PDA

View Full Version : Despres diagnosed as paranoid schizophrenic

vanessalynn5484
04-24-2007, 02:27 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/new-brunswick/story/2007/04/24/nb-despresdiagnosis.html

I feel really bad for the family of the victims for what they have been put through. Now the drawn-out trial may halt as he has been determined to be unfit to stand trial. He was evaluated 3 different times and this is the first time that the doctor concluded he was mentally unfit to be in court.

What do you guys think?

magoosmomma
04-24-2007, 02:39 PM
disgusting.. I dont know what else to say but disgusting!!!

The_Dave
04-24-2007, 04:23 PM
He doesn't even deserve a trial!!! Put him down like the wild dog he is. Give him the chair. Hang him. Give him the needle. Just get him off this earth!!

trinity
04-24-2007, 04:44 PM
Ok, it was obvious to blind and deaf viewers who saw the news that he is NUTSO! Why did it take 3 evaluations by "professionals" to figure out that he is a first class LOON? Of course he's insane-so lock him up in a mental institution for life.

vanessalynn5484
04-24-2007, 05:00 PM
I am pretty sure I am distantly related to Fred Fulton as my grandfather is a Fulton and from that area. I could be wrong, but there is a family resemblance too.

What I don't understand is how he wasn't diagnosed the first two times?

It must be putting the family through anguish. They want closure to this and I am afraid they won't get it now.

rhiley_08j
04-24-2007, 05:12 PM
It's a sin that the human mind can develop to that state. I feel so sorry for the victims families. There is no rhyme or reason behind it. I feel blessed that I have a sane mind that can understand reason, and that it wasn't any of my loved ones that it happen to. I hope all that are involved get the help and support that they need.

ksbeckaa
04-25-2007, 07:11 AM
I seriously doubt that he is not fit to stand trial. I think its an elaborate ruise to allow him to spend the rest of his life in a nice mental institution rather than in jail. I think he is a very clever (evil) man who has found away to get away with murder. I feel so terrible for his victims families...they will never get justice.

magoosmomma
04-25-2007, 07:58 AM
I seriously doubt that he is not fit to stand trial. I think its an elaborate ruise to allow him to spend the rest of his life in a nice mental institution rather than in jail. I think he is a very clever (evil) man who has found away to get away with murder. I feel so terrible for his victims families...they will never get justice.
you know I have thought the very same thing

murraydow
04-25-2007, 08:46 AM
How could he do anything as terrible as that and not be crazy? That does
not change the fact that I think he should be put down like a wild dog!

space
04-25-2007, 09:28 AM
Ok, it was obvious to blind and deaf viewers who saw the news that he is NUTSO! Why did it take 3 evaluations by "professionals" to figure out that he is a first class LOON? Of course he's insane-so lock him up in a mental institution for life.

agree!!

The_Dave
04-25-2007, 09:32 AM
I agree with ksbeckaa, it is a game he is palying and so far he is winning.

vanessalynn5484
04-25-2007, 09:44 AM
Well I must say that by the third evaluation he may know what answers they are looking for.

You can tell by his eyes there is something not right with him. I do not believe in evil, but I believe in darkness of a person's mind and how it could manifest.

There are mental illnesses that could explain, but not justify why he murdered these people so brutally (like what he was originally diagnosed with).

If he goes to an institution isn't there a chance he could be released if his treatment goes well? It could take years, but isn't it possible? :mad:

ksbeckaa
04-25-2007, 09:46 AM
I think you can be committed for life, and I think you can be committed for a period of time. So if , as I think, he continues to play this game well, he can be a free man some day. Its frightening isnt it?

6sixstring6
04-25-2007, 12:11 PM
He has only been found not fit to stand trial, not insane when he comitted the crime. So if he does get well during treatment, then he is not released, he will the have to stand trial for his crimes.

vanessalynn5484
04-25-2007, 02:03 PM
He has only been found not fit to stand trial, not insane when he comitted the crime. So if he does get well during treatment, then he is not released, he will the have to stand trial for his crimes.That is what I was wondering, thanks six :)

tred816
04-25-2007, 03:06 PM
I studied psychiatry in college (not that I'm a psychiatrist, but it was one of my courses) and one of the first things were learned about Schitzophrenia is that they are rarely if ever dangerous unless they feel they are in danger.

This doesn't seem like the case here to me. I also have a grandmother with paranoid schitzophrenia and yeah, she's a bit whacko lol but harmless.

Unfortunately, this guy is just going to give mental illness a bad rep all over again.

Anyone who commits murder in cold blood should be thrown in jail, sick or not. This guy's no exception. I'd rather he become a danger to other inmates than to defenseless patients at an institution.

Shame on Mr. Theriault for contributing to keeping a murderer out of prison.

tred816
04-25-2007, 03:59 PM
Found this on line:

Updated article from the one above:
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/new-brunswick/story/2007/04/25/nb-fitdespresday2.html