PDA

View Full Version : posessed gamecube game

icedragon
04-21-2007, 11:05 AM
I woke up this morning and I thought it would be nice to play some nhl hockey on the gamecube today. so I bought this hockey game for Gamecube from a guy on here. Went to the bank and got some money out. Went to macdonalds and got some breakfast. Stopped at my wife's work and surprised her with some breakfast. I went home and checked some messages while I was eating. A short time later I felt this irregular pain in my stomach usually associated with Macdonalds food. After I got out of the bathroom and 30 minutes had elapsed, I thought I would try the game. I have 2 nintendo brand controllers, 2 after market controllers (Can't remember name) and I non working wireless controller. I put the game in like normal and started playing. Not enough blocks free to save games as usual. I opted to play without saving. I chose the teams and set the rules and all that stuff. The ref dropped the puck and I won the face off. Then I realized my guy couldn't move. He could spin around but can't move, pass or shoot. If the other team bumped him I could get him to skate. I found this quite funny. I shut it off, hooked up one of the aftermarket controllers and everything worked fine. I thought this is getting quite weird. As the game was booting I was looking at the wireless one trying to figure out whats wrong with it. Just for the hey of it I plugged it in and it too worked fine. Really really strange. The only logical explanation I could think of is the nhl game is possesed by the devil or something. Then I got the idea to post my problem on here, started typing a pile of useless information and here you are reading it.
So In conclusion. All controllers except the wireless worked fine all along. The 2 nintendo brand controllers don't work with the nhl game (but work with everything else) The 2 aftermarket controllers did work fine with the nhl game and the wireless works with the nhl game but with nothing else.
Can anyone explain this?

serialspell
04-21-2007, 12:49 PM
that used to happen to me, i was told not to touch the controller when turning the gamecbe un or it can have undesired results like the symptoms you are having

icedragon
04-21-2007, 02:56 PM
I'll try that next time I play

BEagles
05-01-2007, 12:08 PM
Which NHL game is it? Is it made by EA sports? If so I've experienced this with the Xbox when playing at work. What usually happens is the two analog sticks conflict with each other causing your player to be in a constant "manual" deke. This can be fixed usually by screwing around with the right analog stick. I'm not sure if it's the same for GC, or even the same game, but that's what I've experienced.

icedragon
05-01-2007, 03:18 PM
it is ea sports but as far as I can tell it's the 2 nintendo controllers. I've turned the system on without touching any buttons but those 2 controllers still do it. I have it stuck in my head that if I push lots of buttons the game will start faster