PDA

View Full Version : Free International Shipping? Thanks UPS!

Jhazon
04-19-2007, 11:20 AM
In December, I shipped a large package of books to a person Germany. The person in German sent me his account number and told me to charge to cost to his account. So off I went to the UPS Store on Rothesay Ave. and sent out the package. No cost to me as it was sent via the receivers account (COD). It was received a few days later and signed for by the receiver. But a few weeks later he decided to decline the charges on his account. UPS sent me an invoice a few weeks ago, and now I am stuck with a UPS bill of $170. What a scam!? Even though I have proof the receiver asked me to send the package expensed to his account, and even though he accepted for the package... even though the packing slip indicated COD with his account and he signed off on it... I am still faced with the bill because UPS says the contract on the slip says "Shipper Assumes All Responsiblity For Charges".

So if you ever want to send or receive something for free... it appears the loop-hole in UPS's policy will allow for such to occur. Here are the steps to follow: Set youself up a UPS account... have the sender ship the parcel on your account with a fake name (UPS does not ID the sender either)... accept the package then decline the charges a few weeks later... now UPS will have no one to charge as the sender can not be found. There will be no action taken against the receiver and no log will be keep if the receiver continues this. (I verified this scenario with UPS Customer Service and amazing they agreed this can happen and even asked me if I wanted to set up an account!)

The receiver in Germany has not returned any of my emails or phone calls and UPS is holding their ground saying that it is the sender's responsibility and that if there is a problem with the guy in Germany than that is a matter they will not involve themselves with. He could easily be doing this to other people and UPS does not care nor keep record of these issues.

kaj27
04-19-2007, 12:07 PM
I never mail anything by COD or by trust.

I must have the cash in my hand or bank account. Always.