PDA

View Full Version : Someone stop me before I kick the ATM

vanessalynn5484
04-19-2007, 08:22 AM
Stop me if you have heard this one....

So I was trying to withdraw funds from my account at an ATM. I put my card in, did up the pin and selected the account as usual. I heard the familiar whizzing of the machine as the money was about to be dispensed and then....nothing.

So I thought, alrighty, I will try a different ATM. I get to the different ATM and try to withdraw money and I am told I now have insufficient funds. Well that sucks because I just got a whole bunch of nothing and it cost me quite a bit. Almost the entire contents of my account actually.

So I call the bank and guess what? The transaction went through and it will now take up to 14 business days to refund my money back to my account. It is a really good thing that is a pay week or I would have been screwed. I can only hope it doesn't happen to someone else and then they have nothing to feed their family with or buy milk for their children.

It's my money and I was simply using the convenient card the bank makes us have. Well I guess the cost of convenience is inconvenience. Funny how that works....

tred816
04-19-2007, 08:46 AM
OMG that happened to me a few years ago. It was at the Royal Bank machine at McAllister Place and I withdrew 400 dollars only to get nothing! So, being a Saturday, we knew our bank was open, but we had no vehicle so we called the bank line and they tried to give us that baloney too!

We called our own branch and they told us to come right over with the receipt from the machine etc... and they would just put a temporary overdraft protection on our account until the process was complete and the 14 days was up. We made it just in time too. We had to hail a cab and made it to the bank at 2:59!!! They closed at 3pm hehe.

They have ways to get around it.

subaru2222
04-19-2007, 09:40 AM
Stop me if you have heard this one....

So I was trying to withdraw funds from my account at an ATM. I put my card in, did up the pin and selected the account as usual. I heard the familiar whizzing of the machine as the money was about to be dispensed and then....nothing.

So I thought, alrighty, I will try a different ATM. I get to the different ATM and try to withdraw money and I am told I now have insufficient funds. Well that sucks because I just got a whole bunch of nothing and it cost me quite a bit. Almost the entire contents of my account actually.

So I call the bank and guess what? The transaction went through and it will now take up to 14 business days to refund my money back to my account. It is a really good thing that is a pay week or I would have been screwed. I can only hope it doesn't happen to someone else and then they have nothing to feed their family with or buy milk for their children.

It's my money and I was simply using the convenient card the bank makes us have. Well I guess the cost of convenience is inconvenience. Funny how that works....

Was that the ATM in Prince Edward Square mall?

The_Dave
04-19-2007, 11:34 AM
Call back and ask to speak to the manager, if no luck call their head office lodge a complaint against the manager and ask to speak to the president. Don't take any BS from them.

brandenp
04-19-2007, 11:42 AM
Was that the ATM in Prince Edward Square mall?

This happened to me at Prince Edward Square ATM about 6 months ago... It took about a week to get my money back

kaj27
04-19-2007, 11:51 AM
Call back and ask to speak to the manager, if no luck call their head office lodge a complaint against the manager and ask to speak to the president. Don't take any BS from them.

Has nothing to do with BS. They have guidelines to follow and plus; these things do take time.

Sucks that it's 14 days but....

vanessalynn5484
04-19-2007, 12:02 PM
...but go suck a stinky toe? Basically lol :p

vanessalynn5484
04-19-2007, 12:03 PM
I mean I am S O L for anyone that doesn't um speak crazy.

The_Dave
04-19-2007, 12:09 PM
They expect us to use the ATMs to save themselves from paying tellers salaries and benefits, the very least they can do is give us same day service when an error on THEIR part happens. No BS call the manager ASAP.

The_Dave
04-19-2007, 12:10 PM
Also it happened to me once and I went directly into the branch immediately and they corrected THEIR mistake right away. Thats customer service.

tred816
04-19-2007, 12:36 PM
I agree with The Dave. You have to put your foot down. Even if they do something for you like they did for me and give you a temporary (no interest) overdraft protection or loan, whatever! There's no need for you to struggle because of their mistake.

Give em a little scare and say you'll change banks. Follow through if necessary. I don't believe in accepting their 14 day bull. That's what the tellers and staff do full time.

"The squeeky wheel gets the grease."

kaj27
04-19-2007, 12:39 PM
Was it your bank's machine though?

If it was one of those Interac Network Machines, Like mentioned at Prince Edward Square. They are shifty.

vanessalynn5484
04-19-2007, 12:57 PM
No actually my bank machine was down so I went to another bank close by. When that didn't work I went to a shifty ATM at the corner store. That told me I had insuff. funds, but my friend who was with me was able to withdraw her money from this machine just fine :p Well if you call a $2.75 charge just fine....Highway robbery!

I am going to call and see what they can do and if I can not get anywhere on the phone I will go down there. Like I said I am not all that mad as I will get paid tomorrow and we get CTB (And Dave with two kids under 7, I don't do too bad, Thanks;)lol jk) too. So it's not like I am in trouble. We have food, diapers, milk, soy milk (since the kids are not drinking milk), and coffee (it keeps me alive). I can always borrow money from a family member if I had too. I am just glad to know that if someone really was in a pinch there is something they can do.