PDA

View Full Version : Best Spyware Program?

psych
04-24-2007, 05:24 PM
I keep getting trojans and spyware which I cant get rid of.I cant delete the dll in windows or safe mode,it keeps saying the file is in use.I use add watch and spybot search and destroy,but they cant get rid of the files.What is the best freeware program to get rid of trojans and worms? I am using Winxp proThanks

j adams
04-24-2007, 06:13 PM
I use microsoft windows defender seems to work good for me.

serialspell
04-24-2007, 06:49 PM
i use the avg free spyware and it works great

kaj27
04-24-2007, 08:22 PM
Spybot S&D

&

Adaware.

Use both.

The_Dave
04-24-2007, 09:47 PM
AVG for viruses and adaware for spyware, both work great for me.

psych
04-25-2007, 06:38 AM
I already use latest Adaware and Spybot Search and Destroy,but still cant get rid of Trojans and browser hijackers

jayson
04-25-2007, 04:11 PM
So have you tried ang spyware or the microshaft one.....also what freeware or shareware programs you have installed........as these may be found in programs that are installed and thus the runnning .dll or try a program like process explorer lets u see everything thing running try to see if u can find the .dll's there and kill them then try cleaning them out otherwise u may have to research what trojans and such there are or give us the names and we can help

psych
04-25-2007, 05:25 PM
tried the free AVG antispyware,and spyware sweeper.They both find trojans or malicious files and delete them,but after a reboot,they come back.Main ones are called Virtumonde and Rbot.cthelper.I did a google and found a remover on Symantec sight,but they still comes back after reboot.

kaj27
04-25-2007, 05:29 PM
I already use latest Adaware and Spybot Search and Destroy,but still cant get rid of Trojans and browser hijackers

That would be due to the fact that Trojans are Viruses and not spyware.

You need a virus scanner too.

adamroy
04-25-2007, 05:38 PM
Ever since i started using Firefox, i never get spyware anymore. I have windows defender but never use it.

jayson
04-25-2007, 05:53 PM
Ok go to trend micro site i think it is www.housecall.antivirus.com (http://www.housecall.antivirus.com) and they do a free online scan for both viruses and spyware and if this doesn't work i would suggest looking at either what programs u have installed or have installed when this started or what u were doing as it would seem to be running with a program if it comes back on reboot of it is a file that loads onstart somewhere did u try msconfig and take off the ones that u dont need

kimbey76
05-01-2007, 02:47 PM
did you run the remover with system restore enabled? try disabling it and see if it takes care of it, your system restore may be backing up the virus so you are not getting rid of it by just running the remover

mattpage84
05-01-2007, 04:09 PM
i have avg 7.5 on my system at home and have np with it at all, it finds everything that comes in or try's too, i know a few ppl who used download programs like limewire or bearshare and were getting infected like crazy, the website for trend micro, if you werent able to find it, is housecall.trendmicro.com and its right there on the front page, its an excellent site too, i do tech support at stream in the aliant building and we use it everyday for our customers