PDA

View Full Version : Rats....Yuck

HitByABus
04-25-2007, 12:13 PM
I work late at night and Monday night I was driving home from work and there was big wharf rat dead on the road on McAllister in front of Timmys.
So last night I am driving home and I was at the lights on Westmorland Rd and this big gd wharf rat was running in circles in the middle of the road. I darn near jumped out of my seat...So what do you think is causing these pest to be noticable all of a sudden. Really two in two days gives me the willies......Hope I don't have nightmares....I know it is the Spring but I was just wondering if we are being invaded.....
Thanks Hit....:(

Cartersmom
04-25-2007, 01:05 PM
eww. I'm glad I missed that viewing- I am bad enough with tiny mice..I'll have to tkae a pass on rats as big as a cat :(

jillrogers_7
04-25-2007, 01:43 PM
oh gosh, i probably would have had a stroke. mice scare me enough but a huge warf rat would really do it for me! my roomate and i are actually having a mouse problem, but luckily pest control is there today! i hope they can get rid of them for good!!!

ceg
04-25-2007, 02:41 PM
They're probably looking for food and getting ready to mate.

jdcb
04-25-2007, 04:21 PM
I've been here for a while and I've only seen one several years ago, I thought it was kinda cool to see one out and running around myself...

vanessalynn5484
04-25-2007, 07:10 PM
ewwww wharf rats mating...Rickster please don't jump in here with one of your explanations lol

gumbyone
04-25-2007, 07:14 PM
I work late at night and Monday night I was driving home from work and there was big wharf rat dead on the road on McAllister in front of Timmys.
So last night I am driving home and I was at the lights on Westmorland Rd and this big gd wharf rat was running in circles in the middle of the road. I darn near jumped out of my seat...So what do you think is causing these pest to be noticable all of a sudden. Really two in two days gives me the willies......Hope I don't have nightmares....I know it is the Spring but I was just wondering if we are being invaded.....
Thanks Hit....:(

A friend of mine used to clean after hrs at Mcallister Mall he said you would not believe the ones running around there after hrs. Plus I was at Kents the other day and where they keep the grass seed, just look at the floor theres all kinds of droppings laying around there..

dave

Misty589
04-25-2007, 08:43 PM
ewww, there were rats in my basement when i moved in here, Dh killed SIX!! none since but man i didn't go down there for ever lol (my poor laundry never got done haha)
I wonder if they are abundant in that area because the swampland/forest area that they used to live in is now a bunch of strip malls and big box stores?

Woofer
04-25-2007, 08:55 PM
if ya ever walk by parkway by the drainage pipe you might see a bunch, last year me and my kids counted like 6 walking along the water, lol they look harmless from a distance lol

HitByABus
04-26-2007, 11:27 AM
They're probably looking for food and getting ready to mate.

LOL...Thanks for sharing this with us....Now I am having visons that give me the shivers.....But you are probably right!:(

Chinna Dah
04-26-2007, 09:51 PM
Could they be from the building they are tearing down on the wharf? seems all of a sudden they are out, and it just happens to be they are tearing down an old building on the wharf.

Just a thought.

Rickster
04-26-2007, 10:10 PM
Sorry Vannessa; can't resist,LOL,lol. Yes , as some have already figgered out, it is mating season for all,lol. And the 'Rat' next to the rabbit(which is in the rodent family)is probably one of the most 'aroused' mammal this time of year ,(next to a teen-ager,lol).Don't be surprised if a pair of rats continue unabashed if you come upon them as researsh shows them to be quite the exibitionist(think I got that right,lol.).Get it on film and you may be able to sell it !!,LOL,lol. - Rick.

vanessalynn5484
04-27-2007, 04:23 AM
Sorry Vannessa; can't resist,LOL,lol. Yes , as some have already figgered out, it is mating season for all,lol. And the 'Rat' next to the rabbit(which is in the rodent family)is probably one of the most 'aroused' mammal this time of year ,(next to a teen-ager,lol).Don't be surprised if a pair of rats continue unabashed if you come upon them as researsh shows them to be quite the exibitionist(think I got that right,lol.).Get it on film and you may be able to sell it !!,LOL,lol. - Rick.LOL I am coming back to the discussion forums just this one last time to say Thanks for the nightmares sweet pea!

LOL
Goodbye discussion forums (again - for real this time I promise:D)