PDA

View Full Version : Rant

Cherry Pop
05-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Ok I'm going to start my own thread of complaining and blaming people since lots on here want to blame people on income assistance for their taxes being so high.

Let's see who can I blame first for my illness!

First off let me start with the "rich people". Yeah you know the ones that own companies who dump chemicals in our drinking water. The water I've had to drink all my life to stay alive.

Oh and who is next the smokers whose smoke I've had to breathe in at every place I've gone my whole life. Even now that they are banned to the outdoors I still have to walk through them to get into a mall door, hospital door, etc.

Ok next let's blame the farmers and cows whose milk I've been drinking. There are studies being done that they think my disease might be from cows similar to how mad cow disease is from cows.

Um who else can I blame. Wait let me come on here every single day and write bad things about these people that they have to read every single day. How does it feel - not that great I'm sure for anyone who is rich, smokes, is a farmer! Me blaming them for my illness is as crazy as someone blaming someone on assistance for their money problems!

Yes I am alittle cranky and witchy! But I am tired of coming on here every day seeing people put down others that are on income assistance. Trust me the majority are not on assistance because they choose to be. There is nothing great about being on it. I don't get a free ride. I barely have a life at all if that is even what you want to call it. Come live a day in my shoes I dare you all! Guarantee half of you would be wishing to die within 10 minutes!

Yoda1808
05-05-2007, 01:16 PM
Well said Cherry.....

Cherry Pop
05-05-2007, 01:28 PM
Thanks! I'm just really cranky right now! I'm tired of these assistance threads where they insult people on assistance and then they are like why are you taking it personally. Um let me see maybe because they just posted that people on assistance are lazy or should have to take urine tests. Sorry but I don't see them posting the words "some" or "a few" so one is left to assume that they are referring to "all".

mypooh
05-05-2007, 02:07 PM
For starters Cherry Pop, I don't know you and I'm not saying anything against you...however the rant about SA (which was clearly stated several times not including those who actually need it, which from what I've read you do) is taxed and is not our choice...however your rant, drinking tap water, that's a choice you make, you could have boiled then refridgerated, milk from cows, there's goats milk, powdered milk, all kinds of alternatives again was your choice, as for smokers, you really don't want to go down that road...we now have to be outside, and rarely around the doors and it's again your choice to walk through us. Almost all the ppl I know who smoke if someone is walking through it's not like they blow the smoke in your face...and who's to say you can't blame Irving for poluting the air...at least that's something that you don't have a choice in breathing...

Cherry Pop
05-05-2007, 02:14 PM
For starters Cherry Pop, I don't know you and I'm not saying anything against you...however the rant about SA (which was clearly stated several times not including those who actually need it, which from what I've read you do) is taxed and is not our choice...however your rant, drinking tap water, that's a choice you make, you could have boiled then refridgerated, milk from cows, there's goats milk, powdered milk, all kinds of alternatives again was your choice, as for smokers, you really don't want to go down that road...we now have to be outside, and rarely around the doors and it's again your choice to walk through us. Almost all the ppl I know who smoke if someone is walking through it's not like they blow the smoke in your face...and who's to say you can't blame Irving for poluting the air...at least that's something that you don't have a choice in breathing...

When I was a baby or little child I couldn't choose to boil my own water or get another kind of milk. As for smokers, they are always by the door - have you been to the hospital lately - they are right by the front door!!! Anyways my rant really isn't about these people - my rant is about how ridiculous it is to blame these people just like the people on here who discriminate against those on income assistance. Also they were referring to all until I started posted making them aware that some people actually are on it for legimate reasons!

Mandi
05-05-2007, 02:14 PM

OK! and those who are paying taxes, could have chosen to be on income assistance. Working is a choice they make. :rolleyes:

RARELY around doors?! Now I know you're head isn't on straight. Rarely do I see people smoking near the giant tiger or at the mall who aren't right.in.front.of.the.door. It's disrespectful. (those big red no smoking signs? that would be your first clue not to smoke there.) If you know of another way into the mall/walmart/giant tiger/ city market, besides the doors, please let us all know. (I don't have a dislike for smokers, as I realize there are some very considerate ones, but again, I guess there is a stigma on smokers as a whole too which is unfair :( )

Cherry Pop
05-05-2007, 02:16 PM
What the heck is this?? lol..that's funny though because everyone gets to complain about this stuff..even the rich..lol..we all breath in the same air..and as far as the whole water thing why don't you just boil water??

Again I was using examples! I now drink bottled water which I guess you all pay for!!!

Cherry Pop
05-05-2007, 02:17 PM
Hey Cherry Pop! I just wanted to say

Have a GREAT day :) :) :)

I'll try but I have to have another sitz bath soon!

Cherry Pop
05-05-2007, 02:18 PM
OK! and those who are paying taxes, could have chosen to be on income assistance. Working is a choice they make. :rolleyes:

RARELY around doors?! Now I know you're head isn't on straight. Rarely do I see people smoking near the giant tiger or at the mall who aren't right.in.front.of.the.door. It's disrespectful. (those big red no smoking signs? that would be your first clue not to smoke there.) If you know of another way into the mall/walmart/giant tiger/ city market, besides the doors, please let us all know. (I don't have a dislike for smokers, as I realize there are some very considerate ones, but again, I guess there is a stigma on smokers as a whole too which is unfair :( )

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed but really I don't care who smokes and who doesn't - I honestly was using smokers as an example - am I bad?!

Cherry Pop
05-05-2007, 02:34 PM
what exactly is your illness??cause i wasn't sure what a sitz bath was so i googled it and wow was my answer..and i'm glad that water is much better i just don't like buying it for people who wake up with hang overs every morning

In the Health/Wellness section I have a post about my sitz baths. I have to take them right now with epsom salts because I have a wound from surgery that part of it had healed but part hadn't and now it's all come open after the stitches came out. I had severe case of ulcerative colitis where 95% of my large intestine was completely and severely diseased and the other %5 percent was just diseased. I had to have my large intestine removed 7 years ago in an emergency surgery or I would have bled to death. Since then I've had 10 surgeries in total. Unfortunately I'm the one in a million that complications happen too with each of these surgeries. I'm grateful to just be alive but my lastest complication has me very cranky as you can tell.

mypooh
05-05-2007, 02:44 PM
(Cherry Pop)
It's understandable that you weren't able to boil your own water or choose your milk as a child, that should have been your caregiver.
And yes I have been to the hospital lately, everyday actually visiting my dying aunt and me being a smoker I know you're not allowed to even smoke on hospital property or the security guard comes out and hassles you. My point is your examples in your rant are things that are controllable and can be changed whereas ppl who are able to and choose to work cannot choose to give more or less into the SA program. If indeed it was only used for those who need it then there would be no rant at all, as it stated in the first payday rant post it has nothing to do with those who need it, it's those who ABUSE it. So it wasn't after you posted, it was at the begining:
t_s_cb (http://isaintjohn.com/classifieds/member.php?u=12732) http://isaintjohn.com/classifieds/images/statusicon/user_online.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_92920", true);
Member (100 to 500 posts)

http://isaintjohn.com/classifieds/images/icons/icon1.gif Payday Rant!!!
So, here I am on this friday afternoon which just so happens to be payday. I am pretty much broke now. So lets see. What have I done today? Well I went to work today for 9 hours, paid my rent and babysitter and have to get groceries next. I was taking a look at my paystub and BAM it was like the word welfare stuck out in bold letters beside deductions. Don't get me wrong I do agree with the program to a certain extent when it is being used for good reasons. But what makes me so horribly mad is the people who abuse it..Like what would you people do if people like myself weren't out working all day everyday??? C'mon tell me. I'm just curious how most of you can sit home all day or drink and gamble just knowing that really it's not you taking care of you're children it's US. We are the ones providing for you and your children. How can people like that not want to have self pride and their dignity knowing what they've done or even accomplished for the day. So, could someone please help me to understand the system and all of you people not wanting to provide for your family?

Sorry just really upset as to why i get taxed so much to pay for everyone else to live since i'm the one who's working for it and I barely even get enough

I even underlined it for you...

(Mandi)
My head is perfectly straight than kyo uvery your concern..and yes I choose to work and because I choose/able to work and be self reliant I have no choice but to pay into taxes. Besides teenagers have you seen ppl smoking around doors? Didn't think so...I was talking the majority of the ppl I know, which are not teenagers btw, have enough respect to not smoke in front of doors. There are a few ways into the mall, the giant tiger doors are many and you can walk around to the other side if you want and city market go to the end and go up that way...there's always a way....ppl make choices everyday that can affect their lives....but they're the choices of the individual and noone else.

Cherry Pop
05-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Mypooh. I'm at the hospital all the time and there are people who are smoking right beside the security guard and the no smoking signs and they aren't teenagers. Again I was using examples!

I'm glad you can choose to work or not. I don't have that chose. Although I did work for quite a few years and put money into income assistance myself, now unfortunately I have to take out some of that money!

I didn't choose to get this disease. I don't drink, smoke or do drugs. I didn't do anything to bring this on myself. Unfortunately I got it.

As long as people continue to make posts discrimating against those on assistance I will be there to defend those on assistance. I have been there and have a lot of compassion for people who are truely down on their luck!

Mandi
05-05-2007, 03:02 PM
(Mandi)
My head is perfectly straight than kyo uvery your concern..and yes I choose to work and because I choose/able to work and be self reliant I have no choice but to pay into taxes. Besides teenagers have you seen ppl smoking around doors? Didn't think so...I was talking the majority of the ppl I know, which are not teenagers btw, have enough respect to not smoke in front of doors. There are a few ways into the mall, the giant tiger doors are many and you can walk around to the other side if you want and city market go to the end and go up that way...there's always a way....ppl make choices everyday that can affect their lives....but they're the choices of the individual and noone else.

Your 'Didn't think so' Came WAY too soon! The answer is YES. YES I have. and honestly around the giant tiger, and hospital most AREN'T teenagers.

Yes they are the choices of the individual and no one else. And because I'm allergic to smoke, I have to walk around the building (even in the rain with my kids). So because of those choices, I'm forced to inconvenience myself. That seems to be pretty much the same thing you're arguing. you're -forced- to pay taxes. I'm -forced- to try to find another way to pick up my bread, or go to my fetal assessment at the hospital. People break rules, and others are effected by it.

Not sure if it's even pertinant to the topic actually. I'm just annoyed.

mypooh
05-05-2007, 03:27 PM
I completely understand your situation and have nothing against you, it's never been against you..Ppl have the right to SA and I'm for that, I'm not for the ppl who abuse it and you may not see it but it's a lot and investigations don't always work as sunnyj previousely pointed out..
As for smoking outside of the hospital, I don't know which one you're going to but that doesn't happen at the Regional, late at night maybe around emerge but not where ppl have to walk...St Josephs I really don't consider that full hospital. Even when I go there I rarely se anyone smoking around the doors.
Obviously you wouldn't choose to have the disease that you have, contraction is not always in our control, never said you chose it.
As for posts on SA, from what I've read there has yet to be a post negative towards those who actually need SA for you to defend and if you feel you have to defend the ppl who abuse it, well that's your choice, noone has put down those who aren't abusing it.

Mypooh. I'm at the hospital all the time and there are people who are smoking right beside the security guard and the no smoking signs and they aren't teenagers. Again I was using examples!

I'm glad you can choose to work or not. I don't have that chose. Although I did work for quite a few years and put money into income assistance myself, now unfortunately I have to take out some of that money!

I didn't choose to get this disease. I don't drink, smoke or do drugs. I didn't do anything to bring this on myself. Unfortunately I got it.

As long as people continue to make posts discrimating against those on assistance I will be there to defend those on assistance. I have been there and have a lot of compassion for people who are truely down on their luck!

vanessalynn5484
05-05-2007, 03:35 PM
I am telling ya Cherry...Ghandi himself...it'll do no good;) (very wise words someone once shared with me) But if you ever need to chat send me a PM or e-mail, I am always good to listen to a good rant ! And I will actually listen! (/read).

mypooh
05-05-2007, 03:35 PM
Sorry that you're allergic to smoke, as I have a few friends that are as well, and when OUTSIDE the wind usually takes it and it doesn't bother them as much. Yours may be sever and if so sorry yet again. What did you do when we were allowed to smoke inside? We are now inconvenienced to have to go outside..unless it's just 2 doors at that entrance or if ppl are lined up outside each one of the doors I can't see why you couldn't walk 5-10' away to another door as I know there are usually 4-8 doors per entrance. Everyone is affected by everyone's choices, inmy opinion if it's outside and you have to walk what maybe 2' past someone who's smoking unless they blow it in your face hold your breath for those 2 seconds it takes to get in the door, again it's a choice to wakl to another door. At least we're outside now and not inside the buildings so you gained in that retrospective...

Your 'Didn't think so' Came WAY too soon! The answer is YES. YES I have. and honestly around the giant tiger, and hospital most AREN'T teenagers.

Yes they are the choices of the individual and no one else. And because I'm allergic to smoke, I have to walk around the building (even in the rain with my kids). So because of those choices, I'm forced to inconvenience myself. That seems to be pretty much the same thing you're arguing. you're -forced- to pay taxes. I'm -forced- to try to find another way to pick up my bread, or go to my fetal assessment at the hospital. People break rules, and others are effected by it.

Not sure if it's even pertinant to the topic actually. I'm just annoyed.

Mandi
05-05-2007, 03:50 PM
Sorry that you're allergic to smoke, as I have a few friends that are as well, and when OUTSIDE the wind usually takes it and it doesn't bother them as much. Yours may be sever and if so sorry yet again. What did you do when we were allowed to smoke inside? We are now inconvenienced to have to go outside..unless it's just 2 doors at that entrance or if ppl are lined up outside each one of the doors I can't see why you couldn't walk 5-10' away to another door as I know there are usually 4-8 doors per entrance. Everyone is affected by everyone's choices, inmy opinion if it's outside and you have to walk what maybe 2' past someone who's smoking unless they blow it in your face hold your breath for those 2 seconds it takes to get in the door, again it's a choice to wakl to another door. At least we're outside now and not inside the buildings so you gained in that retrospective...

Vanessa I am SO telling your bf you couldn't stay away from the discussion forums! LOL

AAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaany who, thread jack over. (sorry Cherry! heh. oops.)

I doon't recall people ever being allowed to smoke inside the malls, and when they were allowed to in certain restaurants, I simply didn't go to them :( I shouldn't have to compromise anything for the sake of someone's habbit. at. all, ever. even when there are 8 doors, and there are people smoking infront of all of them, im not going to hold my breath to get into the mall. the very idea is ridiculous. I think I'm actually upset! There are NO SMOKING signs there, not 'no walking here, it's for the smokers' signs. why fight something so ridiculous, -shrug- I don't know. I'm certainly not breaking any bi-laws going to the hospital, or the store. Those who smoke in front of a non smoking sign are.

mypooh
05-05-2007, 03:59 PM
You must not be that old because I've been smoking for 13yrs and I remember when I was able to have a smoke in the stores, I've worked in a convenience store where I smoked right behind the counter...
And I bet you couldn't count on one hand how many times you've gone to the mall and there was a line of ppl smoking blocking every door..holding your breath was a mockery because there are options to everything, ie more then one door that whoever is smoking at isn't blocked and again you're outside, whish isn't much different from the pollution in the air, there is always air moving which takes the smoke away, it's not blown into your face. And if it's really that big of a deal put in a complaint to the mall or hospital security....not that hard

Vanessa I am SO telling your bf you couldn't stay away from the discussion forums! LOL

AAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaany who, thread jack over. (sorry Cherry! heh. oops.)

I doon't recall people ever being allowed to smoke inside the malls, and when they were allowed to in certain restaurants, I simply didn't go to them :( I shouldn't have to compromise anything for the sake of someone's habbit. at. all, ever. even when there are 8 doors, and there are people smoking infront of all of them, im not going to hold my breath to get into the mall. the very idea is ridiculous. I think I'm actually upset! There are NO SMOKING signs there, not 'no walking here, it's for the smokers' signs. why fight something so ridiculous, -shrug- I don't know. I'm certainly not breaking any bi-laws going to the hospital, or the store. Those who smoke in front of a non smoking sign are.

Cherry Pop
05-05-2007, 04:04 PM
I am telling ya Cherry...Ghandi himself...it'll do no good;) (very wise words someone once shared with me) But if you ever need to chat send me a PM or e-mail, I am always good to listen to a good rant ! And I will actually listen! (/read).

LOL! Thanks!

Cherry Pop
05-05-2007, 04:12 PM
I was at the Regional on Thursday to go to the ER. There were people smoking at the main front doors and in front of the ER doors. Again I used smokers as an example!

Cherry Pop
05-05-2007, 04:14 PM
Mandi you are making me feel old. When I was little and even in junior high I think, smokers were allowed to smoke inside the mall. Stop making me feel old,lol!

Mandi
05-05-2007, 04:15 PM
Mandi you are making me feel old. When I was little and even in junior high I think, smokers were allowed to smoke inside the mall. Stop making me feel old,lol!

Lol, I'm 21, I guess I just don't have a good memory?

mypooh
05-05-2007, 04:17 PM
You must be going there on the rare occasion that ppl don't get yelled at then cause my family has been in and out of the regional hospital everyday throughout the entire day for a while now as we have family in there now who don't fair that well so someone is always with her....everytime we go for a smoke at a bare minimum we have to go to the bus stop away from the doors or sometimes out to the road...

I was at the Regional on Thursday to go to the ER. There were people smoking at the main front doors and in front of the ER doors. Again I used smokers as an example!

Mandi
05-05-2007, 04:25 PM
You must be going there on the rare occasion that ppl don't get yelled at then cause my family has been in and out of the regional hospital everyday throughout the entire day for a while now as we have family in there now who don't fair that well so someone is always with her....everytime we go for a smoke at a bare minimum we have to go to the bus stop away from the doors or sometimes out to the road...
You're allowed to smoke at the bus stop? I didn't know you were. The no smoking signs are all the way to the corner of the building. If you're there every day, you'd see that if you walk on the side walk, that there are big ol no smoking signs almost up to the road.

mypooh
05-05-2007, 04:32 PM
yeas I know you're not allowed to smoke at the bus stop however sometimes depending on the security guard and if they see you there all the time...they'll let you go across from the bus stop on the dirt to smoke however most times however we're kicked to the road, not just the edge of the building...and I said at the bare minimum...the bus stop

You're allowed to smoke at the bus stop? I didn't know you were. The no smoking signs are all the way to the corner of the building. If you're there every day, you'd see that if you walk on the side walk, that there are big ol no smoking signs almost up to the road.

Mandi
05-05-2007, 05:00 PM
Sent You a PM

Oh that's nothing sweet heart, you should have SEEN something a while ago, right before or after Christmas. People can be silly, don't let it get you down.

Mandi
05-05-2007, 05:16 PM
sooo............. everbody enjoy all that sunshine today?????

Lol sunshine? Where are you, It's raining here, but it's kind of pretty . well, misting really every now and then. I think I'll go make popsicles mmm.

babydoll101
05-05-2007, 05:18 PM
In the Health/Wellness section I have a post about my sitz baths. I have to take them right now with epsom salts because I have a wound from surgery that part of it had healed but part hadn't and now it's all come open after the stitches came out. I had severe case of ulcerative colitis where 95% of my large intestine was completely and severely diseased and the other %5 percent was just diseased. I had to have my large intestine removed 7 years ago in an emergency surgery or I would have bled to death. Since then I've had 10 surgeries in total. Unfortunately I'm the one in a million that complications happen too with each of these surgeries. I'm grateful to just be alive but my lastest complication has me very cranky as you can tell.

You are NOT the only one in this city or even on this site with a freakin disease. We all of go through it sometime in our lives weither it be ourselves or a loved one. No one who posted about ss was directing it entirely towards you.

omyindeed
05-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Well little cloudy here says chance ot thunder and hail ....REALLY hope not I like sun

Mandi
05-05-2007, 05:24 PM
umm, i'm in paradise! it was a beautiful day here! there was abit of rain, all gone now. wouldn't you say it was a beautiful day??? :) what kind of popsicles huh? you sharin?

Pina colada mmm. Sans vodka though :( kind of sucks. -hands popsicles to all. -

Cherry Pop
05-05-2007, 05:55 PM
You are NOT the only one in this city or even on this site with a freakin disease. We all of go through it sometime in our lives weither it be ourselves or a loved one. No one who posted about ss was directing it entirely towards you.

I didn't say I was the only one. I stated my reason for being on assistance. Someone asked what disease I have/had and I posted what I had. I have no problem talking about my disease and my surgery because in my opinion not enough people do. It's an invisable disease and embarassing one - nobody wants to talk about it so I will!