PDA

View Full Version : puter problem

bluejay
04-21-2007, 07:56 AM
I have a Dell computer and last weekend it just froze I can put in the password than it doesnt do anything I tryed everything and had a tech take a look at it ,he says it needs to be sent back to Ontario to Dell where i bought it anybody have any information on dells or anywhere it town it can be fixed ?Or knows what could be wrong with it

liuxinbing
04-21-2007, 08:01 AM
Call Dell if still under warranty; restore it if out of warranty. Few minutes work if you still keep the restore CD.

gumbyone
04-21-2007, 09:00 AM
I have a Dell computer and last weekend it just froze I can put in the password than it doesnt do anything I tryed everything and had a tech take a look at it ,he says it needs to be sent back to Ontario to Dell where i bought it anybody have any information on dells or anywhere it town it can be fixed ?Or knows what could be wrong with it

password... windows password or the system bios? does it show the windows logo before it asks for a password? if it does reboot press F8 when it is starting it will give you a menu. pick boot into safe mode. when it is booted up goto system tools then system restore. pick a date from the calender from last week or something and see if it works after it is finished.

dave

bluejay
04-21-2007, 09:03 AM
it's the windows password ,it won;t take the xp windows to re install it just dies after the password ,all you get is a blue screen the icons won;t even load ...it won't even go into safe mode .

bluejay
04-21-2007, 09:06 AM
it's 4 yrs old so no warranty , I went and bought a new computer . So now I have the whole dell system printer ,monitor , cd burner , speakers the tower ....

gumbyone
04-21-2007, 09:13 AM
it's the windows password ,it won;t take the xp windows to re install it just dies after the password ,all you get is a blue screen the icons won;t even load ...it won't even go into safe mode .

try the other menu item it should say something like restore last knowen good. what is the version?

dave

bluejay
04-21-2007, 09:33 AM
all I know it's xp windows and after it loads the password you can;t do anything with it . no safe mode it wont let you get into anything !

SaskSask
04-21-2007, 12:50 PM
Did you try just hitting enter with no password?

You might want to give this a shot as well http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321305

bluejay
04-22-2007, 08:43 AM
yes I tryed just pushing enter ,nothing works you get it to do anything

freddy
04-22-2007, 08:56 AM
try going into safe mode before pasword comes up....as soon as you turn on pc hit F8..keep hitting until you get option of how to start, then go into safe mode....

I had this happen one time to my dell...blue screen only....going in and restoring to another day fixed the problem....

paak
04-23-2007, 12:19 PM
Do not click on any username on the login screen, then try CTRL+ALT+DEL (all at the same time - may have to press a couple times before the classic login screen appears) and Log in as "Administrator" (without the quotes) and no password....you may get in that way.