PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know what happened???

Auntie22
04-21-2007, 01:22 AM
I was driving home around 1:15 am and there were like five + fire trucks, a police car and an ambulance in the parking lot of sears. They were in front of the cataloug doors and then on the oppisit side? Anyone hear anything??

vanessalynn5484
04-21-2007, 01:27 AM
I do not know what happened, but I heard a ton of sirens. It woke my son up out of a deep sleep. I am not complaining, but it takes a lot [of noise] to wake him up. It sounded like they were going to come through my window!

I live East. I would like to know what happened too.

I was going to post earlier, but thought maybe I was exaggerating what I heard where the house was so quiet and this big old house has funny echoes....

One noise sounded like not any other siren I have ever heard before. Almost like some type of horn going off rapidly?

trinity
04-21-2007, 03:21 AM
I was at Tim's McAllister drive until about 1:10 a.m., my friend commented on the fact that a police car appeared to be hanging out in the parking lot waiting for something. They left just before we did, no lights or sirens or anything, but I thought I passed a record number of patrol cars heading east on my way back uptown. Again, none of them had lights flashing

icedragon
04-21-2007, 06:19 AM
I drove by it at shortly after 10 pm om my way for gas and ice cream bowl. There was a car smashed into the telephone pole just past the last driveway to get to pets unlimited (toward esso)on the same side of the road. The fire dept was cutting somone out of the car. The ambulance was just arriving. NB power was just getting there. A white 1/4 ton was on the back of a flatbed being hauled away. Not sure if it was invoved. There was a white sheet on the ground with people standing over it. Can't say for sure if anyone was killed. There didn't seem to be that much damage to the car but it was at night and it was a dark car

NoseToTheGrind
04-21-2007, 06:49 AM
Last night at Sears, there was smoke coming from a vent on the roof, they were dispatched there because of a fire alarm activation and discovered the smell of smoke....haven't heard anything else from that, couldn't have been nothing major though, nothing in the paper this am.

jdcb
04-21-2007, 07:18 AM
nothing in the paper this am.[/B]

but by that time, the paper would already be printing...

vanessalynn5484
04-21-2007, 07:37 PM
So does anyone have confirmation on what actually happened? Anything eventful?

dittydottie
04-21-2007, 07:55 PM
Whatever it was could not have been very serious because Sears was crazy today! I was there around 10:30 and you had to wait in line for fitting room,wait in line for cash,& say excuse me after bumping into people.
What really ticked me off most about the whole thing is the rudness of people. I could not believe how many clothes were left behind in dressing rooms.Some thrown on the seats,some thrown on the floor and some just left hanging there.I was in and out of the area about 4 different times so I saw it in 3 of the 4 rooms I entered.How hard is it to take them with you as you leave the room and put them on a rack right outside the changing room door.

jdcb
04-21-2007, 10:36 PM
I heard something breifly on the radio about one of the air conditioning units or air exchangers or something had a small electrical fire. Burned itself out pretty quick as i understand, but let go of some smoke and tripped the alarms... At least they know their alarms work...

Rickster
04-22-2007, 12:23 AM
Buy the Scanner for sale in the 'electronics' section of this site:D Then you can always know that info(plus promote this site!), just mentioned as my 'sis' calls me all the time and that's what I tell Her !!. - Rick.