub with water in it, in the big tub with no water. See how that goes for a small build up to the big tub again.