PDA

View Full Version : A Special Thank You!

kaj27
05-03-2007, 12:40 PM
I'd like to take a quick moment to thank Saint John Energy. Why? Well this morning at 9:07am my power was disconnected. Why? Who knows, For how long.....Again who knows!?

At 1:25pm finally the power has come back on. I know that they were meddling with the lines and adding a pole just down the street....now. But a simple letter would have been nice to tell me that the power will be off for four hours. Today was my day off now over half of my day is wasted waiting for the power.

Nothing like doing the dishes by candle light.

Again Thanks Saint John Energy for the GREAT customer service. A class act.

Misty589
05-03-2007, 03:49 PM
The people doing their jobs working on the poles are human, did you think that maybe they made a ...................MISTAKE!!! It could be that they didn't send letters because there didn't expect any problems, but mistakes happen. If they sent letters everytime they were going to touch a wire to tell everyone that they were doing it then it would probably just have to raise their rates because of the cost.
Where do you live anyway that it is dark between 9 am and 1 pm, maybe i'll move so my kids will sleep in longer lol

kaj27
05-03-2007, 04:05 PM
The people doing their jobs working on the poles are human, did you think that maybe they made a ...................MISTAKE!!! It could be that they didn't send letters because there didn't expect any problems, but mistakes happen. If they sent letters everytime they were going to touch a wire to tell everyone that they were doing it then it would probably just have to raise their rates because of the cost.
Where do you live anyway that it is dark between 9 am and 1 pm, maybe i'll move so my kids will sleep in longer lol

I live in a basement actually, with windows on the bedroom/living room sides and nothing on the bathroom/kitchen.

Like I said they were installing new poles. There was no mistake, this was clearly planned but not announced.

icedragon
05-03-2007, 04:54 PM
don't they usually announce planned maintainence on the radio?

kaj27
05-03-2007, 05:41 PM
Sometimes. But my car radio is always on 88.9. I don't own tapes and I'm too poor to buy a cd player, lol.

girdy
05-03-2007, 08:32 PM
I just received an automated phone call from NB Power (I live in Quispam) to tell me about a planned power outage in my area May 5 from 5:30 a.m. to 7 a.m.. I guess somebody does it right.

kaj27
05-03-2007, 09:11 PM
Damn them further!

beefy
05-03-2007, 10:11 PM
Kaj: You don't happen to live in upper forest hills? If so... my brother lives up there, and he knew about it. If not.......disregard beefy