PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Favorite Exotic Car?

Freudian
05-03-2007, 11:39 PM
What is your favorite Exotic Car?

SeanM
05-05-2007, 05:21 AM
Koenigsegg and Zonda didn't make the list? They're two of the best!

montana
05-05-2007, 06:37 PM
No MacLaren F1. THE TRUE EXOTIC? Or at least Saleen S7 as a runner-up.

Freudian
05-05-2007, 09:06 PM
Sorry guys, I only had 10 slots to work with. I kept adding more and more.

McLaren F1 is a one-off. The main aim was to have a poll and discussion about people's favorite Brand which makes multiple models of Exotic cars.

McLaren only makes 1 model and it's powered by a pair of V6 BMW engine blocks fused together and custom 'tweaked'. It's a little more than that but I don't want to write a book that's already been written.

The F1 is a pretty awesome car.

Some other cars that didn't make the list because of catagorization...

Zender fact 4 biturbo
Tesla Roadster *electric car*

Anyone wanna explain why certain cars are their favorite?

The Lamborghini brand has always been my favorite since I first started looking at Exotic Car magazines and such. When I was 11/12 on a family vacation to Florida, I visited Ultimate Motor Works in Longbeach. I was able to convince the owner of the dealership to allow me to sit insie a 1990/1 Lamborghini Diablo which has ZERO miles on it. Had just arrived from Italy and was awaiting customer pickup. They even opened the engine bay for me to gaze upon the mighty 420 horses. I even touched the engine block with my bare hands. I was in complete heaven. I can't begin to describe the feeling, but I'm sure some of you have had experiences like that.

I have photos and if I get the time, I'll post links to them later this week. I look really funny in my k-mart shirt and shorts with fanny pack and a buz cut. Hey, I thought I looked cool and in 1991, I probably did look cool! I bought a Countach T-Shirt which I still have *faded to heck* and some brochures.

Anyhow, anyone else have memories?

I like Lambo's because they are extremely exotic. Ferraris are great and all that, but they're just not as 'exotic' as a Lambo. Ferraris are probably often even a better quality car than Lambos as well, but they're far too common and they make a sedan. Nuff said :)

Anyhow... my first love will always be the 1989 Countach. 25th Anneversary with the crazy lower-door air intakes that somewhat resemble that of the Ferrari Testarossa.

Andrew