PDA

View Full Version : playstation3

tony_s
12-20-2006, 05:33 PM
Just a quick note for anyone still looking for ps3 Zellers northend has 6 as of 6pm tonight they did only have 3 but someone brought 3 back realizing they could not make a profit cause most stores have them in stock now

yoyoyip
12-21-2006, 06:58 AM
Just a quick note for anyone still looking for ps3 Zellers northend has 6 as of 6pm tonight they did only have 3 but someone brought 3 back realizing they could not make a profit cause most stores have them in stock now

glad to hear. I hope all these profiteers lose out big time on their "investments".

Bawango
12-22-2006, 07:28 AM
Wal Mart has 2 60GB PS3
Rothesay Avenue Superstore has both 20GB and 60GB PS3
There are also real cheap ones on ebay. A few with sellers not having a reserve price and with free shipping.

The Revelation
12-22-2006, 12:51 PM
Actually, I think walmart has 5 or 6, it's just they can only fit two at a time in the case out front..

quizzy
12-22-2006, 02:37 PM
They all over the place now, no one wants to buy this overpriced, bulky unit. Its all about the Wii and the 360 this Xmas.

The_Dave
12-22-2006, 03:32 PM
Quizzy what would you know anyway??? I hear you have a coleco.

user5624
12-22-2006, 07:33 PM
Is the PS3 no good? I'm not really a console person, but considering these machines cost so much, are they actually any good?

tony_s
12-22-2006, 07:49 PM
The way i look at it you really have to wanna play alot of games to spend almost a $1,000 dollars for this system or have lots of extra money i guess.

Freudian
12-22-2006, 09:17 PM
I think gaming consoles are way overpriced, these days. I am referring to the regular retail price. The original NES was probably under 200$. My parents would never have got it in the 80's if it cost more than that.

I also think PC and Console games are too expensive within the first 6mo/1yr release. 59-69$ for a game? That's why everyone pirates them. I am behind on alot of the new games because my computer was too slow until my recent upgrade. Now I'm buying a few of the games that still seem 'new' to me, because I haven't had the chance to play them yet. I got UT2004, Quake4, NFS-MW, NFS-Carbon, etc. I paid somewhere around 20$ each because they're a 1-2yrs old. There aren't many games out there for 59$ that I want anyways, so it works for me. If games were introduced at a reasonable price, such as 30$, then I think ppl would pirate less and buy more.

** carbon was more than 20$, but its brand new **
Cheers.

Bawango
12-23-2006, 12:26 AM
They all over the place now, no one wants to buy this overpriced, bulky unit. Its all about the Wii and the 360 this Xmas.

Its funny how people go on and bash and hate something for no reason. If the PS3's price is too rich for your blood then skip it.
3 years down the road a few of us will own a Wii, the 360 and a PS3 anyway. Lets face it, there are games that are going to come out that will not be available for all 3 consoles.
Wii is cool now but I think people will get over it. Look at the DS. Most new games coming out for it are 2D side scrollers and with very minimal use of the stylus pen and touch screen. Game developers will get lazy make games that uses the wii-mote less.
I will admit that nintendo did a great job with marketing the Wii and making the price point more than reasonable.
Anyway, I'm off to play Escape from monkey Island for my PS2.

lissa_sunshine
12-23-2006, 12:57 PM
the reason these systems cost so much is because as more come out prices of parts go up and second of all the xbox 360 (which im a proud owner of) and the PS3 are pretty much little computers you can surf the web upload pics music anything you want really they have really hard drives and crazy graphics card all this like a computer costs money. And if you think they are "crazily overpriced" your wrong. I spent 2 years in high school before i had even ever picked up a video game in my life working at EB games in the mall and truly when PS2 came out we only made something like 50 dollars off each system its the games we make the money on. So i mean diss all those who play but its just a hobby. Im not an avid gamer but from working there i know much more than i should lol. I only bought my 360 for hockey hahahaha . But really the price is steep and i wouldnt pay 900 for a ps3 either who has that kinda money lying around. But really its not overpriced....youd pay tha tmuch for a computer hell these days you could go out and by an expensive PC that will have just as nice graphics as your gaming console. So to all those who play give it....to all those who dont get the world of gaming dont try its confusing hahaha .....

Bawango
12-23-2006, 10:13 PM
Well put Lissa. The truth is Sony is losing a lot of money for what they are selling the PS3 for.
$650 is a lot of money to invest in a console that its future is uncertain. From what I have read in the internet I would not get a PS3 right now. I'm planning on waiting on what kind of quality games (if any) will be coming out in '07 and on.
If you think about it, for $650 you getting a system that is backwards compatible to both PS1 and PS2, no extra attachments to purchase to play other media formats and online play is free (well its suppose to be but that can change)
I mean an Xbox 360 is $499 but to play HD dvds you have to shell out another $199 to get the HD dvd player attachment so your basically looking at PS3.
Plus Blu Ray players are over $1000 so getting a PS3 is a very cheap alternative and you get to play games.
Anyway, I plan on getting a PS3 but not anytime soon. If I get desperate enough to want to play next gen game I will be looking at a Wii or maybe a 360...Maybe:confused:

frankob
12-23-2006, 11:32 PM
Quizzy what would you know anyway??? I hear you have a coleco.

lol

Freudian
12-26-2006, 10:25 AM
Yes, I understand the consoles are basically a PC in a small package which insanly fast Video Card with the whole system tweaked for video performance. That is very awesome and is a good reason to get a Console over using your PC for gaming.

I use my PC mostly for video and audio, but since uprading to a Core2 Duo and a GeForce 7600, I've been playing games. They all run quite well, so I no longer need a Console.

The truth is that I don't spend alot of time gaming, so I will currently stick with the PC, esp. with the new console prices. Maybe when PS3 drops to 249.99 in the 3rd Quarter of 2007, I might think about it, but the problem with that is, you'd have to buy the games or rent them. Blu-Ray burners are so expensive right now a they are so new, so 'borrowing' games is out for now.

meh... so many factors.

Merry Christmas everyone.

daneast
12-26-2006, 01:40 PM
I agree. For the price of a ps3 I can build one nice computer. Then get emulators, pc version of games etc..It ia all just mostly hype..wait 6 months...they will be half or less of what you pay now. I am always amazed at how "gamers" fall for the publicity and marketing ploys, like limited quanities etc...especially when they already have a good system ..just want the newest, now, instead of holding off ...quite funny.

woggey_15
12-26-2006, 10:18 PM
well i think sony sucks and i am going to stick with my xbox

Bawango
12-26-2006, 11:13 PM
[quote=woggey_15;9057]well i think sony sucks and i am going to stick with my xbox[/quote
:confused::eek:

kaj27
12-27-2006, 12:41 AM
PSP is where its at. Im actually posting this via PSP!

tryshc
12-27-2006, 06:10 AM
I am a little new to this forum thing, so please be patient. I am new to vidoe-gaming (thanks to my husband) and I do enjoy it. We have a ps2 and hopefully a ps3 in the future, after the bugs are worked out of it. Our children want a Wii, so we'll most likely get one for them (later). I heard through some people that a system was held for a person at a store until just about closing time, because he knew someone. There were people robbed and shot (in the states) while waiting in line for a ps3. There was a guy on youtube who took a ps3 out of the store in front of a group of people and busted the @#$%^&* out of it...just for fun. It's insane out there. I understand that through marketing, supply and demand, but wow!, what a mess out there. Toys are us sold more "deposits" than it received Wii's. I was there getting other things for Christmas and there were A LOT of upset people there. I think back to when the original NES were out, and there was no limited shipping. There wasn't a massive amount sent to stores, but there was enough to go around. I spent more on gas looking for a Wii the first week, than I would have spent on the system itself. This 3-4 to a store was, in my opinion, the stupidest thing I'd ever seen. I was getting pushed and shoved out of the way by people. The manager at one store had people freaking out because he REFUSED to go take care of the situation, and instead left a young clerk, who didn't have the authority to help these people. I think that if this what we have to deal with...I'll wait the additional months until the hype has gone down and SAFELY get my system home. Thanks for letting me vent.

quizzy
12-28-2006, 12:33 PM
I mean an Xbox 360 is $499 but to play HD dvds you have to shell out another $199 to get the HD dvd player attachment so your basically looking at PS3.
Plus Blu Ray players are over $1000 so getting a PS3 is a very cheap alternative and you get to play games.
Anyway, I plan on getting a PS3 but not anytime soon. If I get desperate enough to want to play next gen game I will be looking at a Wii or maybe a 360...Maybe:confused:

Hi..

You need to add some info on this to be a little more accurate..Like what exactly do you get if you buy the $650 PS3 or the $499 360?
Just to note a few advantages for the 360.

-PS3-Forced to buy a blue ray player whether you have an HD compatable TV or Not. In order to enjoy the player you need to buy movies(not sure if you can rent them yet) and have an HD TV.
-PS3-Doesn't come with component cables. You need to buy the PS3 brand component cables, I believe you can use the PS2 cable if you have one (not sure).
-PS3-Its a year newer and really there has nothing more to offer that the 360 doen't already do and do it better.
-PS3-Comparable Graphics to the 360, with less games to choose from.
-PS3-Its really not selling.. look in the stores they are everywhere, no its not cause Sony is amazing and shipped a billion consoles, no one wants them!!

-360-Doesnt force you to buy an HD DVD player. so those who don't want one or don't have an HD TV ready, don't need to spend the extra cash.
-360-If you do buy the HD-DVD add on, you get King Kong movie($30), the Universal remote($40), and King Kong video game ($20) so really your only paying $110 for the HD-DVD player. not a bad deal at all
-360-Right now the Holiday bundle which includes at least 2 games is cheaper than $499. You can get one for $450 or $399 if your lucky this boxing week.
-360-Had 2 major updates to improve its features and connectivity, added 1080p, the Marketplace is amazing, the camera is very cool, you can almost download every games demo for free.
-360-Game of the year (GEARS OF WAR)

Also, what if HD-DVD wins the format battle against blue ray. bye bye PS3, Sony had its run.

Good link to read if your thinking about buying a PS3
http://www.unscripted360.com/2006/12/28/playstation-3-sitting-not-selling/

Nuff said.. I could go on and on, but choose not to..

PS: The_Dave... I do have a Coleco... its fun. :D

puppyluv
12-28-2006, 07:07 PM
Bring back Pong! hehehehe

Nelia29
12-28-2006, 11:06 PM
I bought my PS3 just before Christmas. I'm very happy with it. I am not going to dog any other consoles because each is good in their own ways. I see alot of people saying how they like the WII. That is great, but for me I find Nintendo games too kiddy and cartoonish and I prefer my games with realizm so I can enjoy the whole experience. To be honest, there are only so many things you can do with Mario before it's old and tiring, but again my opinion. I like the fact that PS3 is online (no monthy subscription *cough Microsoft) That it is capiable of playing a new format of disc like BlueRay (which holds 50gigs of information) Think about what the games will be. They will be more massive and free roaming, with excellent graphics as space is not an issue. I just think that PS3 is being beat around because alot of people are mad at Sony for pricing it so out of reach, but trust me it's worth it, it's amazing. They also offer free game downloads and demos on the online store when you get it. They have a limited selection of games to buy right now, but hey.. it's new and I'd rather wait a bit for a well designed fun to play game.. then one thrown together to be ready for launch. The WII control will get old faster then later and people will want to go back to a standard controller. The PS3 offers a standard (wireless) controller with motion sensitivity.

Let's just conclude with.. pick the console that most offers the experience you want to have.. each are equal in thier own unique way.

tony_s
12-29-2006, 02:39 AM
You can tell times have changed when the only thing to worry about who has the best console.People out there dealing with real issues and we are worried who has the best.There are people out there worried how to heat there homes or how there going to pay there bills, put food on the table .And the big discussion is wether to spend a 1,000 dollars to play games hmm .Just goes to show you times have indeed changed

Mandi
12-29-2006, 08:05 AM
You can tell times have changed when the only thing to worry about who has the best console.People out there dealing with real issues and we are worried who has the best.There are people out there worried how to heat there homes or how there going to pay there bills, put food on the table .And the big discussion is wether to spend a 1,000 dollars to play games hmm .Just goes to show you times have indeed changed
Personally I would be happy to have my nes back that my dad sold before I moved out. or an atari. Frogger all the way!
I enjoy video games, but I do think it's sad that it's almost as though you're the shunned kid if you don't have the best ones, (in middle school at least. )

daneast
12-29-2006, 09:41 AM
I just don't see why anyone would pay that much money when in 3 to 6 months they will be a lot cheaper..just falling for the hype.

tony_s
12-29-2006, 10:03 AM
Thats it right there could not had said it better people buy the hype one reason or another will never understand why.It' not if this is a rich city where there is all kinds of good paying jobs.This province after all has the lowest starting wagesat $6.70 but wait hold the presses it goes up Jan 1 to $7.00 I hear so that should pay for another game for this 1,000 dollar system that apperently we all need.I guess we all have our priorities.Dont get me wrong for people who really can afford it good for you but people who really cant afford it but still buy it hmmm,thats food on the table or enough money to pay a couple bills.We all are bombarded with they hype its just our choice to ignore it or fall for it i guess.Just one person's opinion i guess.

kaj27
12-29-2006, 10:55 AM
Oh God here it goes.

Starts about PS3, goes into how NB needs work. Sigh iSaintJohn.

tony_s
12-29-2006, 11:17 AM
Oh God here it goes.

Starts about PS3, goes into how NB needs work. Sigh iSaintJohn.

As i stated it's just one person's view you can read it and laugh or really think upto the individial. I think we are allowed to express our thought unless that has changed now hmmm .Maybe it has i just did not get the memo snicker snicker

kaj27
12-29-2006, 11:48 AM
As i stated it's just one person's view you can read it and laugh or really think upto the individial. I think we are allowed to express our thought unless that has changed now hmmm .Maybe it has i just did not get the memo snicker snicker

You are obviously able to express your opinion. But why do it while people are trying to discuss Game Console Systems? Doesn't really make sense.

tony_s
12-29-2006, 12:01 PM
You are obviously able to express your opinion. But why do it while people are trying to discuss Game Console Systems? Doesn't really make sense.

Ok i'm kinda knew to this forum so if i stepped over the line i appolgize but when i have looked at other posts the subject was never always about the original subject. Again i wont preach about i appolgize if went to far.

paak
12-29-2006, 12:17 PM
Rarely does any topic stay 'on topic' in any form of communication. Conversation, on all mediums, follows those who speak. Thank God that we are free to speak our minds in this country :-)